You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Social Influencers"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 11:15am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

If I wanted to die a slow death for my past sins then I would be stuck in a lift with that irritating wannabe listening to her whine on and on and on and on and on.........
Get me a gun please!

If I was stuck in a lift with her, I'd be telling her not to speak with her mouth full.....
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

I'd love to know how they get so many followers? Presumably at the very start they have nobody following them or only close friends and family. Before they get a critical mass of followers which can then lead to other people jumping on the bandwagon to follow them, how do they get people to decide that they are worth following? I mean what makes a person decide, "I'll follow this random stranger on the internet who I have never heard of so I can hear their opinions on restaurants, fashion, sports, whatever"?

What a mystery the internet is 

How is a radio show popular
how is a podcast popular 
How has someone on Twitter followers

Nope, no idea either

Ara f**k right off Hoskins LOL

There is only so many radio channels, I would imagine there are hundreds of thousands of "social influencers". If a radio station has a new show would an unknown personality presumably they would be advertising the show on their radio station. People might decide to give it a listen after hearing the ads. To my mind that is a lot different than some complete randomer on the internet starting a blog and then other random strangers who have never heard of that individual deciding to follow them. I'm at a loss as to how they get started. 
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

If I wanted to die a slow death for my past sins then I would be stuck in a lift with that irritating wannabe listening to her whine on and on and on and on and on.........
Get me a gun please!

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 12:11pm
They both got the exposure they seek.

I'm worse for reading the article
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 12:29pm
The whole thing is a set up.

''This hotel in Clare had the perfect response to a bad review on Tripadvisor''

Fook off
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 11:27pm
See this has made the main bbc popular page
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 9:41am
There’s a page on instagram now called Bloggers Unveiled. It has basically been calling all the bloggers and social influencers out for editing pics and not stating if products are being promoted in exchange for money etc. The page is anonymous and it’s been active for a few months now. It’s brillint. They are receiving solicitors letters every day from different bloggers threatening to sue etc. It’s pathetic. If you’re on instagram and like the goss like myself, give them a follow. It’s eye opening. Some of them are absolute chancers. 

Edited by ShayGivensBum - 20 Jul 2018 at 9:42am
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 10:11am

I know a lad who would be considered an "influencer" and he occasionally goes to these product launches/ nightclub openings etc. He says it is the saddest thing in the world. A load of people standing around staring at their phones and not interacting with anyone else in any way. Then some PR chump will come over to them and hand them the product and the influencer will stick their phone on selfie video mode and come to life pretending that they are dancing around and having a mad time altogether for the benefit of their followers. Then after about a minute of that, they end the live feed or the video recording and go back to just standing around by themselves until it's time to go home. 

Another annoying trend occurs in the tech world. I used to work for a large US multinational online business. They used to heavily "encourage" staff to post videos on LinkedIn and other platforms outlining what an amazing time they are having in the office. This was an actual stat on my performance review as strange as that sounds. I was in a commercial role and my sales number only counted for 1/3 of my performance. The other two thirds were made up of how you contributed to overall company success and the various teams around you. It translated into having to behave like a member of Jim Jones' gang regarding the company in order to put yourself in the frame for any promotions. Similar to the above example, people would be jumping on a mini scooter and filming themselves going around the office woohooing and giving it a bit of "YEEEAAHHHH, LET'S GO UKI BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MAJOR ACCOUNT GROWTH TEAM!!! LET'S PARTY!!! WOOOOOOOOO" before sitting back down at their desk and making some cold calls to disinterested and sometimes actively hostile prospects. 

El Puto Amo
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 10:17am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I know a lad who would be considered an "influencer" and he occasionally goes to these product launches/ nightclub openings etc. He says it is the saddest thing in the world. A load of people standing around staring at their phones and not interacting with anyone else in any way. Then some PR chump will come over to them and hand them the product and the influencer will stick their phone on selfie video mode and come to life pretending that they are dancing around and having a mad time altogether for the benefit of their followers. Then after about a minute of that, they end the live feed or the video recording and go back to just standing around by themselves until it's time to go home. 

Another annoying trend occurs in the tech world. I used to work for a large US multinational online business. They used to heavily "encourage" staff to post videos on LinkedIn and other platforms outlining what an amazing time they are having in the office. This was an actual stat on my performance review as strange as that sounds. I was in a commercial role and my sales number only counted for 1/3 of my performance. The other two thirds were made up of how you contributed to overall company success and the various teams around you. It translated into having to behave like a member of Jim Jones' gang regarding the company in order to put yourself in the frame for any promotions. Similar to the above example, people would be jumping on a mini scooter and filming themselves going around the office woohooing and giving it a bit of "YEEEAAHHHH, LET'S GO UKI BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MAJOR ACCOUNT GROWTH TEAM!!! LET'S PARTY!!! WOOOOOOOOO" before sitting back down at their desk and making some cold calls to disinterested and sometimes actively hostile prospects. 

Sounds like my dream job
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 10:23am
Are they hiring? I think I would be good at that.

On a completely different matter, is it feasible to bring an assault rifle into work?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 10:25am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

On a completely different matter, is it feasible to bring an assault rifle into work?
LOLLOLLOL

Hang on a minute I will be back in a jiffy .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 10:30am

If I was younger when I started there Lassie, I might have been able to stomach it but I'm a bit too grizzled for that happy clappy sh1te. If you want me to sell the gear then simply give me the tools and tell me how much you want me to shift. Don't saddle me with a load of intangible social media based company promotion bollox forcing me to pretend that I'm loving every aspect of this poxy job. 
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 10:34am
Mc, the last paragraph of your post 😂😂
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 10:35am

Reminds me of the Peep Show scene where Mark talks about bringing the AK into work LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 10:36am
LOL
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Reminds me of the Peep Show scene where Mark talks about bringing the AK into work LOL
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

There’s a page on instagram now called Bloggers Unveiled. It has basically been calling all the bloggers and social influencers out for editing pics and not stating if products are being promoted in exchange for money etc. The page is anonymous and it’s been active for a few months now. It’s brillint. They are receiving solicitors letters every day from different bloggers threatening to sue etc. It’s pathetic. If you’re on instagram and like the goss like myself, give them a follow. It’s eye opening. Some of them are absolute chancers. 

Some of it's also not true, a girl I know got done by them but the allegations were 100% false. No convincing the page, unfollowed them then.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Some of it's also not true, a girl I know got done by them but the allegations were 100% false. No convincing the page, unfollowed them then.

What was the general jist of the story 🤔 

Some of it may be untrue but some of the stuff that’s come out is outrageous!!

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 2:16pm

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

What was the general jist of the story 🤔 

Some of it may be untrue but some of the stuff that’s come out is outrageous!!

That she had gotten hair extensions from a salon when she hadn't.

Some of it is alright, she's gotten a bit vicious for my liking though, just bullying people now. The other one, fitfam failures, has started picking on kids as well which ain't too sound.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic