You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scotland down the years

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 1:12am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Hopefully this vaccine will allow the Tartan Army to travel

2 of the games are in Hampden and the other one is in Wembley Wink

I was imagining the tournament in RussiaLOL

That's died down for the moment. Probably hear either way in Jan Feb
The positive vaccine news seems to have slowed down Eufas plan B. Still think it'll be regionlised. Think it might end up being England, Scotland and Ireland being co hosts.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 3:33am
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Scotland had some WC songs down the YearsLOL

Some people at the time thought it was downbeat and depressing but I love "Don't Come Home Too Soon".

"We Have A Dream" from 1982 is a big favourite too.

1974's "Easy, Easy" is bloody terrible but I can proudly claim to have a distant relation who not only sang on it but played for Scotland at the tournament. Approve
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 5:14am
Some amount of love from ybig towards the Scots it wasn’t that long ago they were disliked a lot on here after the way some of the Scottish fans treated Ireland fans in Glasgow in 2014! Maybe with the Scottish fans forgiven ybig might forgive Delaney for Glasgow aswell as before Glasgow they loved him.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 13 Nov 2020 at 5:14am
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 7:12am
does ybig speak in one voice.  Who coordinates ybigs opinion.  Are you ybig by posting here like everyone else.  So implicit in your post is that you have held these opinions also. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Never forget being in Santa Ponsa many moons ago, a Scottish lass took me back to here hotel room and whilst I was riding her she start neighing like a horse. I woke up the next morning and locked into her friend thinking it was her I was so drunk.

I hope she's celebrating tonight Beer
She'll be celebrating alright...with her twin irish boys.

LOLLOLLOL

It’s very app that scene is taken from the movie PORKY’s.

I believe that was Kim Cattrall big break.

Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 10:45am
Since when do we cheer on the tans? Come on Croatia.

Edited by Jackal - 13 Nov 2020 at 10:45am
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

What’s this we business.  Everyone had their own relationship with various different countries and can come to their own conclusions and preferences.  What difference does it make if someone who happens to see themselves as Irish also wants Scotland or whoever to qualify.

AKA pedantic kunt
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Every week up and down every pub in the country in normal times. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Some amount of love from ybig towards the Scots it wasn’t that long ago they were disliked a lot on here after the way some of the Scottish fans treated Ireland fans in Glasgow in 2014! Maybe with the Scottish fans forgiven ybig might forgive Delaney for Glasgow aswell as before Glasgow they loved him.
Really dislike the Jocks from that one night , hey they were no better in Lansdowne as well .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Really dislike the Jocks from that one night , hey they were no better in Lansdowne as well .

Yea personally I have bad memories from that night at Celtic Park myself, got spat on after the Maloney goal, glad they won last night though and I wouldn’t let the actions of a few idiots change that as I met some genuinely nice people over the two games too. 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Yea personally I have bad memories from that night at Celtic Park myself, got spat on after the Maloney goal, glad they won last night though and I wouldn’t let the actions of a few idiots change that as I met some genuinely nice people over the two games too. 

Unfortunately the bad memories from the away game are more prominent than the good for me. I wanted Serbia to win last night.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 1:09pm
Fortunately we had no bad experience with the Scots when there, even though we weren't in the 'away' end. Luckily we were near enough to the away section and there were plenty of other Irish fans around.

It wasn't the best trip but won't stick out in the memory and the early pub closing times as well as the long walk back from the game didn't help. Big shout to the deep fried mars bars though, they were a highlight!

I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
kevjreilly View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevjreilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 1:25pm
Delighted for the Scots. My mother is Scottish and have lots of family over there. Might pull out the 1998 World Cup Jersey if I still have it, might be a bit tight. Been meaning to head over and visit the family, might try get to a game as well if they go ahead in Hampden while I am there.
Read it 3 times before posting
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 1:35pm
Glad the Scots made it. It’s been a long time between drinks.

In the 80/90’s they made nearly every tournament so they are long overdue one.
They will/would have a massive amount travelling to the games so add to the tournament.
And like us, the large majority of the fans are sound. 

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 2:29pm
if we were to shout against teams based on the fact they have muppets supporting them we would all stop supporting Ireland. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

if we were to shout against teams based on the fact they have muppets supporting them we would all stop supporting Ireland. 

Exactly. Over the course of those two games for the Euro 2016 qualification campaign I met far, far more sound Scotland fans than not. As with any large grouping of people there's always a few bad eggs but in general found the Scots to be great craic.

Anyway congrats to them (and of course ET!) - you could tell how much it all meant by how emotional their players were when being interviewed afterwards. Was actually really nice to see.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 3:31pm
Ryan Christie couldn't hold it together after the game, just shows you the passion and how much this meant to the Scottish players, loads of clips online about the players celebrating into the early hours too.

Delighted for them.

Meanwhile, in Wembley stadium, most if not all the Irish players could be arsed singing the national anthem, no passion no pride, nothing.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Ryan Christie couldn't hold it together after the game, just shows you the passion and how much this meant to the Scottish players, loads of clips online about the players celebrating into the early hours too.

Delighted for them.

Meanwhile, in Wembley stadium, most if not all the Irish players could be arsed singing the national anthem, no passion no pride, nothing.
They were reading the subtitles and got confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic