You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9394959697 173>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 11:02am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

Some of the blame for the goal lies with the defenders not holding the line and dropping before the ball is played. A well organised defence would’ve held the line so either the Ukrainian player would be deemed offside for interfering with play or allowing Kelleher space to come out and claim it. By dropping so deep, it played the attacker on and forced Kelleher to take 2 steps back which meant he couldn’t cover the angle. Admittedly it was a great ball in but the goal was avoidable if Kelleher kept his standing position.
Otherwise, I thought his handling and positioning throughout the game was near faultless. Amazing how many goalkeeping experts there are on here now. Judging by some of the reactions, Kelleher would struggle to get a game in the LoI now.

Indeed, marginal error perhaps, no more than that and otherwise he was excellent, good handling, composure and distribution. It's like lads just have to put the boot in order to prove they are right about Bazunu, rather than just being thankful we have 3 top class young keepers.

Kelleher gets the brunt like most goalkeepers in that scenario but agreed Egan/Duffy are getting away with murder. As a keeper when you see your defenders go for the ball you expect them to clear it and not miss it/let the ball bounce like children. The more I watch it back the more pathetic it looks how long are these boys playing football. I thought I was alone in seeing this glad a few others did too. 

I think he has hit the right time to go out on loan now mind. A season of regular football would do wonders for him. Bare in mind too the lad only started playing in goal at 14/15 so that coupled with the fact he lacks the volume of gametime means he's open to oceans of improvement. 

Be very interested to see where he would go for a loan mind.

Edited by kevin100 - 09 Jun 2022 at 11:06am
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 11:13am
He'll end up out at Preston or somewhere I'd say.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 11:15am
I thought he could of done better for the goal, but the criticism has been way over the top. He done fine last night again. I'd start him again on Saturday. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 11:56am
I get the questioning of Kenny on why he started Kelleher over Travers but from what I have seen of Kelleher and Bazunu its what he wants to implement in his style of football on the team. Being honest I haven't watched Travers play much so not sure on what he's like with his feet and distribution.
The argument for Travers stands in the sense of the amount of games he has played and I'm sure he has improved a lot since his game in Serbia where he let himself down.
Typical us to have 3 very good goalkeepers at the same time...   
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 12:02pm
would either of the other two keepers have saved it impossible to tell.

He can’t come in the situation like last night it’s chaos in front of him.two of our central defenders go for the same ball.

He comes in that  situation and it gets a knick off anyone he is in no man’s land and it’s totally his fault.

He did the best with a bad situation got something on it.

Could he have done better maybe but it’s no clanger.

If these are the only types of goals he leaves in I’d be delighted with him 

Edited by Fruice - 09 Jun 2022 at 12:02pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 12:21pm
Kelleher made a mistake and is getting absolutely slaughtered over it.

Many a goal keeper have misread crosses like that and conceded a goal.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I thought he could of done better for the goal, but the criticism has been way over the top. He done fine last night again. I'd start him again on Saturday. 

So would I! I'm going to step away from this argument now, I have made my opinion clear - lots dont agree with me, but there's no point arguing in circles over it.
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Kelleher made a mistake and is getting absolutely slaughtered over it.

Many a goal keeper have misread crosses like that and conceded a goal.

The point I suppose is that, when you have the goalkeeping options that we do, there isn't a lot of room for mistakes.

Travers made one and that was it for him for over a year and counting. Bazunu came in and has been close to flawless, then got a couple of injuries. Kelleher looks to have a mistake in him and Travers has come on a long way in that year since Serbia so it doesn't really make sense to have the inexperienced Kelleher starting given the other option available.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 12:40pm
If Travers plays on Saturday and makes a mistake do we go with Talbot against the Ukraine? and keep going through these goal keepers until Bazunu comes back.

What happens if Bazunu makes a similar mistake then what?

Because this is what's happening now.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 12:42pm

If Travers plays on Saturday and makes a mistake do we go with Talbot against the Ukraine? and keep going through these goal keepers until Bazunu comes back.

What happens if Bazunu makes a similar mistake then what?

Because this is what's happening now.
Anybody know what Nicky Colgan is up to?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 12:44pm
Honestly, I’d leave aside any error and take his performances in the round. I think it would be good to give Travers a run on Saturday, simply because he has earned it this season.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 12:49pm
Kelleher has had a couple of games, hasn't looked up to much. Travers deserves a couple now too, should have been in against Armenia anyway so it's only correcting (yet another) selection error. Longer term we'll go back to Bazunu once he's fit because he's our clear number 1. It's straightforward enough.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 12:54pm
I've no issue with Travers starting on Saturday.

My point is that people on here ultimately want a scapegoat, they want to pin the blame on a particular individual or individuals as it makes them feel better.

You look through the comments on all threads and that's the common theme.

Another long term observation is that if a particular player does not play, he gets better and better as each passing game goes by, until he does play, and the goal posts move, and they move onto the next player.

And the people sitting at home watching from their armchairs are usually the more harsher with their criticism.

Edited by horsebox - 09 Jun 2022 at 12:56pm
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 12:55pm

Bad mistake, but travers had a mare against Serbia. Don’t think Kelleher is the issue
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 1:44pm

I've no issue with Travers starting on Saturday.

My point is that people on here ultimately want a scapegoat, they want to pin the blame on a particular individual or individuals as it makes them feel better.

You look through the comments on all threads and that's the common theme.

Another long term observation is that if a particular player does not play, he gets better and better as each passing game goes by, until he does play, and the goal posts move, and they move onto the next player.

And the people sitting at home watching from their armchairs are usually the more harsher with their criticism.

That is a 100% accurate reflection of ybig.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 1:46pm
If Kelleher's performances were the source/cause of our problems over the past two games, we would have very little to complain about today. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 1:47pm
Lads on twitter insisting CJ has to start now based on his short cameo last night. They didnt know the lad existed a few weeks ago and now he is elevated to some sort of savior status. I despair.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 1:53pm
Kelleher was poor last night and does need first team games. No point being over the top, he is still a good keeper but there is only one way to keep sharp. He was far from our only issue but he was badly at fault for the goal
It's not me it's you:-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9394959697 173>
  Share Topic