Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=55962
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 10:15pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Caoimhín Kelleher
Posted By: kevincronin2000
Subject: Caoimhín Kelleher
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 12:40am
Made the Liverpool matchday squad versus Everton as third choice keeper, didn't make the bench but some achievement for the 19 year old ex Ringmahon Rangers man. Great to see him included in the rep of Ireland's u21 squad too.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Replies:
Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 9:56pm
Came on for a half hour for Liverpool vs Blackburn. 

Posted By: cildaratown
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 10:00pm
Obviously a long time to progress, but there's three solid youth keepers in Corcoran, Banuzu, and Kelleher

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 10:05pm
O'Hara and Travers also look like decent prospects. Bossin has stalled a bit but he was well regarded at Anderlecht.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 11:09am
Klopp has just revealed that Adrian sustained an ankle injury during the post shoot-out celebrations on Wednesday night and is a doubt for tomorrow's game vs Southampton. Could be a great opportunity for Kelleher if he has recovered sufficiently from his own injury.

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Klopp has just revealed that Adrian sustained an ankle injury during the post shoot-out celebrations on Wednesday night and is a doubt for tomorrow's game vs Southampton. Could be a great opportunity for Kelleher if he has recovered sufficiently from his own injury.

If Adrian is definitely out that Kelleher would make the bench. 

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 11:14am
Klopp: "“We are all completely excited about him (Kelleher), a young boy with the potential he has. He’s not in 100% training, but nearly 100% for a week and a half. He has to be in training today and then we have to make a decision.”

Sounds like he's definitely in contention.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 11:15am
Ugh, bet Lonergan gets the nod.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 11:18am
Klopp on the Adrian injury: "When we were all together a supporter jumped over, was chased by some security guards, slipped and kicked his ankle. Crazy."

Kelleher's dad maybe? LOL

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 11:19am
Am fairly sure Lonergan will get the nod if Adrian is ruled out.
Kelleher should get a run out in the league cup in a few weeks. 

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 11:26am

Klopp on the Adrian injury: "When we were all together a supporter jumped over, was chased by some security guards, slipped and kicked his ankle. Crazy."

Kelleher's dad maybe? LOL

LOL

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: Left foot
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 11:28am
its been a long time since an Irish player has played for liverpool 

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 12:10pm
If Kelleher is fit surely he has to give him the nod over Lonergan?

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

He's never played a first team game. 

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

its been a long time since an Irish player has played for liverpool 

Robbie Keane probably the last. 

Posted By: JoxerDaly
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 12:40pm
Lonergan or Kelleher who ever play will be the first Irish player for Liverpool sonce Keane ?

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 12:57pm
Yes, no Irish player has appeared for Liverpool since Robbie Keane against Wigan in January 2009

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Posted By: DeclanDaly
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 12:59pm
Adrian already has one of the all time great Liverpool careers

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Won more trophies in ten days than the blues have in 20 years!

Posted By: DeclanDaly
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Won more trophies in ten days than the blues have in 20 years!

Haha *as many

Not that I’m happy about itOuch

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Posted By: David McWilliams
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 1:06pm
From what I've seen of Kelleher he's not a great keeper

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by David McWilliams David McWilliams wrote:

From what I've seen of Kelleher he's not a great keeper

Was poor in the Toulon tournament alright.

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 1:37pm

He's played the same amount of PL games as Longergan. I'd imagine Longergan was brought in with the intention of never going further than a spot on the bench - not only is he a total journeyman keeper but he's a poor one at that. If Adrian is definitely out and Kelleher is 100% he will almost certainly be starting.

I'd imagine Adrian will be passed fit tomorrow though rendering the conversation pretty moot.

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 1:39pm

He's played the same amount of PL games as Longergan. I'd imagine Longergan was brought in with the intention of never going further than a spot on the bench - not only is he a total journeyman keeper but he's a poor one at that. If Adrian is definitely out and Kelleher is 100% he will almost certainly be starting.

I'd imagine Adrian will be passed fit tomorrow though rendering the conversation pretty moot.

How many games of senior football has Lonergan played? Once you answer that, you'll understand why he will start if Adrian is ruled out. 

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Ugh, bet Lonergan gets the nod.

Ireland's Andy Lonergan Clap

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 1:59pm

How many games of senior football has Lonergan played? Once you answer that, you'll understand why he will start if Adrian is ruled out. 

Of course he is vastly more experienced - but Kelleher has been at the club for two or three seasons working with Klopp's goalkeeper coach John Achterberg. He'd be a lot more familiar with the intricacies of what Klopp wants from his keeper. If Klopp felt Kelleher was good enough to be third choice keeper at the club at the start of the season what makes you think he's changed his mind now? It would be some hammer blow to Kelleher's overall development if he was fully fit and got overlooked by an emergency signing who hasn't been able to get a regular gig at any level for the past few seasons.

Again though I reckon the drop-off from Adrian to Lonergan/Kelleher is sufficient enough for Klopp to make sure Adrian plays at all costs. He'll be bandaged up and sent out if it's even remotely possible.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:05pm
If Kellehef doesn’t start he should leave. He is being treated like sh*t.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:09pm

Of course he is vastly more experienced - but Kelleher has been at the club for two or three seasons working with Klopp's goalkeeper coach John Achterberg. He'd be a lot more familiar with the intricacies of what Klopp wants from his keeper. If Klopp felt Kelleher was good enough to be third choice keeper at the club at the start of the season what makes you think he's changed his mind now? It would be some hammer blow to Kelleher's overall development if he was fully fit and got overlooked by an emergency signing who hasn't been able to get a regular gig at any level for the past few seasons.

Again though I reckon the drop-off from Adrian to Lonergan/Kelleher is sufficient enough for Klopp to make sure Adrian plays at all costs. He'll be bandaged up and sent out if it's even remotely possible.

Klopp sees him as having a long term future at the club. Which is why he will blood him in the right way.
Expect to see him play in the league cup in a few weeks. 

Posted By: eboue16
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:18pm
Hope he starts. He's sh*te 

-------------
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:33pm
If he doesn’t start he could do worse than spend the afternoon watching the Ealing classic Kind hearts and coronets ‘ with Alec Guinness for ‘inspiration’ 

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:41pm
Lonergans distribution wouldn't be the best. As shaky as Kelleher looked at times in Toulon, his use of the ball was very good, so that might swing it in his favour.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:45pm
Agree with his distribution, thought it was his most positive attribute during the Toulon tournament.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:52pm
he's a very young lad and goalkeepers tend to have a longer shelf life than other positions.

A loan move wouldn't hurt his progress 

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 3:02pm
Was he that bad in the Toulon?? I didn't notice him doing anything particularly bad or great for that matter but he looked solid throughout.

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Yes, no Irish player has appeared for Liverpool since Robbie Keane against Wigan in January 2009
10 years ago. f**k me

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 3:56pm

Agreed 100%

Judging him on the Toulon tournament alone is unfair and harsh. Is highly rated at Liverpool and that tournament came straight after the Champions League win with no real prep for him beforehand.

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Posted By: Jimmy Raggatip
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

isn't he recovering from an injury? no wonder Klopp doesn't want to risk him. He's got 20 years ahead of him rather than rush him and ruin his career

Posted By: BippityBoop
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 4:43pm
This is probably the first time I'd admit that I'd be a bit nervous about Kelleher starting this weekend. It's such a high risk / high reward situation he has found himself in.

If a striker or a midfielder has a really bad game on their debut then it's easier to brush aside, but a few howlers from a goalkeeper in a high stakes game (as is every league game for liverpool this season if they are to win the league) can absolutely destroy a keepers image/career/self confidence (a la Karius in the champions league final). 

That being said, it could obviously go the opposite way - it could do wonders for him if he plays well.

I would have personally preferred if he started their domestic cup games for a bit of senior experience first with less risk associated to it.

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

isn't he recovering from an injury? no wonder Klopp doesn't want to risk him. He's got 20 years ahead of him rather than rush him and ruin his career
Nonsense! If he is good enough he is old enough.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 4:51pm
Adrian will probably be fit, according to BBC

Posted By: Hans Moleman
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 4:53pm
You're on fire lately PM Clap

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Adrian will probably be fit, according to BBC

As mentioned, he'll be heavily strapped up and play short of full fitness I'd imagine. Klopp definitely won't throw Kelleher in unless it's a drastic situation. Way too much pressure for his first Liverpool start.

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 5:26pm
Great news lads, Kelleher has finally been added to fantasy football. It's now possible for the first time in ages (maybe even ever?) to have a full squad of only Irish players!

Posted By: You Tell Me
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by BippityBoop BippityBoop wrote:

Great news lads, Kelleher has finally been added to fantasy football. It's now possible for the first time in ages (maybe even ever?) to have a full squad of only Irish players!

Official confirmation that we're back in the big time... 

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

I have to confess I have enjoyed myself more on here in the last couple of days,  I am glad it is coming across!

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 5:57pm

I have to confess I have enjoyed myself more on here in the last couple of days,  I am glad it is coming across!

Every move you make is like a beautiful, crafty chess move. It is intriguing to watch LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 6:34pm

Every move you make is like a beautiful, crafty chess move. It is intriguing to watch LOL
The only crafty thing I have these days is a wank!LOL

-------------

Posted By: gazurtoids
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 8:44pm
Be interesting to see him start if for nothing else how the English butcher his name

Posted By: planning
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 8:41am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Kelleher has played for the first team before. Albeit two pre-season friendlies against both Manchester clubs last season, and albeit 45 minutes each, but he impressed, and only conceded once, and has more first team action than Lonergan. 

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 12:55pm
I meant in a competitive game, league, cup or European. Think Cleary and O'Hanlon both appeared for Liverpool in preseason games

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 3:02pm
Doesn't start for Liverpool. Doesn't even make the bench.

Posted By: You Tell Me
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by BippityBoop BippityBoop wrote:

Doesn't start for Liverpool. Doesn't even make the bench.

Hasn't even made the bench for QPR either. Tough going for the lad. Smile

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 9:31am
Made his comeback from injury last night as he lined out for Liverpool u23's v Chelsea. Made a couple of fine saves too despite loosing 3-0

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 8:43pm
He will play on Wed.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 7:36pm

Starts v MK Dons

Yer man Pete Winkelman on sky now reminds me of this fella

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 8:23pm
Seems very nervy.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 8:37pm
Few shaky moments alright

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 9:18pm
Seems too casual and flat footed to me.  Needs to get on his toes and look a bit sharpish.

-------------

Posted By: trapscat
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 9:19pm
some save. 

Posted By: Ernie Lynch
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 10:20pm
How did he play?

Posted By: Banjaxed
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 10:22pm
Decent performance, but there's that uncomfortable feeling that he has a clanger in him. 

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 11:35pm
Certain parts of his game do seem very good; his distribution, starting position, and handling are all very solid. There's definitely an air of nervousness/lack of authority to his game as well though, hopefully that will improve with experience.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 8:57am
I wonder will he start the Chelsea game?

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 9:25am
Surely a loan move would have been better for him? A famous goalkeeper who posted on here had relegated Shamrock Rovers at his age.

-------------

Posted By: ****
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 9:33am

Posted By: ****
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 9:34am

Surely a loan move would have been better for him? A famous goalkeeper who posted on here had relegated Shamrock Rovers at his age.

This guy sounds like a hero to me. What was his name? 

Regards 

Dermot Keely

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 9:55am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

did they not just play Chelsea?

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 9:57am
In the next round of the league cup he means, they drew Chelsea

I'd say he will. Klopp doesn't seem that bothered about the domestic cups.
Can't see him starting a league game. Adrian has done OK despite a few kicking errors

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 9:59am
Thought they got Arsenal?

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 10:02am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Thought they got Arsenal?

You're totally right actually

Chelsea got United and Liverpool home to Arsenal
I assume Horsey made the same mistake as me

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 10:06am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

did they not just play Chelsea?

I'm talking about in the next round of the League Cup.
Liverpool v Chelsea in the next round.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 10:10am
Its Arsenal

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 10:16am
jaysusLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 10:34am

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: planning
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 3:44pm

Can't see him starting a league game. Adrian has done OK despite a few kicking errors

He won't play. By then Alisson will be back in goal, and Adrian will be the domestic cup goalkeeper. 

I doubt we'll see Kelleher play for the first team again. 

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

He won't play. By then Alisson will be back in goal, and Adrian will be the domestic cup goalkeeper. 

I doubt we'll see Kelleher play for the first team again. 

Unfortunately I think this may well be the case. 

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 12:08am
Should just hang up his boots and call it a day

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 5:16am
Even if Kelleher don't play again this season, I'd imagine Adrian will go in search of first team football again next season leaving Caoimh as Liverpools permanent number two goalkeeper for the 20/21 season. This is where he gets the opportunity to get the experience to go in search of being a first choice goalkeeper for the following season. Hopefully he has learned his lesson and dosnt be falling of mopeds before pre season starts as his pre season wrist injury has cost him a season in his own development. 

-------------

Posted By: cildaratown
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 5:44am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Even if Kelleher don't play again this season, I'd imagine Adrian will go in search of first team football again next season leaving Caoimh as Liverpools permanent number two goalkeeper for the 20/21 season. This is where he gets the opportunity to get the experience to go in search of being a first choice goalkeeper for the following season. Hopefully he has learned his lesson and dosnt be falling of mopeds before pre season starts as his pre season wrist injury has cost him a season in his own development. 

More likely would be Adrian leaves and Liverpool get another backup. He really should go out on loan or move to another club. I don't think Pool will ever give him a starting role unless he proves himself elsewhere. But he's probably living a great life being apart of a CL winning squad. 

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 7:26am
Worth remembering that Liverpool also have Grabara, who is rated, and who is getting first team football this season which will help his development so I'd think a loan move eventually would be best for Kelleher.

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 11:24am
Kelleher is 21 in November, he needs to get out on loan and play week in week out.

Playing 30 or 40 games for a League 1 club or a middle of the road SPL club would be far better for his development than sitting on the bench for Liverpool.

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 11:31am
You think of the Joe Hart’s of the world who built on their reputation while on loan. it can be a good move.

I also don’t believe if Adrian left that would automatically promote CK.

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 11:40am
There is absolutely no way that Liverpool would have Kellegher at number 2.

He's nowhere near the standard yet - Adrian has done an excellent job covering for Alisson.

Klopp saying in the presser that if he didn't have Adrian - he's still play an injured Alisson! tongue cheek comment none the less.

Kellegher needs to go out on loan and prove himself.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 11:44am
O'Hara is number 1 at Burton now (granted he's 23) but still after playing last season at Macclesfield he's after moving up a division so his career is definitely on the up.

I have no doubt Kelleher and Travers would find decent clubs to aid their development if they seeked an opportunity to go out on loan.

It'll be interesting certainly come next summer as to what will happen.

Posted By: amccarten313
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 3:19pm
Agree that loan either second half of this season or full season next year is the next step for him to prove himself. Delighted he’s been involved w Liverpool first team though and got the debut and played pretty well. Adrian’s contract is until end of 20/21 season, id rather see kelleher go on loan next year to a championship or SPL level club than sit on the bench and play the odd cup game

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 8:51am
He will start tonight against Arsenal.

This will be a good test for him.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 9:31am

He will start tonight against Arsenal.

This will be a good test for him.
Good to see him getting a chance in a meaningful game.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: mully_85
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 7:59pm
could he do anything about the first 2 goals?? just tuned in ere

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

First was off side but parried it straight to the striker. 
The second he should have saved.

First one not great from him. Second one is awful. Not sure what he's trying to do with the second one.

-------------

Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

Not really. Be harsh to say yes but I have commented on him in the Liverpool thread.  Not convinced by him. He would be a continetal type keeper. Able to sray it around with his feet. Can stop a shot but not commanding at all and takes up poor body positions I think.

He could do with hitting the gym big time as well.

-------------

Posted By: aviva8
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 8:02pm
Not for the first anyway,  made Good save and lad scored from tbe rebound in an offside position. didn't see the second

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 8:03pm

First one not great from him. Second one is awful. Not sure what he's trying to do with the second one.

Agree. 

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 8:06pm
No idea what he was doing for the second goal, very poor error on his part.

Badly needs to get a loan move soon imo, being a goalkeeper and not playing week in week out is harder than any other position to step into when you haven't been playing consistently.

30 games at someone like Oldham or Newport etc or wherever would do him the world of good.

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 8:08pm
he seems to have a very unique body language in goal. If that makes sense LOL

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Nothing he can do about that one.

defence went walk about for the third. Acres of room to fire on goal. Not his fault.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

No idea what he was doing for the second goal, very poor error on his part.

Badly needs to get a loan move soon imo, being a goalkeeper and not playing week in week out is harder than any other position to step into when you haven't been playing consistently.

30 games at someone like Oldham or Newport etc or wherever would do him the world of good.

Needs toughening up too.  Again there he has his knees pinched in and his arms down. Very unathletic pose. Doesn't look ready to move.

-------------

Posted By: aviva8
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 8:13pm
What could he have done with first goal?

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 8:14pm
push it to the side

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net