You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 173>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

What does SC92 stand for?

It's just initials and a year. I'm uncreative at coming up with forum names.

Thought so
Sponsored Links

SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:08pm
I can admit I'm being harsh on him I'm in a bad mood due to the loss and thought the lineup was poor for several reasons. I'm not a particular Kenny out but the Kelleher choice winds me up we can do better than pick a no2 what's the incentive to get out and get real experience when we reward mediocrity.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:13pm
The goal cannot be blamed on Kelleher. No-one would have stopped that one.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

The would he wouldn't he discussion on whether someone else would have gotten to it is pointless. The only thing for sure we can say is close the man down and the f**king shot doesn't happen.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:18pm

I can admit I'm being harsh on him I'm in a bad mood due to the loss and thought the lineup was poor for several reasons. I'm not a particular Kenny out but the Kelleher choice winds me up we can do better than pick a no2 what's the incentive to get out and get real experience when we reward mediocrity.

Winning a trophy for Liverpool by beating teams like Chelsea, Arsenal & Leicester is "mediocrity"? Wow.

Today was Duffy's 6th start since early December, 1st game since the Belgium game in March.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

The would he wouldn't he discussion on whether someone else would have gotten to it is pointless. The only thing for sure we can say is close the man down and the f**king shot doesn't happen.

Maybe about the goal but it’s not the only thing we can say about selecting the goalie is it? 

As I’ve said, international goalies should be playing week in week out regardless of level. This lad has played a handful of matches this year, shouldn’t be learning his trade in first team for Ireland - do it at club level first.
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Winning a trophy for Liverpool by beating teams like Chelsea, Arsenal & Leicester is "mediocrity"? Wow.

Today was Duffy's 6th start since early December, 1st game since the Belgium game in March.

Edited by SC92 - 04 Jun 2022 at 5:36pm
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:30pm
He didnt do anything wrong today but I'm never going to be on board with picking a sub keeper over two lads starting every week.

Especially when the other two certainly wouldnt do any worse if they had to be wheeled out in the Carabao Cup a few times a year, like Kelleher is.

Travers is first choice in the Premier League next season, we need to move on from his error v Serbia he has developed tons since.
Bazunu will be first choice at Southampton in the Premier League or in the Championship on loan.

Kelleher shouldnt be picked until he is playing regularly.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

I'm not saying Duffy should be starting either. The only player that we can't drop is probably Hendrick as he is best of a bad bunch in CM.

Kelleher is goalie for a team that dominates possession and has world class CBs he is not overly taxed when he plays, not saying he isn't a talented player but he won't fuful potential getting pressure sores on the bench. Klopp didn't even let him play the fa cup games which says a lot that it was too much of a risk to trust him. Kelleher playing at all for Ireland is ridiculous when he's played so little, bad decision from Kenny and must be so frustrating for Travers as he has gone to ghe effort of playing a full season and been one of the best goalkeepers in the championship and was a massive reason they got promoted and he gets shunted aside for a no2.

Edited by SC92 - 04 Jun 2022 at 5:36pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Maybe about the goal but it’s not the only thing we can say about selecting the goalie is it? 

As I’ve said, international goalies should be playing week in week out regardless of level. This lad has played a handful of matches this year, shouldn’t be learning his trade in first team for Ireland - do it at club level first.

I agree, and E2016s post sums up my feelings on the issue.

Edited by J89 - 04 Jun 2022 at 5:58pm
Emmet View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 6:48pm
The one big point that noone seems to acknowledge is that Bazuna and Kelleher are both contracted to two of the best club sides in the world ... yet only one of them is trusted by their club manager to play for the first team. We saw City's backup goalkeeper in the semi-final of the FA Cup and he was shocking ... it worries me that Guardiola sees him (can't remember his name) as being a better option than Bazuna. Klopp will play Kelleher in the big games if he needs him - Guardiola probably wouldn't know Bazuna if he passed him in the street!

Edited by Emmet - 04 Jun 2022 at 6:49pm
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 6:53pm
Baz wasn't fit he said it before the game non Issue 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 7:04pm
Find it utterly bizarre that this topic is even active today tbh. Did nothing wrong. Bazunu was injured and Kelleher is a better keeper than Travers. If he'd done something to indicate that his lack of activity was in some way responsible for this loss then I could understand it but there's far more things people could take issue with after that. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Emmet Emmet wrote:

The one big point that noone seems to acknowledge is that Bazuna and Kelleher are both contracted to two of the best club sides in the world ... yet only one of them is trusted by their club manager to play for the first team. We saw City's backup goalkeeper in the semi-final of the FA Cup and he was shocking ... it worries me that Guardiola sees him (can't remember his name) as being a better option than Bazuna. Klopp will play Kelleher in the big games if he needs him - Guardiola probably wouldn't know Bazuna if he passed him in the street!

I wouldn’t recognise Bazuna either
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Find it utterly bizarre that this topic is even active today tbh. Did nothing wrong. Bazunu was injured and Kelleher is a better keeper than Travers. If he'd done something to indicate that his lack of activity was in some way responsible for this loss then I could understand it but there's far more things people could take issue with after that. 

I find it utterly bizarre that you've concluded Kelleher is better than Travers based on a few appearances in the Coca Cola Cup whilst Travers is performing heroics week in week out at a now Premier League side.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 10:22pm
I expect planning to be on here in the coming days to give his thoughts and a number of posters are in absolutely no position to be ridiculing him ever again after some of the comments here about Kelleher after today's game.

Embarrassing of all the players today the least of our issues and no keeper was saving that shot. 
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 12:43am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I expect planning to be on here in the coming days to give his thoughts and a number of posters are in absolutely no position to be ridiculing him ever again after some of the comments here about Kelleher after today's game.

Embarrassing of all the players today the least of our issues and no keeper was saving that shot. 

The prevailing sentiment has been that he wasnt the problem today, but having a goalkeeper start when he doesnt start for his club and the others do is a bad move.

I have no idea what you are having a hissy fit about. None of that is unreasonable.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 8:29am
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

The prevailing sentiment has been that he wasnt the problem today, but having a goalkeeper start when he doesnt start for his club and the others do is a bad move.

I have no idea what you are having a hissy fit about. None of that is unreasonable.

Hissy fit? My god.

Anyways on the Kelleher over Travers issue simply Kellehers superior ball playing ability would be a factor and the fact that Travers opening game against Serbia was a disaster. Not that I think for a second myself Travers would let us down if he played yesterday. The Serbia game was stage fright he's a different animal now.

It's all fairly logical really if you think about it in those terms why Kelleher would play. Also he is back up to one of the top 3/4 teams in club football and played a massive part in them winning thier first domestic cup as a group. It's not Accrington Stanley we are talking about. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 173>
  Share Topic