Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 174>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 10:49pm
Liverpool withdrawing from the competition unless a deal can be done to reschedule their QF fixture as it clashes with the FIFA Club WC
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by BippityBoop BippityBoop wrote:

For people interested, here are all the goals Liverpool conceded tonight:

Goal 1: https://streamja.com/19er (looks unlucky - did well initially to make a reaction save)
Goal 2: https://streamvi.com/watch.php?video=1572465392 (at fault for that one)
Goal 3: https://streamja.com/Nm1a (not much he could have done - sloppy defending)
Goal 4: https://streamja.com/GJ1B (yes its a poor passback from Milner, but what was Caoimhin doing so far back on his line?)
Goal 5: https://streamja.com/0z3k (not much he could have done with that one tbh)

Full penalty shootout: https://streamja.com/2vXb

BBC live commentary mentioned that he actually made a number of decent saves, but just got unlucky on a number of occasions with the rebounds etc.

Also worth noting, Klopp came out and said "Kelleher is an outstanding talent" (not like he would say any differently mind you).

*Edited my thoughts on the goals

Lovely stuff bippityboop, nice analysis 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Liverpool withdrawing from the competition unless a deal can be done to reschedule their QF fixture as it clashes with the FIFA Club WC

They didn’t even want to win tonight and still beat Arsenal 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 10:57pm
CK the new Packie! Saves when it matters!

Usually means nothing to me, but kellegher doing well is good!!

Good for you!
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 11:13pm
Just watched the highlights, think people are being overly critical of his performance. Arsenal’s keeper was a lot poorer than Kelleher.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Just watched the highlights, think people are being overly critical of his performance. Arsenal’s keeper was a lot poorer than Kelleher.
Agree
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 12:50am

Yes, he was palming away shots and being unlucky with who they fell to. Looks like it was a crazy and very open game.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 1:34am
Great to see him have his moment in the shootout Clap agree with the comments about going on loan. Hopefully next season he will go out to a league 1 or 2 side for the full season. Could be the making of him.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 7:40am
He still has a lot of developing to do based on that performance (and what I've seen of him while playing for the 21s aswel to be fair). Still great exposure at his age. Agree that a loan move next season for him is crucial 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 9:43am
Few been very harsh on him considering he's only played a handful of games and, as was pointed out above, he was playing behind a very makeshift and young defence. The first was a reaction save so he's just unlucky where it lands. The second he should've done better. The 4th, someone above asked why he was standing so far back....are you serious? He's waiting on the backpass! Where did you want him to stand, beside Milner?! Not his fault it was underhit. No chance with the 3rd or 5th which was a serious strike in fairness. 

He does need to bulk up a bit alright but judging him after a few league cup games at his age is harsh. Klopp wouldn't have him there if he didnt think he was good enough. 

Edited by Croftman - 31 Oct 2019 at 9:44am
Some people just deserve a slap
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 1:16pm

He's always going to get more of the focus because he's around the fringes of our squad.

He was definitely at fault for the first 2 goals. Should have parried the first to the other side, and had an absolute brain fart for the 2nd. Felt he should have moved his feet a bit quicker for Willock's goal but wouldnt exactly fault him for it, he may not have saved it even if he had moved his feet quicker.

Hopefully the peno save builds the confidence back up. He is physically under-developed as others have mentioned. Needs a spell outside of Anfield.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 1:35pm
On rewatching, he wasn't at fault for the first goal, yes he doesn't get the ball fully away but it was powerful and low, he did well to stop it and his defense should have taken over from there. The second he is more at fault, but even that isn't an atrocious error, the ball broke and he reacted to it, with more confidence he would have just taken it cleanly but he seemed to panic a bit and parry it. Overall, not a great performance but perhaps not as bad as was originally thought either.
We're decent enough..
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 1:49pm
Hope Hourihane smashes a hat trick past him next round, should it be played Smile
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Yes, he was palming away shots and being unlucky with who they fell to. Looks like it was a crazy and very open game.

When you're playing at the highest level that doesn't come into play though really? 

I mean every mistake you make playing against top teams will be punished as he rightly found out last night.

In regard to Milner's back pass, I would suspect most if not all keepers playing at a decent level are coached and told to stand on the 6 yard box and become somewhat of a sweeper keeper when the ball is play.

He was at fault for the second goal definitely and while Milner should take most of the blame for the goal that came off from his back pass, Kelleher needs to learn to start higher positional wise. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

When you're playing at the highest level that doesn't come into play though really? 

I mean every mistake you make playing against top teams will be punished as he rightly found out last night.

In regard to Milner's back pass, I would suspect most if not all keepers playing at a decent level are coached and told to stand on the 6 yard box and become somewhat of a sweeper keeper when the ball is play.

He was at fault for the second goal definitely and while Milner should take most of the blame for the goal that came off from his back pass, Kelleher needs to learn to start higher positional wise. 

My thoughts exactly on the fourth goal. Milner is to blame here but I think Kellehers positioning could have been better. I usually don't watch a goal keeper as much as I did last night so perhaps my view is distorted a bit.

Also, does anyone else not think that Kelleher could have easily been sent off on the fourth goal if Maitland-Niles had decided to go down when Kelleher came charging out? I've not seen another angle other than this one (https://streamja.com/GJ1B) but he seemed to give it a fair bit of welly trying to kick the ball.

I'm in agreement with others that mentioned it here, he obviously would benefit greatly from going out on loan.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 2:33pm
Yeah there's a good few parts of the modern game regarding goalkeepers that can go unnoticed if you're not focusing too much on them.

When the ball is in play, you're on the 6 yard box anticipating the ball either coming back to you from a defender or a long ball from the opposition being played over the top. Then when taking a short kick out, you follow the direction of your pass to the centre back and be at an angle to receive the ball back as an option etc

All these things can be easily coached/worked on and I'm sure over time Kelleher will iron out them out, yesterday was far better for his development than standing in goal and beating Oldham 5-0 without facing any shots or whatever.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 1:36am
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 1:51am
Originally posted by PaddyDaCulchie PaddyDaCulchie wrote:

He is being linked with a January loan to Preston

Daily star is typically sh*te but not sure why they’d make up rumors about Pool’s third string keeper to a Championship side just for clicks. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 174>
  Share Topic