Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 174>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Your consistency on praising Kelleher while having a dig at Bazunu in nearly every post is bizarre. Would really love to know what issues you have with Bazunu as it comes across quite personal.

Everyone can see how talented Kelleher is and I'm sure we all want everyone of our keepers to excel, apart from you. Wether you're taking the piss or not, you do seem to have something against him. 

I have nothing personal against him. I have an issue with us playing a L1 keeper, when there are alternative options playing at a higher level than him, who face better quality opponents on a more regular basis. While that is the case, Bazunu's undisputed place in this team will still be questioned by me, in a thread such as this. 
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 9:54pm
I don’t think Planning’s position is unreasonable. On paper, there are options playing in a higher league. But, Bazunu has done very well since taking control of the position. Travers paid for the night in Belgrade, while Kelleher was just unfortunate enough to be injured at the time that the job was up for grabs.

It’s an outcome of circumstance, but there is no reason to drop Bazunu for “on paper” reasons. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Your consistency on praising Kelleher while having a dig at Bazunu in nearly every post is bizarre. Would really love to know what issues you have with Bazunu as it comes across quite personal.

Everyone can see how talented Kelleher is and I'm sure we all want everyone of our keepers to excel, apart from you. Wether you're taking the piss or not, you do seem to have something against him. 

I have nothing personal against him. I have an issue with us playing a L1 keeper, when there are alternative options playing at a higher level than him, who face better quality opponents on a more regular basis. While that is the case, Bazunu's undisputed place in this team will still be questioned by me, in a thread such as this. 

So if Bazunu was to be recalled by City and played a few cup games in the season, you would be happy with him as no.1 ahead of Kelleher?

He's been fantastic for us, give it a rest. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 10:37pm
If Bazunu saves a shot in the forest and nobody is there to applaud did it really happen?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
geansaĂ­ View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geansaĂ­ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

If Bazunu saves a shot in the forest and nobody is there to applaud did it really happen?

Forest are in the championship so never happened Big smile
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 3:39am

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Grand. The goal was a point blank finish, nothing he could do about it. Bradley was easily beaten on the right and he got no protection from his centre backs.

He's a really solid keeper, just a shame we don't see more of him.

He's played 3 of Liverpool's last 4 games. If you're still not convinced, you probably will never be. 

At least he learned how it feels to concede goals at home to L1 opposition. Unstoppable goals they may be, but not enough to lose the game. Other than that, he excelled when called upon again. 

Bazunu doesn't play for Liverpool 

Edited by Artie Ziff - 12 Jan 2022 at 3:40am
It would damage this forums' reputation
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Grand. The goal was a point blank finish, nothing he could do about it. Bradley was easily beaten on the right and he got no protection from his centre backs.

He's a really solid keeper, just a shame we don't see more of him.

He's played 3 of Liverpool's last 4 games. If you're still not convinced, you probably will never be. 

At least he learned how it feels to concede goals at home to L1 opposition. Unstoppable goals they may be, but not enough to lose the game. Other than that, he excelled when called upon again. 

Bazunu doesn't play for Liverpool 

Unfortunately nor does Kelleher, for the most part.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 6:26pm
Not to speak too soon touchwood he plays tomorrow night too but Kellehers stock has taken a big rise in the last few weeks. 

Will be interesting to see who we play in the March friendlies and will Kelleher get a runout. Some might argue Travers deserves a runout and they wouldn't be barmy either. God it's going to be some craic in the next few years debating this.

Bazunu/Kelleher would be the two best at passing the ball out Id question Travers ability to do it as effectively as the two above. That's the only thing I'd slightly mark him down for relative to the two boys. 

Kelleher is definitely the best of them on the ball.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 12:20am
Talk is Alisson is starting tomorrow

Edited by Bandwagon - 13 Jan 2022 at 12:20am
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Talk is Alisson is starting tomorrow

I like the way Klopp's goalkeepers play
Against Arsenal in front of the Anfield crowd
And I wanna train with Bazunu in the desert tonight
With a billion stars all around.

'Cause I'm a peaceful easy Caoimhin.
And I know Klopp won't let me down
'Cause I'm already arriving at the ground.

And I found out a long time ago
What a manager can do to your soul.
Oh, Kenny can't play you anyway,
You don't already know how to go.

And I'm a peaceful easy Caoimhin.
'Cause I'm already arriving at the ground.

I get this feeling I may know Bazunu
As a goalkeeper and a friend.
But this voice keeps whispering in my other ear,
Tells me I may never play you again.

'Cause I'm a peaceful easy Caoimhin.
'Cause I'm already arriving
I'm already arriving
Yes, I'm already arriving at the ground

Peaceful Easy Caoimhin by The Caoigles
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 1:04am
I will see you and raise you Roy Chubby Brown

Sally called when she got the word
And she said, "I suppose you've heard... about Alisson?"
When I rushed to the window and I looked outside
And I could hardly believe my eyes
As a big limousine rolled up, into Alissons drive
Oh, I don't know when he's leaving
Or where he's gonna go
I guess Klopp's got his reasons
But I just don't want to know
'Cause for 24 years
I've been sittin' on the bench for Alisson
24 years just waiting for a chance
To tell Klopp how I feel, and maybe get a second glance
Now I've got to get used to sitting on the bench for Alisson

Alisson! Alisson! Who the fook is Alisson?!
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 6:33pm
Kelleher dropped for semi final after starting all other games in the comp (?). Disappointing for him. I'd be following Shay Givens advice and looking to get a loan out of Liverpool this this month. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Kelleher dropped for semi final after starting all other games in the comp (?). Disappointing for him. I'd be following Shay Givens advice and looking to get a loan out of Liverpool this this month. 

As mentioned above he hasnt been "dropped" - Allison has not played in weeks so needs the game time ahead of the PL game at the weekend. Kelleher will be back in goal next week for the second leg. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

As mentioned above he hasnt been "dropped" - Allison has not played in weeks so needs the game time ahead of the PL game at the weekend. Kelleher will be back in goal next week for the second leg. 

So, dropped then. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 7:34pm
That's like that Kenny's Kids twitter account;

"Kelleher makes the bench"

Eh no, he's been dropped.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 7:35pm
They’ve Brentford at home this weekend FFS! Kelleher is 100% dropped. He should get out of there ASAP. His manager doesn’t trust him. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

They’ve Brentford at home this weekend FFS! Kelleher is 100% dropped. He should get out of there ASAP. His manager doesn’t trust him. 

Some amount of wind up merchants on here these days. 
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Where does it say he'll be back in next week?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 174>
  Share Topic