You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 173>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

If Randolph wants to keep going with international football he may look to get a loan in Jan. A lot could happen before then.

I suspect Randolph signed for West ham for a final contract payday knowing that he would be playing second choice to fabianski.

A sub keeper in the Premier League will likely get paid more than a starting keeper in the championship 
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 10:45pm
Essentially the reason and good luck to him. Mind he was only 32 at the time not 37. Interesting to see will he go out on loan. 

It will be seen as the “ballsy call” to play Kelleher but I thought Kenny talking about Kellehers loan move to Holland being called off screamed to me like he wanted him out playing to be able to pick him. 

Hopefully Kelleher gets another 2 games at least with Alisson out injured. Kelleher is the sort of keeper that completely changes the dimension as to how Kenny wants to play. 
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by theworm2345 theworm2345 wrote:

Flipped over at half time from FAI Cup final and saw this

Wow I didn’t even notice when I saw this earlier. Just saw it online now. Idiots.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

nice story published today in The Athletic about him.
He became a goalkeeper at 14 years of age, having been a striker, one of the best strikers in his age group in Cork apparently. 
Only switched to being a keeper when his team’s keeper decided to quit the team, and Kelleher’s dad called the coach and said why not try Caoimhin in goals. His dad claims he would never have made the call if the other keeper hadn’t quit.

From what I've seen of him, he can accurately kick a ball, like a good outfield player.
Excellent prospect for us and Liverpool. However, he's unlikely to shift Alisson when he returns. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by theworm2345 theworm2345 wrote:

Flipped over at half time from FAI Cup final and saw this

Wow I didn’t even notice when I saw this earlier. Just saw it online now. Idiots.

It was corrected at HT cause he had a new jersey with the correct spelling in the 2nd half.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 6:58am
Did well again. Consistency will be his biggest issue for now, same as any young player. His save from the chip was excellent, a lot of keepers make the mistake of not moving their feet quick enough but he got that one spot on.

It's been an encouraging week from him. A loan move would be ideal.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 10:10am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Did well again. Consistency will be his biggest issue for now, same as any young player. His save from the chip was excellent, a lot of keepers make the mistake of not moving their feet quick enough but he got that one spot on.

It's been an encouraging week from him. A loan move would be ideal.

He seems to be far more suited to Liverpool's style of play than Adrian which may go against him in terms of a loan move. He's been really good over the last two games it must be said - looks like a seasoned pro out there and being no. 2 at a club as big as Liverpool isn't the worst place to be for a 22 year old. Can't see him going anywhere in Jan but possibly a loan move to a Championship club or the likes next season would be good for his development.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 10:24am
He was scheduled to go out on loan to Holland but that fell through due to Alissons injury.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 11:51am
I saw him play the Ajax game. judging by most comments I'd read about Kelleher in this thread prior to the Ajax game it didn't sound all that positive. And now we have people thinking he should replace Randolph in March Shocked
It would damage this forums' reputation
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I saw him play the Ajax game. judging by most comments I'd read about Kelleher in this thread prior to the Ajax game it didn't sound all that positive. And now we have people thinking he should replace Randolph in March Shocked

That's it in a nutshell! People were writing him off already, despite him not doing much wrong to date. At 22, he's in a very good place at the moment and should stay on as no. 2 for the rest of the season at least, especially with Alisson's injury problems. There's a reason Klopp rates him so highly.

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 07 Dec 2020 at 12:12pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 12:17pm

The general consensus was good luck to Kelleher but don’t get your hopes up too much and Bazunu is by far the better prospect.  

I genuinely do think Bazunu is still our best goalkeeping prospect that’s not to say Kelleher can’t be a top class goalkeeper himself. 
Kellehers distribution is so good that really if he can do the goalkeeping basics effectively he really should play at a very high level by default. 

Kenny wants to play out from the back etc so really he should consider playing Kelleher going forward as he offers that dimension/quality that Randolph doesn’t offer and most importantly he’s now proven he can be competent and relaxed in high pressure games.
Not that Randolphs passing is terrible it isn’t but Kellehers is elite even at this relatively early stage of his career.

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 12:28pm

It's been a brilliant week for him. It's early days in his senior career but those two games will have done him and his profile the world of good. 
It's obviously difficult to predict Alissons fitness over the coming year but you would hope that Kelleher can get out on loan in January assuming that Alisson will likely be back in the team. 
The game changer is that there should be a number of decent clubs happy to take Kelleher if he is made available.  
El Puto Amo
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 12:30pm

Yeah i was of the impression that he was extremely ropey myself but that was based on some of the hammerings they took in cups with him in goal. Was it against Arsenal last year when he could have done better for a few goals? He also looked far too wirey and didnt give the impression that he was commanding enough to be a keeper. 

Early days but more than happy to be proved wrong. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 12:33pm
Thing is with Alisson he’s picking up quite a few injuries for a keeper in recent years especially a young goalkeeper. Has already missed 3 League games this year and I think only played 29 last year.

With Cup games on top of it as No.2 Kelleher could find himself playing 15 games a season by default if Alisson keeps picking up niggly injuries.

With the CV he’s building up for sure he could get a decent loan move if Liverpool want that but as someone who generally screams loan move for a young player like that I think Kelleher should take the chance of staying as No.2 this year and next year for sure.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Yeah i was of the impression that he was extremely ropey myself but that was based on some of the hammerings they took in cups with him in goal. Was it against Arsenal last year when he could have done better for a few goals? He also looked far too wirey and didnt give the impression that he was commanding enough to be a keeper. 

Early days but more than happy to be proved wrong. 

In fairness he has looked like a totally different player over these last two games compared to his earlier outings. He's now looking like the player Klopp has been telling everyone he is for the last couple of seasons.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Thing is with Alisson he’s picking up quite a few injuries for a keeper in recent years especially a young goalkeeper. Has already missed 3 League games this year and I think only played 29 last year.

With Cup games on top of it as No.2 Kelleher could find himself playing 15 games a season by default if Alisson keeps picking up niggly injuries.

With the CV he’s building up for sure he could get a decent loan move if Liverpool want that but as someone who generally screams loan move for a young player like that I think Kelleher should take the chance of staying as No.2 this year and next year for sure.

Adrian played 18 games last season.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Adrian played 18 games last season.

That adds up given the info above and Adrian has played 5 already this year. Throw in Kellehers 2 and that would be 7 already as a theoretical No.2 this year. Tells you the sort of gametime he might expect especially if Alisson keeps picking up niggly injuries.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 3:02pm
Serious question how do you get called your first name in football? Do you have to have a Brazilian passport? He is replacing Bekker while he is out injured
It would damage this forums' reputation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 173>
  Share Topic