You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 173>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2023 at 3:50pm
As Liverpool's transfer business has progressed this summer, there might be a need to keep a club-trained home grown player around to meet the regulations. 
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2023 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

As Liverpool's transfer business has progressed this summer, there might be a need to keep a club-trained home grown player around to meet the regulations. 

Don't think he leaves either until they find a suitable back up for Allison

Edited by J89 - 07 Jul 2023 at 4:12pm
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2023 at 4:29pm
Adrian has signed for another season but on understanding he is third choice. They have let Liam Hughes go but have three or four other good young goalkeepers. Kelleher may have difficulty getting away, presuming he wants to of course.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2023 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

25million is a high price, but you'd think a 10-15million fee with another 10million on add on fee, once he reached 100 senior games would tempt some teams. 

On one side I think paying even £10-15m plus add-ons for a player who has played as little football as Kelleher is crazy, but on the other hand Southampton - now in the Championship - are apparently about to splash out £9m on a lad who has only played about 25 minutes of league football for Man City, so who knows?

Goalkeeper is one position you don't want to get wrong though, which is maybe why teams are hesitating on Kelleher. We haven't seen enough of him to know for sure how good he is and of what we have seen there does look to be some clear weaknesses there.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2023 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

25million is a high price, but you'd think a 10-15million fee with another 10million on add on fee, once he reached 100 senior games would tempt some teams. 

On one side I think paying even £10-15m plus add-ons for a player who has played as little football as Kelleher is crazy, but on the other hand Southampton - now in the Championship - are apparently about to splash out £9m on a lad who has only played about 25 minutes of league football for Man City, so who knows?
Has to be some form of money laundering. They're signing way too many Man City academy lads for it to be genuine. Granted, they're probably almost guaranteed a profit in most cases.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2023 at 7:14pm
I think there may be a buy back option and a sell-on clause with the Shea Charles deal.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2023 at 7:29pm
I guess they're trying to repeat the Lavia trick there, but it seems like a huge gamble spending that kind of money signing players who have no league starts, no loans, nothing really to judge them on.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2023 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Has to be some form of money laundering. They're signing way too many Man City academy lads for it to be genuine. Granted, they're probably almost guaranteed a profit in most cases.

Their new director of football joined them from Man City and their head of recruitment that joined last summer also joined from City.

Leicester's new manager was part of Peps coaching staff last season and worked in their academy so except Leicester to likely sign some City youngsters.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2023 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Their new director of football joined them from Man City and their head of recruitment that joined last summer also joined from City.

Leicester's new manager was part of Peps coaching staff last season and worked in their academy so except Leicester to likely sign some City youngsters.
Ah I didn't know this, fair enough!
NaasSaint View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaasSaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 6:57pm
Liverpool fans love to overrate their players and Kelleher is a prime example of this.
Do ya like Jack Russells, Nidge?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 9:40am
Originally posted by NaasSaint NaasSaint wrote:

Liverpool fans love to overrate their players and Kelleher is a prime example of this.

How do Liverpool fans overrate a sub keeper?
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 10:05am

They put him on a wall of legends at their training ground because he took a penalty in a shoot out. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 10:16am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

They put him on a wall of legends at their training ground because he took a penalty in a shoot out. 
Think you have that one just a little bit wrong LOL
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 10:18am
Do LFC fans over rate him or do non-LFC fans over rate Bazunu who was statistically the worst keeper in the PL last year? Smile
Idah Dream!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 10:19am
Here comes stat man John.

Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 10:21am
Stats don’t lie
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 10:29am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

They put him on a wall along with the other keepers at Liverpool who have been the main men en-route to a major trophy. 

I say this as a Man Utd man he’s obviously popular with them as a result and also from speaking to them they don’t tend to get too nervous when Alisson is missing with Kelleher between the sticks as he’s reliable. 

We’d all love to see him kick on this summer. Liverpool have him on a long contract and have priced him out of a move thus far unfortunately.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Stats don’t lie
They don't lie but they can quite often be misconstrued and used out of context. In this particular case, stats don't matter. A goalkeeper that actually plays is better than one who sits on his arse season after season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 173>
  Share Topic