You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 173>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

I think our propensity to concede worldies is a bit freakish and not just bad defending.

It's because we don't close the space in that area of the field properly and every manager and coach that analyses us has worked it out other than our own.

Not closing space doesn't put the ball in the top corner ffs. The strikes we have conceded have been freakish, you could let Uldrikis take that strike again with no one else on the pitch and he'd probably only get it top bins again 1/100. 

Certainly we can improve, but it also has to be acknowledged that there's been a massive amount of incredibly bad luck.

Why is it always the bad managers that seem to get all the bad luck. Wierd how that works. It's never the good managers who get unlucky. LOL
Sponsored Links

dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 10:36pm

I think our propensity to concede worldies is a bit freakish and not just bad defending.

It's because we don't close the space in that area of the field properly and every manager and coach that analyses us has worked it out other than our own.

Not closing space doesn't put the ball in the top corner ffs. The strikes we have conceded have been freakish, you could let Uldrikis take that strike again with no one else on the pitch and he'd probably only get it top bins again 1/100. 

Certainly we can improve, but it also has to be acknowledged that there's been a massive amount of incredibly bad luck.

Your spouting the usual bollix OShea, it's clear by now every Tom Dick and Harry knows we're a side you can get into these positions against.

As or Kellegher, he's living off the fact he gets to wear a Liverpool tracksuit, he's a liability. Look at replays of the second goal, deflection or not he's at the same craic Packie was at in Orlando against Wim Jonk. Get your body behind the ball. Liability
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

As or Kellegher, he's living off the fact he gets to wear a Liverpool tracksuit, he's a liability. Look at replays of the second goal, deflection or not he's at the same craic Packie was at in Orlando against Wim Jonk. Get your body behind the ball. Liability

Tough crowd around here. He's living off doing some very good things (although sporadic) with Liverpool, big difference. 

As for 'get your body behind the ball', LOL he had his body behind it ... it was deflected ffs. 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Tough crowd around here. He's living off doing some very good things (although sporadic) with Liverpool, big difference. 

As for 'get your body behind the ball', LOL he had his body behind it ... it was deflected ffs. 

Check from other angles, he has his arms to the left of his torso, just like Packie. I learned that in primary school ffs
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 11:31pm
What does blue man think?.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 11:38pm

The short term debate over who is our #1 is over for now. It’s unquestionably Bazunu at this point. Hopefully Kelleher can put a bit of pressure on him if he can find game time 
El Puto Amo
LovelyLiam View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 11:52pm
We’re a gas group of fans who love to jump to extremes. By no means was Kelleher’s performance spectacular but it certainly wasn’t as bad as is being made out here. He could have got his feet in a better position for the first but either way it was a cracker of a strike, and a difficult save. The second took a major deflection at pace after he had committed to the save. Absolutely nothing he could do. Let’s not get too dramatic. Certainly I agree he needs to play regularly and he hopefully will soon but there’s much point writing him off as we seem to be doing after a 6/10 performance. 

We have 3 decent young goalkeepers who have a lot to learn but whom we’re quite lucky to have. The level of competition between them is good. Hopefully all 3 will nail down starting spots for PL, champ or similar level in the coming years and we’ll be covered for the next decade at least.
"They found me in a shop"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 12:29am

To be honest most international teams will have a player or two who can hit that shot fairly regularly if they're given the time and space. That was probably more of a 1 in 5 hit in the circumstances than a 1 in 100. The reason you don't see many of those goals being conceded by other teams is that they don't offer up the time and space like we do. If you fill the space and pressure the shot the odds of it going in lengthen a lot.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 12:39am

To be honest most international teams will have a player or two who can hit that shot fairly regularly if they're given the time and space. That was probably more of a 1 in 5 hit in the circumstances than a 1 in 100. The reason you don't see many of those goals being conceded by other teams is that they don't offer up the time and space like we do. If you fill the space and pressure the shot the odds of it going in lengthen a lot.

Thats just nonsense, best strike Ive seen live in quite some time. No keeper is stopping it, should maybe have been closed down, but the strike itself is nigh on perfect, absolutely flew right into the top corner. It was a fantastic goal.
Idah Dream!
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 12:51am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Thats just nonsense, best strike Ive seen live in quite some time. No keeper is stopping it, should maybe have been closed down, but the strike itself is nigh on perfect, absolutely flew right into the top corner. It was a fantastic goal.

Watch the replay John, Kev's body positioning was all over the place, he never gave himself the best chance to save it. And for the deflection he flapped his hands to the left of his body like Packie in Orlando. His bench warming has been found out tonight.

Edited by dangere_here - 23 Mar 2023 at 12:54am
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 1:08am

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Watch the replay John, Kev's body positioning was all over the place, he never gave himself the best chance to save it. And for the deflection he flapped his hands to the left of his body like Packie in Orlando. His bench warming has been found out tonight.

I saw it live and nobody was saving it, it whizzed in, an absolute belter. I'll reserve judgement on the 2nd until I see it back, it clearly took a deflection, but live it looked like maybe he could still have kept it out.
Idah Dream!
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 1:22am
looked like he was falling over rather trying to save the first one.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 1:24am
Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

looked like he was falling over rather trying to save the first one.

He could just have stood still tbh, it wasnt saveable!
Idah Dream!
Realrover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 1:55am
Thats the problem though, every performance for Ireland and most for Liverpool have been "not that bad", that level just isn't good enough. His forum is full of lads making constant excuses for him saying none of the goals were savable. His positioning isn't the best and I get the vibe off him that if he thinks a shot is out of reach he doesn't throw the kitchen sink at it which is a poor look. He's too flappy and his confidence probably isn't the best at this stage either. Lastly, he isn't getting enough game time but maybe he doesn't want that pressure? 
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 6:10am
Caught flat footed for the 1st goal which forced him to scramble and lead out with his wrong hand. Doubtful he would’ve saved it even if set properly though.
I’d blame Collins for the 2nd goal. Why is he standing 3 yards behind the rest of the defence when the ball is partially cleared? Can’t blame Kelleher for a teammate obstructing his view and sticking a leg out. Leaves Kelleher with no chance to re-act.
Probably 2 main reasons as to why we’re conceding long range efforts so frequently. Firstly, we’re very passive in trying to regain possession or block shots outside our box. Secondly, both Bazunu and Kelleher have been caught not setting early enough for long range efforts. They wouldn’t face a lot of speculative shots as most English club teams are told to retain possession around the oppositions box. More limited teams like Latvia, Luxembourg and Armenia are more likely to take these on. France certainly won’t be going for 30 yard pile drivers when they have enough time to play to Mbappe in the box.

Edited by Fatnacho - 23 Mar 2023 at 6:11am
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 8:13am

A top corner strike (coming under pressure no less, because it wasn't a completely free hit)from 30 yards is a 1 in 5 strike? Fair enough!
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 9:28am
I do not know how people can fault Kelleher with the first goal. 

The midfield and defense need to close this down and prevent the shot from being taken, this keeps happening and this question was put to Kenny before in a presser and he said it was not a concern that he is going to address.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 9:48am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I do not know how people can fault Kelleher with the first goal. 

The midfield and defense need to close this down and prevent the shot from being taken, this keeps happening and this question was put to Kenny before in a presser and he said it was not a concern that he is going to address.

“Not a concern he’s going to address” 

Please tell me he did not say that. 

Someone posted somewhere too lazy to find it “every team seems to have this figured out except our own team”. He wasn’t wrong was he. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 173>
  Share Topic