You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Caoimhín Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 173>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:06pm
Not good enough unfortunately. 
Sweden under 21s targeted him in the away game and he’s been terrible whenever given the chance at Liverpool. 
Let’s hope Travers and Bazunu are better when given the chance.    
Sponsored Links

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:08pm
In fairness, the lad has never really impressed me. Seen him a few times now and IMO I think he will be doing well to be a Championship level goalkeeper.
The only way is up
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:09pm
Kelleher still has potential

But he's not going to get another chance again at Liverpool. Top flight football is ruthless. He'll be off to league 1 or 2 in January you'd imagine 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:28pm
I feared for Kelleher on the first goal but he couldn't do anything about the other two.

He's just not good enough. Hopefully he gets another club in January. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:37pm
4-0, half time, he was poor for the first but could do nothing about the other 3, I suppose he is unfortunate that he mostly playing with younger lads in front of him any chance he gets with first team but in one game and a half so far in the first team he has conceded 3 goals that he shouldn't have.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:43pm
Incredible that he has Champions League and Super Cup winners medals. He'll be the most decorated player in the League of Ireland in two or three years time. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:54pm
Think people are being overly harsh on him.

1st goal those in swingers are terrible for keepers but probably could have done better. 

2nd deflection took it away from him

3rd the defence should have done much better, good finish. 

4th this one imo he should have done better he hesitated when rushing out retreated and advanced again. Should have kept going yo narrow the shot
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

1st goal those in swingers are terrible for keepers but probably could have done better. 

4th this one imo he should have done better he hesitated when rushing out retreated and advanced again. Should have kept going yo narrow the shot

Yup. 

He'd really benefit from going out on loan somewhere. Would help a lot with his confidence if he got a run of games 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Yup. 

He'd really benefit from going out on loan somewhere. Would help a lot with his confidence if he got a run of games 

Definitely that 4th especially shows a keeper still learning to understand the game.

Mid table championship team would be great for him. 
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 9:06pm
Good save there.

Edited by aviva8 - 17 Dec 2019 at 9:06pm
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 9:15pm
Another decend save there 
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 9:26pm
it is the worst position  to try and break into.
Only 1 per team an error costs a goal. 
Parrot or Connolly for example could miss 4 sitters score the 5th chance and the team win 1 nil they would be heroes. Keeper f**ks up 4 times  its 4 goals conceded.
If keeper makes 10 world class saves and makes a mistake in the 94th min and  you lose 1 nil be will be is slated.
He needs a loan move down the divisions  to make his mistakes there and learn from them out of the public eye.

All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 9:38pm
Since seeing him first at the Toulon tournament in the summer, I've never been convinced. Unfortunately he won't be an Irish goalkeeper we're talking about in 10 or 15 years time.

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 9:39pm
Solid 2nd half from kelleher made 3 decend saves and could do nothing about other 4 goals for me.he only 18/19 , but clear he needs more first team action to develop further.i wouldn't right him off yet.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 9:43pm
Travers is miles ahead in terms of ability.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 9:50pm
Bar the 1st there was nothing he could do about any of the goals. Made some decent saves in the 2nd half. There's definitely ability there. I think people forget he's only 21, which for a keeper is essentially the equivalent of being a 17 year old outfield player. Loads of time to iron out his less developed areas.
We're decent enough..
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Solid 2nd half from kelleher made 3 decend saves and could do nothing about other 4 goals for me.he only 18/19 , but clear he needs more first team action to develop further.i wouldn't right him off yet.

He's actually 21 though. Same age as Ramsdale at Bournemouth who's miles ahead of him. And Travers who is only 20 is well ahead of him as well. Made a couple of decent stops in the second half but had an awful flap at one point which ended with a defender clearing off the line for him. 

Can't see too many clubs rushing to loan him, especially given the way Liverpool force lower league clubs to play their players that they loan, he would be a high risk option for any team. 

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

He's actually 21 though. Same age as Ramsdale at Bournemouth who's miles ahead of him. And Travers who is only 20 is well ahead of him as well. Made a couple of decent stops in the second half but had an awful flap at one point which ended with a defender clearing off the line for him. 

Can't see too many clubs rushing to loan him, especially given the way Liverpool force lower league clubs to play their players that they loan, he would be a high risk option for any team. 

How many 21 year old keepers, at any level, are actually starting regularly? Get a grip of yourself.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 173>
  Share Topic