You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Caoimhín Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 105106107108109 173>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2022 at 4:50pm
Carabao Caoimh 😂
Sponsored Links

Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2022 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Yeah but can't they do a loan with a recall clause in case Alisson got a bad injury? 

Not sure, I think loans can only be recalled during transfer windows. Otherwise you'd be leaving the loanee club up the creek losing a player they can't replace.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2022 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Yeah but can't they do a loan with a recall clause in case Alisson got a bad injury? 

Not sure, I think loans can only be recalled during transfer windows. Otherwise you'd be leaving the loanee club up the creek losing a player they can't replace.

It can be done, but most loanee clubs won't go for it with a keeper, because they're left too open to losing a key player outside the transfer window that they then can't replace. That's what happened to Swindon with Mark Travers a couple of years ago.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2022 at 9:37pm
With the level of club that most of us would expect him to go on loan to, I couldn't see them being ok with a re-call option because of the disruption it would cause.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2022 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Made some good saves. Couldn't have done much about the goals. 

Really do think it's the time to go out loan

In sick of hearing about his good cup displays. Get the fook out and play some proper football before your an old man. In footballing term at least

Proper football LOLLOL The champions league not prestigious enough

Regular first team football would be a more appropriate term. This lad is either one of 3 things:
1. Doesn't care about his career, just wants the paycheck.
2. Zero confidence in playing regular football under the spotlight every week
3. Thinks he'll get alisons spot (deluded)

If there's a 4th one, I'd love to hear it
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2022 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

In sick of hearing about his good cup displays. Get the fook out and play some proper football before your an old man. In footballing term at least

Regular first team football would be a more appropriate term. This lad is either one of 3 things:

4th - Klopp won't let Kelleher out unless he can find a replacement keeper that's about as good (He said this back around the EFL Cup final).
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2022 at 11:38pm

He's just turned 24. He has 16 more years as a keeper. So, maybe he's enjoying his time with Liverpool before he joins another club in August. 

He seems a fairly unflappable fellow I doubt he gives two hoots what anyone else thinks
It would damage this forums' reputation
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2022 at 11:52pm
His goalkeeping hero was Mike Hooper
Chips don't bounce
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2022 at 12:32am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

He's just turned 24. He has 16 more years as a keeper. So, maybe he's enjoying his time with Liverpool before he joins another club in August. 

He seems a fairly unflappable fellow I doubt he gives two hoots what anyone else thinks

Exactly hes 24 and how many games has he started or even played in the 1st team? Fook all is the answer. He'll peak at 39
I love beer gardens
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2022 at 3:44am

Pretty much my view. Think the lad is a good GK and has great potential with consistent gametime. However my argument is that he shouldn't be entitled to the Ireland no 1 slot because a lot of Irish people are obsessed with Liverpool and he's unambitious so won't fight for a career as a club no1.
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2022 at 7:00am
I suppose Emi Martinez was unambitious sitting on Arsenal’s bench for 8 years and making a grand total of 15 appearances for them. Hasn’t worked out too badly for him. I can see the same career progression for Kelleher by going to a decent mid sized club in the next year or two. 24 is still very young for a goalkeeper unless you’re an exception like Buffon or Donnarumma. 
No point in sending him on loan to the Championship and leaving themselves short on cover, as they know he can play at that level and above. Liverpool will sell him once they get offers around the 15m mark like they did with Danny Ward. If he bides his time he’ll have a pick of a few clubs to go to rather than go to a basket case club just to get game time.
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2022 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

I suppose Emi Martinez was unambitious sitting on Arsenal’s bench for 8 years and making a grand total of 15 appearances for them. Hasn’t worked out too badly for him. I can see the same career progression for Kelleher by going to a decent mid sized club in the next year or two. 24 is still very young for a goalkeeper unless you’re an exception like Buffon or Donnarumma. 
No point in sending him on loan to the Championship and leaving themselves short on cover, as they know he can play at that level and above. Liverpool will sell him once they get offers around the 15m mark like they did with Danny Ward. If he bides his time he’ll have a pick of a few clubs to go to rather than go to a basket case club just to get game time.

I also think he will win the World Cup fatnacho 
Here we go again, we're on the road again
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2022 at 10:53am

Martinez had completed four loan spells, one in League 1 and three in the Championship, by the time he was 24 (the age Kelleher is now).
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2022 at 11:10am

how about being a squad member on one of the best club teams of the last decade? hes young for a keeper but a move is needed in summer. dont think liverpools development of him can be questioned tbh. hes very good. there seems to be an idea that he'd be a lot better if he slummed it out in l2+l1 a few years ago. hes still got invaluable experience from being in this liverpool squad 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2022 at 11:41am
The guy is living the dream.

He's plenty of time on his side to be slumming it out in some sh*te club.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2022 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Martinez had completed four loan spells, one in League 1 and three in the Championship, by the time he was 24 (the age Kelleher is now).

LOL

That's that nipped in the bud. Wonder will any more irrelevant comparisons pop up.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2022 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by 84ccfc84 84ccfc84 wrote:

how about being a squad member on one of the best club teams of the last decade? hes young for a keeper but a move is needed in summer. dont think liverpools development of him can be questioned tbh. hes very good. there seems to be an idea that he'd be a lot better if he slummed it out in l2+l1 a few years ago. hes still got invaluable experience from being in this liverpool squad 

Of course he'd be better playing week in, week out in front of crowds with the pressure of playing in meaningful matches.

He's a good goalie and cones across as a nice fella, wouldn't like to see his career pass him by. I agree, hopefully he gets move in summer, he needs to 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2022 at 1:35pm
The way Bazunu is playing at the moment, I would have Kelleher as No 1  if the qualifiers were starting this week tbh. The lack of game time doesn't appear to be affecting his performances so far. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 105106107108109 173>
  Share Topic