You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 173>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

And 1 of those saves denying Conor Hourihane.

You almost wouldn't count that one to be honest. Would have put the house on Hourihane to step up and take a crap penalty and he duly delivered yet again. 

Great stuff from Kelleher all the same. Saving penalties like his season depended on it. Which it did.
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Surely if you are a prem or champ side and you need a keeper, you can't look past Caoimhin, he barely put a foot wrong in any games he plays

Unfortunately Liverpool won’t let him leave. Klopp seems to think very highly of him and won’t allow him a way out

Klopp won't let him go cos he knows he's a super keeper and he may well need him at some stage. LFC pay his wages and tbf he never looks short of match practice when called upon by Ireland or Liverpool, so I don't really understand the fuss. The lad is clearly a consummate professional!
Idah Dream!
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 11:18pm
Tim Krul vibes.

If he wasn't so unambitious and actually started his senior career instead of warming the Liverpool bench 95% of the time, we'd know if he's actually a reliable GK over a large sample of games or not.

Not knockout conditions or games against League One opponents at home.

With exceptions of Chelsea away in The PL and Chelsea in The League Cup final, he's mainly faced weaker opponents while playing for one of the best teams in the world. Not in the trenches of League One learning his trade as a teenager like Bazunu.

He turns 24 in less than 2 weeks. He needs to move on from Liverpool. Alisson is only 30.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

Tim Krul vibes.

If he wasn't so unambitious and actually started his senior career instead of warming the Liverpool bench 95% of the time, we'd know if he's actually a reliable GK over a large sample of games or not.

With exceptions of Chelsea away in The PL and Chelsea in The League Cup final, he's mainly faced weaker opponents while playing for one of the best teams in the world. Not in the trenches of League One learning his trade as a teenager like Bazunu.

He turns 24 in less than 2 weeks. He needs to move on from Liverpool. Alisson is only 30.

Hot take for a lad determined to fight it out with the best in the world at one of the biggest clubs! What's your actual issue here? Has he ever let Ireland down? One would think he's coming into the team and making a heap of errors. Be happy, he's a top keeper and he's one of our own!
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 11:27pm
It's not much of a fight though, is it? Realistically, no matter what either Alisson or Kelleher do, Alisson will not be getting dropped for Kelleher.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Tim Krul vibes.

Hot take for a lad determined to fight it out with the best in the world at one of the biggest clubs! What's your actual issue here? Has he ever let Ireland down? One would think he's coming into the team and making a heap of errors. Be happy, he's a top keeper and he's one of our own!

He hardly thinks he's going to start ahead of Alisson ffs. Get a grip. Delusional if he does.

Well, yeah. He let an in-swinging free kick find its way into his net in a game for Ireland. So that counts as an error, the same way that Bazunu made an error vs Armenia.

Bazunu is my GOAT.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 11:33pm

Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Surely if you are a prem or champ side and you need a keeper, you can't look past Caoimhin, he barely put a foot wrong in any games he plays

Unfortunately Liverpool won’t let him leave. Klopp seems to think very highly of him and won’t allow him a way out

Klopp won't let him go cos he knows he's a super keeper and he may well need him at some stage. LFC pay his wages and tbf he never looks short of match practice when called upon by Ireland or Liverpool, so I don't really understand the fuss. The lad is clearly a consummate professional!

He can be a consummate footballer playing 38 games a season at another top club. There is a pint where Liverpool won't stand in your way if you want a new challenge, look at Mane
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 11:35pm

Tim Krul vibes.

This.

Kelleher has played a total of just 17 club games in senior mens football and 8 for Ireland.

Allison at his age had played over 127 club games and 15 times for Brazil.

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 11:41pm
Great keeper, happy to have him at both LFC and Ireland. If he's happy and performing, then I'M happy too!
Idah Dream!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Tim Krul vibes.

This.

Kelleher has played a total of just 17 club games in senior mens football and 8 for Ireland.

Exactly.

When Alisson first moved to Europe to play for Roma, they only used him as their cup goalkeeper. He played just 15 times that debut season. 4 times in The Coppa Italia and 11 times in Europe.

It's been reported that he would have asked to leave Roma if they didn't give him more minutes. He then became their #1 during his 2nd season.

He was 23 when he joined Roma. No messing about. He wanted to play regular games.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 11:45pm

Great keeper, happy to have him at both LFC and Ireland. If he's happy and performing, then I'M happy too!

But you have to admit a point comes when you need to be playing regularly and not be the sub / cup keeper when you're nearly 24 and realistically have no chance of getting ahead of the first choice keeper.

It's been said time and time again, he needs a loan move and he needs to play regularly. He's wasted at Liverpool as number 2 at this stage to be honest, he's more than capable of getting another Premier league club.

You said in a previous comment, lads knocking him. Nobody is knocking him he's a great keeper but most of us relaise he needs to play alot more than he is and unfortunately for him that might have to be away from Liverpool 

Edited by wanderer - 09 Nov 2022 at 11:58pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 11:46pm
He's too good to be a number 2, in my opinion. I'm a Liverpool fan myself but even if he was another nationality I wouldn't begrudge him to move on and would even encourage it unless Alisson planning on leaving soon
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 11:57pm

He's too good to be a number 2, in my opinion. I'm a Liverpool fan myself but even if he was another nationality I wouldn't begrudge him to move on and would even encourage it unless Alisson planning on leaving soon

Who knows what Ali's plans are though? Klopp promoted some very young keepers at Dortmund if I recall. In any case, I'M not averse to him seeking a loan, but he's now going to get EFL Cup and FA Cup games at a minimum post Xmas if he stays. I think he's a better keeper than Bazunu at this moment in time, most won't agree. As far as i'm concerned, if he performs when called upon, that's good enough for me! He exudes confidence and composure on the ball, an absolute requirement at the highest level these days. Top keeper!
Idah Dream!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 11:59pm

Tim Krul vibes.

This.

Exactly.

When Alisson first moved to Europe to play for Roma, they only used him as their cup goalkeeper. He played just 15 times that debut season. 4 times in The Coppa Italia and 11 times in Europe.

It's been reported that he would have asked to leave Roma if they didn't give him more minutes. He then became their #1 during his 2nd season.

He was 23 when he joined Roma. No messing about. He wanted to play regular games.

Yeah the Polish keeper Kamil Grabara who is only a few weeks younger than Kelleher left Liverpool last summer in pursuit of first team football having spent most of his time at Liverpool out on loan.

He has 123 senior club appearances in the Championship and Danish Superliga and recently made his Poland senior debut.

Hes FC Copenhagens no.1 now, won the league with them last summer and played in the group stages of the Champions League just there (albeit they finished rock bottom of their group).

Kelleher has collected a nice haul of medals at Liverpool already including the 2 cup medals that he earned by playing, time to for him to move on now and test himself as a no.1. Hes more than able.

Edited by Bandwagon - 10 Nov 2022 at 12:00am
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 12:04am

Tim Krul vibes.

This.

Exactly.

Yeah the Polish keeper Kamil Grabara who is only a few weeks younger than Kelleher left Liverpool last summer in pursuit of first team football having spent most of his time at Liverpool out on loan.

He has 123 senior club appearances in the Championship and Danish Superliga and recently made his Poland senior debut.

Hes FC Copenhagens no.1 now, won the league with them last summer and played in the group stages of the Champions League just there (albeit they finished rock bottom of their group).

Kelleher has collected a nice haul of medals at Liverpool already including the 2 cup medals that he earned by playing, time to for him to move on now and test himself as a no.1. Hes more than able.
And Grabara still isn't half the keeper Kelleher is, that's why LFC let him go. They also let Gulacsi go before him, what's the point here? Are you suggesting Kelleher should move to FC Copenhagen for game time?
Idah Dream!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 12:15am

Who knows what Ali's plans are though? Klopp promoted some very young keepers at Dortmund if I recall. In any case, I'M not averse to him seeking a loan, but he's now going to get EFL Cup and FA Cup games at a minimum post Xmas if he stays. I think he's a better keeper than Bazunu at this moment in time, most won't agree. As far as i'm concerned, if he performs when called upon, that's good enough for me! He exudes confidence and composure on the ball, an absolute requirement at the highest level these days. Top keeper!

Alisson onlly signed a new 6 year deal last August.

Weidenfeller was pretty much Klopp's #1 for his entire time at Dortmund. Tuchel phased him out in favour of BĂĽrki who was 24 compared to the 35 year old veteran GK.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 12:25am

Tim Krul vibes.

This.

Exactly.

Grabara has impressed me in The CL this season. 

He was great vs City in that 0-0 draw. And even in the 5-0 hammering, he prevented it from being 9-0.

I heard that Pitaluga was highly rated as well. He's on loan with Macclesfield, which will be a difficult loan spell. Toughen him up, I suppose. 
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 12:27am
Grabara and Gulacsi are both superior keepers imo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 173>
  Share Topic