You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Caoimhín Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 148149150151152 174>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2023 at 1:08am
I think the jury is still out on Kelleher BUT the analysis of yesterday's match here is daft. I actually read this thread before I saw the highlights. I was expecting to see howler after howler. I actually don't think he could be blamed for any of the goals. Nor did anyone suggest that in commentary or analysis on MOTD 2. On a quick look it seemed to be the same in newspaper reports.  If Allison had been in goal and conceded those 3 no one would even have noticed. More of the crap thrown at Bazunu also basically 
Sponsored Links

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2023 at 6:03am
Will Unwin in the Guardian doesn't seem to be as harsh either

Caoimhín Kelleher is finding out the joys of being second-choice goalkeeper with Alisson ruled out through injury. The 25-year-old made his sixth Premier League appearance in the 4-3 win over Fulham on Sunday. He looked nervous and his first involvements ended with him picking the ball out of the back of the net, even if one was disallowed, which can’t have helped. As playing is such a rarity, it will take time for Kelleher to find his rhythm, especially considering the back four in front of him keep changing positions and personnel. The Republic of Ireland international produced a couple of saves in the second half, which were crucial in the end, and he will have learned a lot from playing in the pressurised environment of the Premier League rather than deputising in the lesser competitions where most of his appearances have come. Having a packed Kop behind him for 90 minutes in a helter-skelter match is the best education for the goalkeeper and he will have to use it to his advantage before Alisson is fit again. 
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2023 at 9:30pm
A PL clean sheet in the bag Clap
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2023 at 9:32pm
Quiet evening but made a good save with a 1v1 whereby Archer I think it was came in from the from side and took a shot and Kelleher saved it.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2023 at 9:32pm
Good stuff. 

He's attempting to take over Nakatomi Plaza in a few weeks.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2023 at 9:39pm
Be great for him to get another few clean sheets and go into the the Utd game with a bit of confidence. If Allison is still out of course.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2023 at 10:14pm
Noticeably fewer posts when there's nothing to be criticised....
We're decent enough..
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2023 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Good stuff. 

He's attempting to take over Nakatomi Plaza in a few weeks.
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2023 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Quite natural I would think ffs
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2023 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Why would it be "quite natural" to be more keen on sh*tting on an Irish player than praising them?
We're decent enough..
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2023 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Be great for him to get another few clean sheets and go into the the Utd game with a bit of confidence. If Allison is still out of course.

f**k that I hope Liverpool lose every game 😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2023 at 11:04pm

More like nothing to comment on 
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2023 at 11:43pm
I do genuiellyy try to be a glass half full person but the critism last week was justified. He looked nervous and was poor enough. 

But I also had a lot of hope he could do better and he did today. He looked a lot more confident even with his support in passing it around. Made a good save in the first half. 

There will be tougher tests and hope Alisson is out for another few games as this is the chance for other clubs to learn that Kelleher is worth taking a punt OR Klopp to decide actually I'd rather another number 2 and will let Kelleher go for lower. This coming from the viewpoint that Kelleher would be better at another PL club if he can get it as he will never be Number 1 for Ireland as a back-uo to Alisson

Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 9:13am

Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Why would it be "quite natural" to be more keen on sh*tting on an Irish player than praising them?
More incidents to refer to in the game at the weekend than last night. Pulled off a good save in the first half but one that would be expected
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2023 at 11:35am
Back on the bench as Alisson made a miraculous recovery.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2023 at 11:51am
That was some spell he had. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2023 at 11:58am
LOLLOL if he doesn’t leave in the summer he has decided on the east life of no ambition.  Fair play to him if so but he won’t amass many caps as a result or Liverpool appearances for that matter.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2023 at 12:25pm
He'll be back in next Thursday for the Europa League 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 148149150151152 174>
  Share Topic