Caoimhín Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 174>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 10:56am
He was the best reserve goalkeeper in the world they were saying. That also was nonsense. 

Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 10:48am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I thought he was fine last night myself. 

The problem is people are comparing him to Alisson which is ridiculous as he’s probably one of the top 3 goalkeepers in the World.

Played fine last night. Liverpool fans just being Liverpool fans a few years ago he was the 2nd best keeper in the world behind Alisson now he’s at fault for every goal and every goal let in “Ali would have saved that”. 

Least he’s getting a decent volume of games this season for all we’d all want him to kick on in the summer. 

Pure and utter nonsense.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 10:44am
He should have another medal in the bag in the next month. Some trophy cabinet for a terrible goalkeeper Wink
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 10:41am

The problem is people are comparing him to Alisson which is ridiculous as he’s probably one of the top 3 goalkeepers in the World.

Played fine last night. Liverpool fans just being Liverpool fans a few years ago he was the 2nd best keeper in the world behind Alisson now he’s at fault for every goal and every goal let in “Ali would have saved that”. 

Least he’s getting a decent volume of games this season for all we’d all want him to kick on in the summer. 

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 10:39am

Exactly yeah.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 10:25am

Edited by BrendanD88 - 11 Jan 2024 at 10:26am
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 10:21am
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2024 at 11:08pm
Not good enough really is he?
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 3:42pm
Alisson given the nod over Carabao Caoimh in the FA Cup again
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2023 at 11:32am
Maybe he doesn't want to move, like he's on a cushy number, very little pressure, making more money than most of us could dream of, and getting to play ball with for a living while earning it.   And then he can retire to the sun in his 30s.  

I wouldn't be too unhappy with my lot if I was him.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2023 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

The ball was in play. It got chalked off for VAR calling play back. 

Therefore, it wasnt in play. Care to comment on why none of the pundits/commentators had anything negative to say about Kelleher?

They weren't major mistakes. I think if it's a critical game and and he is getting beaten so easily then I do think people are saying he shouldn't be getting beaten at his near post.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2023 at 11:07pm

Therefore, it wasnt in play. Care to comment on why none of the pundits/commentators had anything negative to say about Kelleher?
We're decent enough..
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2023 at 11:01pm

I mean honestly, the utter idiocy of the criticism aimed at Kelleher and Bazunu boggles the mind, 
The only utter idiocy is your constant childish need to bite at anyone who has the audacity to say anything that isn't excessive praise of an Irish player. Someone has an opinion that he "should of done better" or was at fault for a goal, who gives a f**k? 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2023 at 10:26pm

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2023 at 10:23pm

Third also should do better. Immediately thought 'ok too close to kelleher' so surprised the net ripples. Chalked off lucky for him

So there was no third then? You might as well blame him for goals Grobelaar conceded LOL Two good saves in the 2nd half as well, not a peep about them surprisingly

It went in the back of the net. Liverpool were walking back to the halfway line and they called it back for a VAR handball that no one had even seen.

The saves he made in the second half you would have been disappointed if he didn't save him. He also pushed ball into dangerous areas after a couple of them.

I don't like to call our negatives for the sake of it. I have am a Liverpool and Ireland fan so I would love him to be great but I have massive reservations about him. Shots close to him especially (similar to Bazunu) they seem to have a good chance of flying past him. 

So it wasn't a goal? In other news, there's rain expected in Donegal tomorrow - about as relevant to Kelleher as a non-goal.

Speaking about another lame piece of goalkeeping is relevant in a post about his underwhelming performances 

It wasn't "lame goalkeeping" if it wasn't within play - you might as well start critiquing players for their warm ups. I mean honestly, the utter idiocy of the criticism aimed at Kelleher and Bazunu boggles the mind, every action is combed for a negative angle, and any positive is hushed up or downplayed. There seems to be a desperation to paint them as sh*t despite all the evidence to the contrary.
We're decent enough..
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2023 at 9:35pm

Third also should do better. Immediately thought 'ok too close to kelleher' so surprised the net ripples. Chalked off lucky for him

So there was no third then? You might as well blame him for goals Grobelaar conceded LOL Two good saves in the 2nd half as well, not a peep about them surprisingly

It went in the back of the net. Liverpool were walking back to the halfway line and they called it back for a VAR handball that no one had even seen.

The saves he made in the second half you would have been disappointed if he didn't save him. He also pushed ball into dangerous areas after a couple of them.

I don't like to call our negatives for the sake of it. I have am a Liverpool and Ireland fan so I would love him to be great but I have massive reservations about him. Shots close to him especially (similar to Bazunu) they seem to have a good chance of flying past him. 

So it wasn't a goal? In other news, there's rain expected in Donegal tomorrow - about as relevant to Kelleher as a non-goal.

Speaking about another lame piece of goalkeeping is relevant in a post about his underwhelming performances 

Edited by t_rAndy - 14 Dec 2023 at 9:35pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2023 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

So is Kelleher actually any good? Who knows. Here's what we do know: being a 24 year old goalkeeper ... barely playing any first team football has been detrimental to his development.

He just turned 25 but overall it's been a mixed bag imo. It's very difficult to get a full picture of how good he is or can as he simply hasn't played enough games or had a consistent run. 

If he could even push Liverpool to at least send him on loan to a mid/lower EPL or top Championship side, then at least they've the security of keeping him on should the loan be a success. 

His development will suffer the more he stays in his comfort zone at Liverpool when he only plays the odd game for them. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2023 at 9:07pm
So is Kelleher actually any good? Who knows. Here's what we do know: being a 24 year old goalkeeper ... barely playing any first team football has been detrimental to his development.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 174>
  Share Topic