You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Areas of Dublin that produce senior internationals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Areas of Dublin that produce senior internationals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Liam Whelan, Gerry Daly, Wayne Henderson, Eamonn Fagan -  Cabra

(I think Ashley Grimes was also from Cabra but I can't confirm it, does anyone know?)
Ash from Cabra West, same road as Daly. Also Jimmy Conway and Peter Eccles from Cabra West. There are more from Cabra going back over years. Ashley Grimes unique I think in that he won league cup and FA cup winners medals in both Ireland and England.

Thumbs Up

Eamonn Fagan and Peter Eccles both only got 1 cap, but that means they fully qualify without having to resort to any murky criteria Smile. That takes Cabra up to 7 full internationals (with possibly others?). Could be hard to beat?

Billy Newman another from Cabra got a cap, Gareth Farrelly also D7 (Navan Rd). Overall I'd say D11 has produced most.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 9:32pm

Liam Whelan, Gerry Daly, Wayne Henderson, Eamonn Fagan -  Cabra

(I think Ashley Grimes was also from Cabra but I can't confirm it, does anyone know?)
Ash from Cabra West, same road as Daly. Also Jimmy Conway and Peter Eccles from Cabra West. There are more from Cabra going back over years. Ashley Grimes unique I think in that he won league cup and FA cup winners medals in both Ireland and England.

Thumbs Up

Eamonn Fagan and Peter Eccles both only got 1 cap, but that means they fully qualify without having to resort to any murky criteria Smile. That takes Cabra up to 7 full internationals (with possibly others?). Could be hard to beat?

Billy Newman another from Cabra got a cap, Gareth Farrelly also D7 (Navan Rd). Overall I'd say D11 has produced most.

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 9:33pm
Terry Conroy, played in the 70's was from Cabra.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 11:23pm
Did Andy Reid come from Kebabra?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

yeah him and Guzzler Gibson
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 12:05am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

yeah him and Guzzler Gibson

He not the Derry Diabetic?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 12:27am
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

Originally posted by engpad engpad wrote:

Matt Doherty another with no cap, as of yet, but that has been involved. 

Paddy Madden is another. 

Matt Doherty is from swords

Carr and Kenny Cunningham are from kilbarrack

Well Cunninghams family definitely lived in kilbarrack at some point

Graham kavanagh is from rigsend

I'm pretty certairn that kavanagh is from kilnamanagh tallaght. Unless he moved up this way later

Very good thread by the way. The premise is something you would probably laugh at but when you start matching players to areas it's very interesting and 'something you didn't know'
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 7:59am
Darren o Dea went to clonkeen college and it was Richard sadlier who went to st benildus on the upper kilmacud road.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 8:23am
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Darren o Dea went to clonkeen college and it was Richard sadlier who went to st benildus on the upper kilmacud road.
Ah right. Sadlier is from Dundrum or Ballinteer I think? My oul' fella used to work with his oul' fella in the Department of the Environment.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 8:38am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Ah right. Sadlier is from Dundrum or Ballinteer I think? My oul' fella used to work with his oul' fella in the Department of the Environment.
ballinteer
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Good thread

Always have been curious what part of Dublin some of our homegrown players were from.

Can't believe Dalkey,Ballsbridge,Blackrock, Killiney weren't mentioned.

Shankill has been -pretty much Kiliney.

Paul McGrath did also start his career at Dalkey United as well.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 10:06am
Richie Partridge (was called into senior quad but never got a cap) is from Blanch

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 10:09am
Alan Moore - Finglas
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 10:15am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Richie Partridge (was called into senior quad but never got a cap) is from Blanch

He deserves a shout in any thread regarding Irish players who did not live up to their potential. He was lethal at schoolboy level albeit in a very strong Stella Maris team. I've a feeling that he was Liverpools young player of the year at one point. Although I think Joxer Kelly may have gotten that too so perhaps it is a poison chalice for Irish lads. 
El Puto Amo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 11:03am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

He deserves a shout in any thread regarding Irish players who did not live up to their potential. He was lethal at schoolboy level albeit in a very strong Stella Maris team. I've a feeling that he was Liverpools young player of the year at one point. Although I think Joxer Kelly may have gotten that too so perhaps it is a poison chalice for Irish lads. 
Yeah, he really was being talked about by Liverpool fans too, as the next big thing. Didn't he marry Mickey Owen's sister? I think he was in a few senior squads too.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 11:11am
He was also top notch in more than just one iteration of Championship Manager.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 11:12am

That's right, he did marry her. I just googled him to see what he's up to and turns out that he qualified as a physio and is now working with Liverpools first team. Fair play to him. 
El Puto Amo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 11:17am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

That's right, he did marry her. I just googled him to see what he's up to and turns out that he qualified as a physio and is now working with Liverpools first team. Fair play to him. 
I suppose it was hard for him to live up to the achievements of his cousin Alan.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
  Share Topic