You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glum scale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glum scale
    Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 10:54am
In contrast to the Nervousness scale before games.. this one is a similar scale but for Post campaign lack of qualification.

Currently at 10. Long way before a ball will be kicked again in anger... Doubts over manager and moved loved players.

Glum as f**k
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:01am
This. 

10 also for me.
Nearly would have been easier to handle had we not got a result against Wales (Though wouldn't have traded that night away for anything).
stokeirish View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokeirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:03am
Glum-ish. No use burying our heads in the sand. This feels like our chickens have come home to roost and we do have problems BUT I think MON and a few older players will go now and it could be an exciting time with a new manager and changes coming into the team
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:06am
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

In contrast to the Nervousness scale before games.. this one is a similar scale but for Post campaign lack of qualification.

Currently at 10. Long way before a ball will be kicked again in anger... Doubts over manager and moved loved players.

Glum as f**k
9 - taken a point off in the knowledge that our limitations would have been cruelly exposed on the biggest stage (a la Euro 2012 - if you thought Eriksen having a field day on Tuesday night in a play-off was bad, just imagine the likes of Neymar or Messi doing their thing against us at the tournament itself with the whole world watching!), at least we've been spared that humiliation. 

Still really down in the dumps though. Gonna really miss the buzz that we had in the build-up to Euro 2016. Cry
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:09am

9 - Clinical depression, which is heightened by the obvious knowledge that football shouldn't have anywhere near this sort of impact on your state of mind or life. I feel like a long term beloved family pet has died.  
El Puto Amo
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:11am
It's as bad as it gets for me. Just feel empty.

I feel like a long term beloved family pet has died - this for me but a lot stronger. Serious grieving / emptiness. 

The drive back from Dublin was soul destroying. I can't even bring myself to talk about it. 

Edited by kearney304 - 16 Nov 2017 at 11:12am
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:15am

Football will break your heart more than any women ever could but we will have some big moments again. Keep the faith
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:17am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Glum as f**k
9 - taken a point off in the knowledge that our limitations would have been cruelly exposed on the biggest stage (a la Euro 2012 - if you thought Eriksen having a field day on Tuesday night in a play-off was bad, just imagine the likes of Neymar or Messi doing their thing against us at the tournament itself with the whole world watching!), at least we've been spared that humiliation. 

Still really down in the dumps though. Gonna really miss the buzz that we had in the build-up to Euro 2016. Cry

This just dawned on me
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:20am

No competitive football for a year. And then it's the Nations League. Teams in that would hammer us if we lined up like we did the other night, in terms of formation/tactics.

The Euros qualifying, if we get through is for 2 games in Dublin and one somewhere else. Not the same.

World Cup 2022 is in Qatar. Who would be arsed going even if we made it. It's already the biggest shambles in International Football history.

2024 is our next chance at qualifying for a "real" tournament - i.e a tournament in one place that isn't Qatar in the Winter. That is almost a decade away. 8 and a half years.

Add into the mix that our brand of football is at best awful on the eye. That we were a tactical disgrace the other night and I don't see how the management can come back. That many long term servants will retire. That we will have a very long time to mull over probably the worst defeat (relative to occasion and opposition) in 20 years.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:22am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

The drive back from Dublin was soul destroying. I can't even bring myself to talk about it. </span>

well you’ve mentioned it enough!

Glum as f**k. No away trips to look forward for a year!
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:23am
7 - very disappointed. we'll get over it, feel sorry for the players , a lot us put time and effort and money into it too... my friends two kids were crying going to bed
when it comes to defeats I thought i'd never get over 1997, 99, 2009 was the worse. but we had 2011 and 2015 ahead of us , time heals, it was good campaign great highs and lows, football eh..
unfortunately this could be the last real worldcup , Europe,  summer , one country
Come on Irelind
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:27am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

The drive back from Dublin was soul destroying. I can't even bring myself to talk about it. </span>

well you’ve mentioned it enough!

Glum as f**k. No away trips to look forward for a year!

I need some of ye f**kers to acknowledge my pain LOL
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:27am
Just needed to get yesterday to get it out of my system but it's groundhog day again .

Just plain upset , but as I sit here at work with my Ireland shirt I spit in the face of pain as I know there will be better times coming as I console myself with Germany at home and Bosnia , Austria and Wales away .

We are Irish one and all never defeated  .

8.5 /10
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:31am

After the game I was about a 10, yesterday I was to hungover to really care. Today I have to say awell its football sh*t happens. Long way to March now though.

bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:32am
9. Back in work today and wasn't in 2 minutes until some lads were on to me sl*gging off and saying you wont me going to Russia now. Fcuk off would ya
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:36am
Back in work in the occupied 6 so I'm at an 11 on the glum scale
Oleoshea View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleoshea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:41am
9. Its going to take a long time to get over this. March 2019 until Euros qualifying begins again and some potentially tough Nations League games coming up this time next year (maybe Denmark again- no thanksUnhappy)
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:46am
Getting better. Yesterday was depressing. Looking at our underage players though made me less so. We have some good young players. Just need the right man at the helm. Is O'Neill the type to bring in young lads? He'll have no choice if there's a plethora of retirements.
Danger here, OH NO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic