Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=55891
Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 11:59am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Glum scale
Posted By: OohAah...
Subject: Glum scale
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 10:54am
In contrast to the Nervousness scale before games.. this one is a similar scale but for Post campaign lack of qualification.

Currently at 10. Long way before a ball will be kicked again in anger... Doubts over manager and moved loved players.

Glum as f**k

Replies:
Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:01am
This. 

10 also for me.
Nearly would have been easier to handle had we not got a result against Wales (Though wouldn't have traded that night away for anything).

Posted By: stokeirish
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:03am
Glum-ish. No use burying our heads in the sand. This feels like our chickens have come home to roost and we do have problems BUT I think MON and a few older players will go now and it could be an exciting time with a new manager and changes coming into the team

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:06am
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

In contrast to the Nervousness scale before games.. this one is a similar scale but for Post campaign lack of qualification.

Currently at 10. Long way before a ball will be kicked again in anger... Doubts over manager and moved loved players.

Glum as f**k
9 - taken a point off in the knowledge that our limitations would have been cruelly exposed on the biggest stage (a la Euro 2012 - if you thought Eriksen having a field day on Tuesday night in a play-off was bad, just imagine the likes of Neymar or Messi doing their thing against us at the tournament itself with the whole world watching!), at least we've been spared that humiliation. 

Still really down in the dumps though. Gonna really miss the buzz that we had in the build-up to Euro 2016. Cry

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:09am

9 - Clinical depression, which is heightened by the obvious knowledge that football shouldn't have anywhere near this sort of impact on your state of mind or life. I feel like a long term beloved family pet has died.  

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: kearney304
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:11am
It's as bad as it gets for me. Just feel empty.

I feel like a long term beloved family pet has died - this for me but a lot stronger. Serious grieving / emptiness. 

The drive back from Dublin was soul destroying. I can't even bring myself to talk about it. 

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:15am

Football will break your heart more than any women ever could but we will have some big moments again. Keep the faith

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Posted By: OohAah...
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:17am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Glum as f**k
9 - taken a point off in the knowledge that our limitations would have been cruelly exposed on the biggest stage (a la Euro 2012 - if you thought Eriksen having a field day on Tuesday night in a play-off was bad, just imagine the likes of Neymar or Messi doing their thing against us at the tournament itself with the whole world watching!), at least we've been spared that humiliation. 

Still really down in the dumps though. Gonna really miss the buzz that we had in the build-up to Euro 2016. Cry

This just dawned on me

Posted By: E2016
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:20am

No competitive football for a year. And then it's the Nations League. Teams in that would hammer us if we lined up like we did the other night, in terms of formation/tactics.

The Euros qualifying, if we get through is for 2 games in Dublin and one somewhere else. Not the same.

World Cup 2022 is in Qatar. Who would be arsed going even if we made it. It's already the biggest shambles in International Football history.

2024 is our next chance at qualifying for a "real" tournament - i.e a tournament in one place that isn't Qatar in the Winter. That is almost a decade away. 8 and a half years.

Add into the mix that our brand of football is at best awful on the eye. That we were a tactical disgrace the other night and I don't see how the management can come back. That many long term servants will retire. That we will have a very long time to mull over probably the worst defeat (relative to occasion and opposition) in 20 years.

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:22am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

The drive back from Dublin was soul destroying. I can't even bring myself to talk about it. </span>

well you’ve mentioned it enough!

Glum as f**k. No away trips to look forward for a year!

Posted By: mandrake
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:23am
7 - very disappointed. we'll get over it, feel sorry for the players , a lot us put time and effort and money into it too... my friends two kids were crying going to bed
when it comes to defeats I thought i'd never get over 1997, 99, 2009 was the worse. but we had 2011 and 2015 ahead of us , time heals, it was good campaign great highs and lows, football eh..
unfortunately this could be the last real worldcup , Europe,  summer , one country

-------------
Come on Irelind

Posted By: kearney304
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:27am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

The drive back from Dublin was soul destroying. I can't even bring myself to talk about it. </span>

well you’ve mentioned it enough!

Glum as f**k. No away trips to look forward for a year!

I need some of ye f**kers to acknowledge my pain LOL

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:27am
Just needed to get yesterday to get it out of my system but it's groundhog day again .

Just plain upset , but as I sit here at work with my Ireland shirt I spit in the face of pain as I know there will be better times coming as I console myself with Germany at home and Bosnia , Austria and Wales away .

We are Irish one and all never defeated  .

8.5 /10

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: PaulB
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:31am

After the game I was about a 10, yesterday I was to hungover to really care. Today I have to say awell its football sh*t happens. Long way to March now though.

Posted By: bogball88
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:32am
9. Back in work today and wasn't in 2 minutes until some lads were on to me sl*gging off and saying you wont me going to Russia now. Fcuk off would ya

Posted By: notpropaganda73
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:36am
Back in work in the occupied 6 so I'm at an 11 on the glum scale

Posted By: Oleoshea
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:41am
9. Its going to take a long time to get over this. March 2019 until Euros qualifying begins again and some potentially tough Nations League games coming up this time next year (maybe Denmark again- no thanksUnhappy)

Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:46am
Getting better. Yesterday was depressing. Looking at our underage players though made me less so. We have some good young players. Just need the right man at the helm. Is O'Neill the type to bring in young lads? He'll have no choice if there's a plethora of retirements.

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: Stickittotheman
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:46am
I am at a 9. I feel really sh*te for letting football get to me so much, this is then making me feel worse so pushing towards a 10.

-------------
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:47am
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Would have been at least 20 if they'd qualified!

-------------

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:48am
Not a bother on me.
Wasn't expecting us to win due to the fact we didn't score in Kobenhavn.

Concentrating now on my u14s winning the league this Saturday, there's always another game.

LOI football is back in February folks so you don't need to wait 12 months for 'competitive football'

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: Stickittotheman
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:48am

I couldn't have faced work if they had. Just couldn't have faced it.

-------------
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:49am
Will be doing my usual trek to Liverpool on Saturday for the Southampton game - Currently have very little interest in it. My glum scale will go through the roof when Shane Long inevitably breaks his duck.

Posted By: cliffrichard
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:52am
Worse today than yesterday. I reckon at least 22,000 km travelled watching the team during this campaign. I think that's around half way around the circumference of the earth. Just to see us getting mullered by Denmark. Hope they go and win the f****r next summer, sound people but also will put Tuesday into perspective. Not likely to happen is it? 

Thank God I'm old enough to remember 90, 94 and 02 as I can't see us ever qualifying for the Big Show again any time soon. 

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:56am

Was at 10 the previous two days. Looking ahead to the NL and Euro 2020 qualifying has taken the edge off it slightly.  

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:57am

The only positive from the night was we didn't do the Icelandic clap

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:59am
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Thank God I'm old enough to remember 90, 94 and 02 as I can't see us ever qualifying for the Big Show again any time soon. 
Shure it'll be 48 teams soon, we'll be grand again then.

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:00pm
More an 8 or a 9 on a rage scale rather than a glum scale

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: Bo Jackson
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:02pm

Was 10 yesterday. I've had plenty of personal setbacks this year to know football shouldn't have as much hold over me but I was on edge all day Tuesday dreaming of qualifying and the sheer emotion there would have been in the stadium.

As mentioned earlier, the next World Cup will be a shambles and the next one after that will have 40 teams. You'll be breaking the bank just to see your team qualify for the last 24/32 or whatever it will be. Russia was our last chance to qualify for a decent World Cup. Cry

And we were an hour of football away from doing it until we f**ked it up Angry

-------------
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!

Posted By: Icy Bread People
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:07pm
The reality didn't really kick in till last night. I was just numb, and half cut, leaving the stadium. 
I'm pissed off with MON, and Roy, for being pretty clueless throughout the campaign.
I'm pissed off with Hendrick and Brady because they've offered nothing to the team. 
We've no top players coming through and our next match isn't till March 2019. 
Can't wait till LOI starts again, I can seek refuge in the bar in Dalymount. 

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:08pm
I would go one further and say it took us 3 minutes to f**k it up. Them first two goals for Denmark was the end of our campaign and we knew it. 3 poxy minutes after all the effort by fans and players over the last 14 months . Football can be a right ****.

-------------

Posted By: adineen98
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:11pm
Currently I'm at about a 5. Keep seeing articles about who has qualified and it just reminds me of how much we ballsed this up. Yesterday I was off the scales, could hardly think I was so stunned by what happened on Tuesday night.

-------------
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Posted By: Icy Bread People
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

I would go one further and say it took us 3 minutes to f**k it up. Them first two goals for Denmark was the end of our campaign and we knew it. 3 poxy minutes after all the effort by fans and players over the last 14 months . Football can be a right ****.

Come on, we f**ked up in all our home games this campaign. We were just found out on Tuesday, it was always going to happen. Any half decent team would have put to the sword 10 man Serbia and 10 man Wales but the management and the players hadn't the bottle or composure or skills. 

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:23pm
10. No competitive internationals until basically 2019. No live football until LOI starts up again. Grim, grim times. 

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Icy Bread People Icy Bread People wrote:

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Come on, we f**ked up in all our home games this campaign. We were just found out on Tuesday, it was always going to happen. Any half decent team would have put to the sword 10 man Serbia and 10 man Wales but the management and the players hadn't the bottle or composure or skills. 

That’s bull. By 10pm Saturday night we knew a home win would put us in Russia. It doesnt get better than that for us and the group stages were water under the bridge by then. Even going back to the groups for arguments sake we didn’t once look like we would finish ahead of Serbia.

-------------

Posted By: notpropaganda73
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:28pm

Stop they're hard enough to listen to as is! LOL

Posted By: SportingRizzlaCF
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:30pm

Had low levels of expectation going into the two legs. Still pretty devestating though.

I do however look towards a new campaign without the bandwagoneers. Hopefully better access to away tickets.

-------------
Seamus Coleman is Sligo ONLY

Posted By: planning
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:31pm
The worst is still to come. It's not too bad atm. When we're watching the sides that qualified getting ready for it, (some using us as preparation for their tournament) then watching e.g. Mexico v South Africa in the tournament itself, that's when the reality of not qualifying hits home.

Nothing will beat the 2010 World Cup though. After what happened to us, the tournament had a black mark over it imo. I watched bits and pieces of games, and the most I watched was the final, but never a full 90 minutes.

Posted By: kopkid
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:33pm
Will take a long time to get over

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:38pm
The only consolation From Tuesday's game if there is any .... We weren't nearly good enough . If we had of been close or hard done by I'd be at a 10 but stilling at 8 .

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:48pm
Felt really bad after the game.
Still bad yesterday morning.
Worse in the airport with seemingly Danish fans everywhere as I sipped my last pint.
Thankfully none on the flight back to Munich

V Long wait for next international so back to Bayern Regionliga on Monday night with 1860.

Posted By: Ibaraki
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

The worst is still to come. It's not too bad atm. When we're watching the sides that qualified getting ready for it, (some using us as preparation for their tournament) then watching e.g. Mexico v South Africa in the tournament itself, that's when the reality of not qualifying hits home.

Nothing will beat the 2010 World Cup though. After what happened to us, the tournament had a black mark over it imo. I watched bits and pieces of games, and the most I watched was the final, but never a full 90 minutes.

Don't be silly LOL

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 1:02pm
1 - mildly disappointed.

More important things in life than football.

Probably hasn't kicked in yet though.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 1:17pm
Broken,few annoying Austrians rubbing it in too,sickening.

Off to Paris with herself next weekend and to Treviso to see Leinster play the week after, would much rather be spending my days on skyscanner looking at ways in and out of Russia.

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 1:18pm
What about a YBIG weekend away when the World Cup is on ? Head to Torun for 3-4 days and drink beer , soak up the sun , play a bit of ball and coincide it with a Polish game or pick another city that made it to Russia . Only a problem thought so don't go ballistic

Posted By: kevjreilly
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 1:20pm
10- Don't know why but I am listening to all the podcasts I can but still my conclusion was we were sh*te.

-------------
Read it 3 times before posting

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 1:21pm
This is the worst I've felt after a game of football ever. Think the long break won't help either.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 1:30pm

Have had a monkey load of disappointment's with Ireland since 1972 and today it hit me worse than a lot more. Euro 2020 doesn't appeal to me as the format is a horse load of sh*t and 2 day trips to Dublin wont get anywhere near a Tournament experience . Dublin is up there with the biggest rip off cities in the world again and I would hate to think what the price of everything will go to.

The next real Tournament is 2024 as Quatar will be a disaster as well and by then ill be in my 60's !!!!

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Have had a monkey load of disappointment's with Ireland since 1972 and today it hit me worse than a lot more. Euro 2020 doesn't appeal to me as the format is a horse load of sh*t and 2 day trips to Dublin wont get anywhere near a Tournament experience . Dublin is up there with the biggest rip off cities in the world again and I would hate to think what the price of everything will go to.

The next real Tournament is 2024 as Quatar will be a disaster as well and by then ill be in my 60's !!!!
Sure it'll be great to have tournament matches on our own doorstep for convenience but as you say, it would be nowhere near the same as being at a tournament in a single country. Being at Euro 2016 proved that.  It was my 1st time at a tournament and it was an even better experience than I thought or hoped it would be, I absolutely loved it and came home wanting more of it for Russia.

Now, that's gone and the next 'proper' tournament won't be until Euro 2024, 7 years away! (I'm in no rush for Qatar either and I can't see that tournament being taken off them).  God knows what will be happening in our lives by then.

-------------

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 2:31pm
10. Just feel that something is missing. Have no trips booked for the first time in about four years so nothing to look forward to. Hopefully the friendly will be announced soon as it might help somewhat. In college so this was probably my best chance of a tournament without being tied down in a job so was badly wanting to go to Russia.

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 2:37pm
Having a look at the pots for the World Cup draw and figuring out who I would have wanted has bumped me to 9.5

Poland, Swiss, Ireland, Saudi Arabia

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 2:43pm
Probably won't see a World Cup in a football country - its depressing and as been pointed out the 2020 euros dround Europe is a load of sh*te

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 2:54pm
definitely got too worked up before it!It has left a very empty, hollow feeling...Lost my wallet the same day which hasn't helped!No LOI either for a few months so bad time!At least xmas is coming up!

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

1 - mildly disappointed.

More important things in life than football.

Probably hasn't kicked in yet though.

Agreed.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: alihau41
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 3:19pm
kick in the balls being asked that question of "so as Ireland aren't in the WC, who will you follow instead?". French lads expecting me to say france, but f**k that and f**k france.

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

10. Just feel that something is missing. Have no trips booked for the first time in about four years so nothing to look forward to. Hopefully the friendly will be announced soon as it might help somewhat. In college so this was probably my best chance of a tournament without being tied down in a job so was badly wanting to go to Russia.

Jaysis. Never even considered going to aways as a student. Where do lads get the money. I would have thought when you are working is your best chance of going to a tournament.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Jaysis. Never even considered going to aways as a student. Where do lads get the money. I would have thought when you are working is your best chance of going to a tournament. 
College ?
My first away match I was still in school.
And all paid for by myself (part-time job).

And it was fcukin expensive back then, I'd say the equivalent today of about €2k for a two night trip.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

College ?

And it was fcukin expensive back then, I'd say the equivalent today of about €2k for a two night trip.

What were you doing rolling with Abbey and still at school?

Posted By: Bo Jackson
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

kick in the balls being asked that question of "so as Ireland aren't in the WC, who will you follow instead?". French lads expecting me to say france, but f**k that and f**k france.

I'd always follow Italy. I don't even have that anymore

-------------
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

College ?

What were you doing rolling with Abbey and still at school?
Fcuk off.
Ray Treacy Travel LOL

-------------

Posted By: Scoop101
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 5:16pm
Lads, Tuesday was on a par with how I felt walking out of a rainy Anfield in 1995 after getting schooled by Holland.
Only scrap of comfort is that we then pressed the reset button and there began a couple of play off defeats and then qualification for World Cup 2002. Back then the worry was we don’t have players coming through but we found them.

That’s what I’m clinging to anyway.....still gutted though.

Posted By: Strazdas
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 6:09pm
One question I'm asking since Tuesday is what would have happened if Christie had cleared that very scrappy half chance off the line.

The Danes were creating a lot though and there's no guarantee Ireland could have kept them out for 90 minutes.

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

One question I'm asking since Tuesday is what would have happened if Christie had cleared that very scrappy half chance off the line.

The Danes were creating a lot though and there's no guarantee Ireland could have kept them out for 90 minutes.

Don't kill yourself with "What if's" - Would drive you mad !

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 6:14pm
When the draw is made it will be like another twist of the knife

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Don't kill yourself with "What if's" - Would drive you mad !

I won't! My gut feeling is that it was not a game changer. It probably just made the difference between us going out by a big margin compared to a small margin.

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 7:21pm

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Between working weekends and summers I've managed to go to 3 games of the Euros, Vienna, Georgia, Cardiff and Copenhagen. With college I have summers off and I wouldn't have thought twice about going to Russia until we got knocked out(thats if we had qualified unfortunately) as I am under no pressure, but with a full time job I feel that it wouldn't have to plan it better with holidays and the likes.

Posted By: Fitz
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 7:53pm
A strong 9.

-------------

Posted By: stokeirish
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 8:00pm

And he should have

Posted By: adineen98
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 9:04pm

My question is if McClean had scored when one on one with Schmeicel, albeit at a tight angle. If he had taken it on his right foot it would have been 2-0 and us very comfortable...

-------------
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Posted By: 1874eire
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

My question is if McClean had scored when one on one with Schmeicel, albeit at a tight angle. If he had taken it on his right foot it would have been 2-0 and us very comfortable...

In 2009 I used to stay awake thinking what if Keane or Duff had scored either of their one v ones, Keanes in particular was guilt edged. I will be thinking the same about McCleans although it was a harder chance than either of them.

Posted By: shanemuc
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 9:26pm

Its sort of like that rare time when you were on the blink of getting a super fit chic, all the hard work and effort is so hard but kinda of paying off, She is way above your league but the drink is flowing and the mood is right...her eyes ...you can see your close to kissy time....then her massive mate with cankles comes and throws her into a taxi.. you went from having so much hope to nothing. Nothing!

Posted By: raclle
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 9:33pm
I hit stage 6 the min they equalized and shot up to 10 few mins later but has dipped to about 7 since.

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

Also Murphy's header which flew a couple of inches over the bar.

We can't ignore though that the Danes were going just as close at the other end. The one that Randolph turned around the post was a better chance than either McClean's or Murphy's. A part of me thinks that even if Christie boots that scuffed half chance off the line, the Danes might have equalised anyway before HT (but leading to a much lower scoring game obviously).

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 3:12pm
Bump. Fairly high up the glum scale right now

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 3:24pm
fairly disillusioned alright. I'd say it's about a 9...if a bottom seed beads us then it's a ten

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 3:52pm
lower than Stan levelsOuch

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 3:54pm
Agreed. At least in the Stan days we knew we had the nucleus of a good side, now we have bad players and a bad manager!

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 4:06pm
Would you ever change the f**king record.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Agreed. At least in the Stan days we knew we had the nucleus of a good side, now we have bad players and a bad manager!

Don't forget the general lack of belief which purveys the squad too. Don't think the players themselves really thought they could get back into the game once we'd gone 1-0 down last night. Once you sprinkle some lack of up-and-coming talent seasoning into the mix then the doldrums soup is ready for serving.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 4:12pm

What would you like? Some jazz?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 4:16pm

Some positive!

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 4:17pm
There isn't any!

-------------

Posted By: Joe Stalin
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 5:33pm

It’s as low as I remember and I’ve been going for 30 years. Not the senior team necessarily - they're just the symptom - but the general state of Irish football. Absolutely shocking how we’ve been left behind by other sports. No obvious sign of change coming either

Posted By: amccarten313
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 5:35pm
8.5/10

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 7:09pm

Some positive!
im really struggling to find any

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 7:30pm

Depressingly true.

Stevie Ireland in the hole behind Robbie Clap

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 7:32pm

Some positive!

Martin O'Neill will one day be sacked.

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: Fatnacho
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 9:46pm
Biggest reason to be glum is how everything has gone to sh*t so quickly. This time 2 years ago, we were top of our World Cup qualifying group coming off an encouraging Euro tournament. Coleman, McClean and Long coming into their prime supported by up and coming players like Hendrick and Brady. Future looked bright.The last time we went from such enthusiasm to despair so rapidly was the end of the McCarthy reign.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net