FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glum scale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glum scale
    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 9:46pm
Biggest reason to be glum is how everything has gone to sh*t so quickly. This time 2 years ago, we were top of our World Cup qualifying group coming off an encouraging Euro tournament. Coleman, McClean and Long coming into their prime supported by up and coming players like Hendrick and Brady. Future looked bright.The last time we went from such enthusiasm to despair so rapidly was the end of the McCarthy reign.
Sponsored Links

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Some positive!

Martin O'Neill will one day be sacked.
The only way is up
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Agreed. At least in the Stan days we knew we had the nucleus of a good side, now we have bad players and a bad manager!

Depressingly true.

Stevie Ireland in the hole behind Robbie Clap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 7:09pm

Would you ever change the f**king record.

What would you like? Some jazz?

Some positive!
im really struggling to find any
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 5:35pm
8.5/10
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 5:33pm

It’s as low as I remember and I’ve been going for 30 years. Not the senior team necessarily - they're just the symptom - but the general state of Irish football. Absolutely shocking how we’ve been left behind by other sports. No obvious sign of change coming either

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 4:17pm
There isn't any!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 4:16pm

Some positive!
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 4:12pm

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 4:10pm

Agreed. At least in the Stan days we knew we had the nucleus of a good side, now we have bad players and a bad manager!

Don't forget the general lack of belief which purveys the squad too. Don't think the players themselves really thought they could get back into the game once we'd gone 1-0 down last night. Once you sprinkle some lack of up-and-coming talent seasoning into the mix then the doldrums soup is ready for serving.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 4:06pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 3:54pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 3:52pm
lower than Stan levelsOuch
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 3:24pm
fairly disillusioned alright. I'd say it's about a 9...if a bottom seed beads us then it's a ten
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 3:12pm
Bump. Fairly high up the glum scale right now
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

One question I'm asking since Tuesday is what would have happened if Christie had cleared that very scrappy half chance off the line.

The Danes were creating a lot though and there's no guarantee Ireland could have kept them out for 90 minutes.

My question is if McClean had scored when one on one with Schmeicel, albeit at a tight angle. If he had taken it on his right foot it would have been 2-0 and us very comfortable...

Also Murphy's header which flew a couple of inches over the bar.

We can't ignore though that the Danes were going just as close at the other end. The one that Randolph turned around the post was a better chance than either McClean's or Murphy's. A part of me thinks that even if Christie boots that scuffed half chance off the line, the Danes might have equalised anyway before HT (but leading to a much lower scoring game obviously).
raclle View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

I love points

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raclle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 9:33pm
I hit stage 6 the min they equalized and shot up to 10 few mins later but has dipped to about 7 since.
shanemuc View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanemuc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 9:26pm

Its sort of like that rare time when you were on the blink of getting a super fit chic, all the hard work and effort is so hard but kinda of paying off, She is way above your league but the drink is flowing and the mood is right...her eyes ...you can see your close to kissy time....then her massive mate with cankles comes and throws her into a taxi.. you went from having so much hope to nothing. Nothing!

Edited by shanemuc - 16 Nov 2017 at 9:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic