You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liam Miller

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 19>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 8:06am
Tragic news, far too young.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 8:20am
Rest In Peace . Too young
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 8:29am
Desperately sad news....RIP
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 8:54am
Awful news
The Lyon game where Liam scored a header was one of the best games I was ever at. I remember the buzz and excitement when he broke onto the scene that season
RIP
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Awful news
The Lyon game where Liam scored a header was one of the best games I was ever at. I remember the buzz and excitement when he broke onto the scene that season
RIP

I remember it well Liam was quality that night he scored some cracking goals for Sunderland too.

Clap
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 9:03am
RIP. So tragic for any young father to die so young and leave behind his family like that.

Remember that Lyon game and the excitement after. Amazing performance, Fergie leaving as soon as he was subbed. Larson saying after the game he is the best in the world for his age. Remember reading all of the stories on teletext and the praise he was getting from all over. There was pure excitement that we had a new superstar.

Ok, for whatever reason it didn't reach the level that was expected, maybe the early injuries limited his physical potential.

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 9:04am
Condolences to family and friends
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 9:18am
its a bit mad when you think of players who had cancer in the uk you think about Stubbs, Hartson, Petrov and now tragically our own Liam Miller. They all played for Celtic. I can't really think of anyone else in British football who had cancer during their playing career. Strange coincidence.
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 9:23am
Very sad news. And makes you realise how lucky we all are once you have your health. RIP.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 9:25am
Terrible news. RIP Liam .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 9:44am
Horrible news. Seemed to deteriorate so fast. Should be playing out the end of his career now. Awful. RIPCry
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 10:31am
What puts this in perspective as to his age is that a player hardly a year older than him has just hung up his international boots. A truly sad and shocking thing to happen, and condolences to those left behind. So incredibly sad.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 11:26am
RIP Liam. 

Very sad news. Going on the multiple tributes to him, it says a lot about the man that in an industry where people are mainly just teammates for a period of time before moving on, he seemed to make friends wherever he went, across a variety of teams & different levels of football. 

Career wise, he never really lived up to the early promise he showed at Celtic, and it is very easy for any of us to say that with the benefit of hindsight, but what young footballer on the way up (as he was back then) turns down the biggest club in the world when they come looking for you. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 12:20pm
Nice picture of him and his family here.

Heart breaking news for his family.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
barcabhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barcabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 1:25pm
Sad news. RIP Liam
For these games, you must keep a cold heart no, a warm heart and a cold mind no, head! So you must have a warm heart and (pause)a cold head.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 1:40pm
Only 36, way too young.
He was living the life that millions of kids dream about - professional footballer.
RIP Liam.

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 1:55pm
Fecking Cancer . Sad it really is as so many has it taken Cry
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
niallmc View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niallmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 2:34pm
Very sad news.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 19>
  Share Topic