You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liam Miller

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 9:06am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Hah, some of the proceeds are going to a fund for seriously injured GAA players. Let's not get too carried away now TJ.

While it has gone from a fundraiser for his family and something they had control over (in terms of them being the ones who decided, presumably, to give a portion of the fund to the Marymount Hospice) to something bigger than that, ultimately everyone will end up in a better position. That's the bigger picture here. If Liam Miller's family end up with more than they would have done had it been held at Turner's Cross, if the hospice end up with more, and if a few GAA players who have suffered horrific injuries get a few quid too, then everyone is a winner.

Why can't the GAA run their own charity event if they are so concerned about their former players with horrific injuries? Or better yet, give the gate for the Galway v Clare replay to their fund?

Whilst I accept that Liam Miller's family and the hospice will benefit more than they would have from Turner's Cross, this is mafia behaviour from the GAA.
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 10:27am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Your last point makes no sense, but at least you're consistent. I'm not surprised your a GAA head, I always had you down as a conservative, FF voting catholic.

You moan about how bad the GAA is in comparison to soccer, and then when someone defends the GAA by comparing it to soccer, you accuse them of having a "typical GAA mentality". As I said, hopelessly ironic.

Surprise surprise, I'm absolutely none of those things. It's nice to see you have an active imagination though LOL

And by the way, it's "you're", not "your" Big smile

“Your....you’re”......haha....
The O’Shea, are you Piers Morgan in disguise??

It's a nod to PM's well known penchant for pulling posters up on their grammar.
And you got it wrong. Have you found my comparison yet ? Or were you spoofing? I think we both now the answer. Get back in your box and talk sh*te about what lad with a wolfhound is signing for Dulwich Hamlet.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 10:34am

Your last point makes no sense, but at least you're consistent. I'm not surprised your a GAA head, I always had you down as a conservative, FF voting catholic.

You moan about how bad the GAA is in comparison to soccer, and then when someone defends the GAA by comparing it to soccer, you accuse them of having a "typical GAA mentality". As I said, hopelessly ironic.

Surprise surprise, I'm absolutely none of those things. It's nice to see you have an active imagination though LOL

And you got it wrong. Have you found my comparison yet ? Or were you spoofing? I think we both now the answer. Get back in your box and talk sh*te about what lad with a wolfhound is signing for Dulwich Hamlet.

How exactly did I get it wrong? You said "your a GAA head"..... Now, back into that box you mentioned son Embarrassed
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 10:35am

How exactly did I get it wrong? You said "your a GAA head"..... Now, back into that box you mentioned son Embarrassed
Because you quoted a correct post. I'm still waiting for my 'hopeless irony' to show up, when it has been then I will gladly get in it...
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Hah, some of the proceeds are going to a fund for seriously injured GAA players. Let's not get too carried away now TJ.

While it has gone from a fundraiser for his family and something they had control over (in terms of them being the ones who decided, presumably, to give a portion of the fund to the Marymount Hospice) to something bigger than that, ultimately everyone will end up in a better position. That's the bigger picture here. If Liam Miller's family end up with more than they would have done had it been held at Turner's Cross, if the hospice end up with more, and if a few GAA players who have suffered horrific injuries get a few quid too, then everyone is a winner.

Why can't the GAA run their own charity event if they are so concerned about their former players with horrific injuries? Or better yet, give the gate for the Galway v Clare replay to their fund?

Whilst I accept that Liam Miller's family and the hospice will benefit more than they would have from Turner's Cross, this is mafia behaviour from the GAA.

I don't know, why can't the FAI run a memorial for their deceased international on one of their own grounds? It works both ways... The amount of pointless mud being slung is ridiculous, the match is being held at PUC, maybe now we can actually return to focusing on what it's all about, honouring Liam Miller.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 10:40am

Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

I don't know, why can't the FAI run a memorial for their deceased international on one of their own grounds? It works both ways... The amount of pointless mud being slung is ridiculous, the match is being held at PUC, maybe now we can actually return to focusing on what it's all about, honouring Liam Miller.
So you admit you can't? Well done. Bringing the FAI into it again... 'Hopelessly ironic'. LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 10:40am

Because you quoted a correct post. I'm still waiting for my 'hopeless irony' to show up, when it has been then I will gladly get in it...

That makes absolutely no sense. You made a basic grammatical error that you've pulled numerous people up on before, get over yourself and accept it.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 10:42am

That makes absolutely no sense. You made a basic grammatical error that you've pulled numerous people up on before, get over yourself and accept it.
You have serious issues with basic comprehension! Where have I denied it? 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 11:16am
Why is it that almost every thread on here goes way off track and turns into 2 posters having pointless arguement over something

Why cant the 2 off yous head off and finish this pointless sh*te over pm's and let the rest of us get back to focusing on the main issue at hsnd which is liam miller

Edited by ringerbell - 29 Jul 2018 at 11:16am
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 11:28am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Why is it that almost every thread on here goes way off track and turns into 2 posters having pointless arguement over something

Why cant the 2 off yous head off and finish this pointless sh*te over pm's and let the rest of us get back to focusing on the main issue at hsnd which is liam miller
Over PM's what?
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 11:31am

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Over PM's what?

Whatever you want im sure you can find something to cry about over them dont really care as long as it gets this topic back on track
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 11:38am
LOL
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 11:58am

The GAA if they had any grace or dignity would allow the match to go ahead without pre-conditions or ''what's in it for us'' mentality.

How much of the proceeds will go to GAA players?   Why could  they not arrange their own day for another time?  This day should be about Liam Miller and Liam Miller only.  The GAA if they were so kind hearted, have never held big fundraisers for their players before to my knowledge. Why now?  So now they want to take a portion of a dead football players money to make sure it goes to true gaels.  They are an absolute disgrace and had to be shamed into it in front of the national media for nigh on 10 days to allow it to go ahead with a grudge.  Even their statement is David Brent-esque.  ''The Miller family would like to thank the GAA''.

As for the pitch markings, how is that going to work?  How can you turn a GAA pitch into a football pitch in 20 mins without it looking ridiculous?  It takes time to wash lines off and repaint a pitch.

Edited by Trap junior - 29 Jul 2018 at 11:58am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 12:20pm
SGBs on the YBIG tradesman thread looking for grass painters, it’ll be grand 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 12:36pm
ClapExcellently put TJ.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 5:22pm
This has been turned into a complete farce by the grab all mafia, the coonts and anybody who supports them should be fckin ashamed of themselves if they agree with this outcome
The Big Toe Area View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Toe Area Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Great game of hurling held in croker today watched by over 55,000 Irish bigots. Typical Grab All Association playing for the draw.
Next up we have cork v limerick tomorrow which should be watched by about 75,000 bigots. 

New rules were brought in to try and avoid replays, but carry on with your ignorant nonsense. Good lad.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

This has been turned into a complete farce by the grab all mafia, the coonts and anybody who supports them should be fckin ashamed of themselves if they agree with this outcome

The same could be said about the fai
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
  Share Topic