Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liam Miller

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 19>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 1:54pm
Twitter user Lisa Hewitt said her local football club were fundraising to get their own facilities, local GAA club agreed to host the fundraiser and got fined 3K by Headquarters.

Fook off.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 2:30pm
It's on Twitter so it must be true.
We're decent enough..
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

There's not a hope they'd get 45k at this in PUC. 

GAA-bashing for the sake of it

That is true, but they'll only get 7,000 for Turner's Cross.  10,000 at PUC means more money for the Millers. 

This is not GAA bashing for the sake of it by any means Shedite.

Only 11,000 there last Saturday for Clare Wexford ffs had no problems sticking that down there.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Great reply, take a bow.  Why would this girl tell porkies about it?
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 3:20pm

That is true, but they'll only get 7,000 for Turner's Cross.  10,000 at PUC means more money for the Millers. 

It's a game to remember and raise funds for an ex-Cork City player, being held in Cork City's stadium. The football stadium of his home town. You're saying he should move it to a stadium he's never played in, the stadium of a sport he never played, on a pitch that's far too big for the sport? It's like saying the Ireland/Denmark game should be moved to Croke Park just because it'd fit more people in.

GAA and the catholic church are the favorite targets for rants on the forum. It's like Christmas for some people when they can mention both in the same argument.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 3:27pm

It's a game to remember and raise funds for an ex-Cork City player, being held in Cork City's stadium. The football stadium of his home town. You're saying he should move it to a stadium he's never played in, the stadium of a sport he never played, on a pitch that's far too big for the sport? It's like saying the Ireland/Denmark game should be moved to Croke Park just because it'd fit more people in.

GAA and the catholic church are the favorite targets for rants on the forum. It's like Christmas for some people when they can mention both in the same argument.

LOL
Well said.
You forgot to say and a stadium that'll be far too big for the crowd that will attend.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 19 Jul 2018 at 3:31pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 3:31pm
I wonder why people dislike the GAA and the Holy Roman Empire? What have they ever done?

While the points you make may be correct, the problem is that the GAA would not, under any circumstances, help a charitable event if it meant allowing a foreign game in. That backward bigotry is the crux of the matter
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 3:34pm

Liam did play there for Eire Og when he was younger, Captained them there actually.
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I wonder why people dislike the GAA and the Holy Roman Empire? What have they ever done?

Yes, I often wonder that myself. A great organisation to be involved with, offers so much to all sections of a community.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Yes, I often wonder that myself. A great organisation to be involved with, offers so much to all sections of a community.

I would completely concur with that. My life abroad would be a lot poorer had I not got involved with the GAA.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 3:47pm
I would have a different view of them. In fact, being able to avoid them is the greatest thing about living abroad!
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Dr. Pat Dr. Pat wrote:

Liam did play there for Eire Og when he was younger, Captained them there actually.
GAA Grounds cannot be used for other activities unless agreed at Congress. 
The use of Croke Pk was passed at Congress and the uses of it are agreed at management.

It is impossible for PUC or any other GAA Ground to be opened to any any other activities unless it has passed at Congress.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 5:15pm
[QUOTE=pre Madonna] If the GAA were going to make a few hundred thousand 

The outcome would actually have been the same, as they wouldn't bypass the rule like that.

The rules may be old, archaic and inconsistent with the decision to release Croke Park in 2007, but the rule would need to be changed by Congress.

This might be a lesson for them, but without the time to do it, the rule has to stand, so it's the rule rather than the GAA (in this case) that people should be shaking their fists at.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 5:50pm
I'll stick to shaking them at the GAA!
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 6:24pm
Anyone defending the GAA here needs to look at themselves.

Hiding behind Rule 42, absolutely pathetic.

I watch GAA, my nephews excel at football and hurling in a safe, superbly coached environment, they have become outstanding young men as a result of good parenting but also being part of an excellent GAA club so lest anyone think I'm a GAA basher, I ain't.

But I'm bashing them on this. It's indefensible and wrong. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 6:26pm

Oh I don't know, why would someone compare the GAA to the Orange Order? Perhaps because they don't like them very much?
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 6:28pm

Oh I don't know, why would someone compare the GAA to the Orange Order? Perhaps because they don't like them very much?
Who actually compared them to the Orange Order? I find that hugely offensive...

...to the brethren!
superp View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 7:01pm
THE COST ALONE TO RUN AN EVENT LIKE THIS IS MASSIVE SO OBVIOUSLY HAVING THE BIGGER VENUE WOULD ALLOW A BIGGER PROFIT PERCENTAGE TO GO TO THE FAMILY. THE COST OF SECURITY, GARDA PRESENCE, HOTELS, MEALS, ENTERTAINMENT ETC HAVE TO BE PAID BEFORE ANYTHING GOES TO THE CAUSE. EVEN IF THEY HALF FILLED THE G.A.A. GROUND THAT 13000 MORE €50.THATS A HELL OF ALOT OF EXTRA MONEY TO GO TO A GOOD CAUSE AND WOULD CERTAINLY ENCOURAGE MORE OF THESE EVENTS TO TAKE PLACE FOR GOOD CAUSES AND ENCOURGE THE BIG NAME EX PLAYER TO TAKE PART AND ALSO ALLOW FOOTBALL FAN TO SEE THE PLAYERS/ HEROS FROM THERE YOUTH AND INTRODUCE THEM TO A TOTALLY NEW ERA OF YOUNG FANS. IMAGINE AN EVENT LIKE THIS TAKING PLACE TO RAISE FUNDS FOR CRUMLIN HOSPITAL/CANCER RESEARCH IT WOULD GENERATE A MASSIVE AMOUNT OF MONEY. IT SHOULSNT BE A SOCCER VS GAELIC ISSUE ITS ABOUT SUPPORTING A GREAT CAUSE AND REMEMBERING SOMEONE WHO UNFORTUNITLY LEFT A YOUNG FAMILY BEHIND.
irish to the core
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 19>
  Share Topic