You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liam Miller

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 19>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 10:55am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I would personally join the Orange Order before the GAA.

Helpful comment
More helpful than someone implying you have to be a card carrying GAA member to criticise the ****s.

Who was implying that? 

Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Helpful comment
More helpful than someone implying you have to be a card carrying GAA member to criticise the ****s.

Who was implying that? 

What was the point of your post then?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 11:01am
I'm from West Cork Dinny, the difference is important to us.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 11:11am

Helpful comment

Who was implying that? 

What was the point of your post then?

Well, maybe I'll just tell you instead of having you just invent some sort of ficticious implication just to fuel some sort of vendetta you have against the GAA. 

The point I was going to make is that those that are in the GAA will know that the organisation is set up to be, in theory, the ultimate democracy in terms of everybody has their say on important decisions. Clubs -County board - Congress etc. Now, those who are in the GAA will know that in practice it can often work like an old dinosaur being run by some old dinosaurs. The decision to not have GAA grounds used for other sports is seen as a big decision hence it can only be changed by congress (daft rule in my opinion : Just allow clubs and county boards make their own decisions) so Cork really can't make their own call here and those leading the GAA can't just turn around and start changing these rules themselves, as the organisation is currently set up.
And, as I said, I'd love if there was some way that could be found for this game to happen and Pairc Ui C.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 11:13am
So is the crux of the matter here that you need to on the day of Congress whether you're going to open your grounds to foreign sports for the following year, or when? do you then have to apply for this?
I thought when they abolished rule 42 that that were the grounds open to foreign games.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

So is the crux of the matter here that you need to on the day of Congress whether you're going to open your grounds to foreign sports for the following year, or when? do you then have to apply for this?
I thought when they abolished rule 42 that that were the grounds open to foreign games.

Only for Croker 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 11:16am
If the GAA were going to make a few hundred thousand of this it wouldn't be an issue.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

So, what would need to happen is that a club would need to bring a motion to their county board on this. It would need to be approved by the county board and would then go forward to congress. 
In theory, it's important decision making driven from the ground up ant not from those at the top. 
Still baffles me at how many turkeys actually vote for Christmas in these circumstances though.

Would Musgrave Park be an option for this game to get more people in ? Not sure how the capacity compares to Turners Cross these days.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 11:21am

If the GAA were going to make a few hundred thousand of this it wouldn't be an issue.

An examples to back this up where a ground other than Croke Park has been opened up to other sports and the GAA have got a wedge for it ? 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 11:25am

An examples to back this up where a ground other than Croke Park has been opened up to other sports and the GAA have got a wedge for it ? 
Why can't we use Croke Park as an example? Did, say Mickey Jackson's concert in Pairc Uí Chaoimh go through that process?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 11:30am
There's not a hope they'd get 45k at this in PUC. 

GAA-bashing for the sake of it
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 11:37am

Why can't we use Croke Park as an example? Did, say Mickey Jackson's concert in Pairc Uí Chaoimh go through that process?

Concerts are not sports. To try and compare them knowing the previous and current GAA rules that are in place (another question whether they are right or not) might indicate that the person making this comparison may not really be in full possession of all of their faculties (How's that for a bit of implication for you !)

Edited by Borussia - 19 Jul 2018 at 11:51am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 11:47am
The point being is that the GAA don't give a f**k as long as they make money. How about the NFL in Dublin? Was Jacko here promoting GAA then? Is it not foreign music? Surely it makes more sense to keep a sports stadium for sports? Surely any use that isn't official GAA use was against the rules, otherwise those rules could be construed as bigoted, heaven forbid!
That wasn't an implication either, it was an attempt at an insult. There is a huge difference in syntax, but that's for another time.
kevj266 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevj266 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 11:55am
It's stoneage stuff from the GAA. 

But would they really get 45k people paying 50 quid a pop on a Tuesday at 3PM? 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 11:59am
I would imagine any sporting facilities would require some sort of permission to allow another sport to make use of their grounds. As has been previously mentioned, it just so happens that the GAA has a particularly long-winded permission process. It would be preferable if they just made an allowance for this situation, but the GAA is notoriously slow to make changes regarding just about everything (ie not only controversial issues such as this).
We're decent enough..
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 12:30pm
I doubt there would be many more at this , I think 7000 turners cross is a bit small but PUC would be too big...I know the GAA are not liked on these parts but I don't think theres much point here.  maybe the mayor shouldn't have said anything about approaching them
Come on Irelind
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 12:42pm

Helpful comment

Feel free to criticise all you want but comparing the GAA to that sectarian and racist organisation up north is ridiculous
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

There's not a hope they'd get 45k at this in PUC. 

GAA-bashing for the sake of it

That is true, but they'll only get 7,000 for Turner's Cross.  10,000 at PUC means more money for the Millers. 

This is not GAA bashing for the sake of it by any means Shedite.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 19>
  Share Topic