You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Denmark match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 45>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanamaHat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by greenscene greenscene wrote:

Originally posted by greenmachine68 greenmachine68 wrote:

Originally posted by TonyGawks TonyGawks wrote:

McClean statement after last night:

"Last night is going to hurt deep for a long long time, nothing can change or make what happend last night right, of course everyone is entitled to voice their opinion because it was simply not good enough from us on the night, we know that ourselves, but to stick the boot in and kick players and staff when they are down ( players and staff have been great servants to this country, players and staff that have qualified for a major tournament and was unlucky to be knocked out to a great team in the last 16, players and staff that was one game from making it to a world cup, players and staff that would give anything for this great country! ) with some over the top beyond football comments is bang out of order, hurting or not and trust me when a say this we hurt every bit as much as you do.. i am proud and honoured to be a irish man and to call everyone of these men fellow country men and team mates! Like a said this will hurt deep, we have been written of so many times before an just like before we will bounce back!"

Tears and snotters and sob stories. I think James is just being a bit cute to try and avoid the flak! There's loads of people who could have done what James done last night. Run around like a headless chicken! He's turning into a bit of a regime spokesman!
I'm glad someone else noticed this. He is far down the list of players to be slated after last night, but again when we are chasing a game (serbia at home was other example), Mclean loses all positional cop on and tries to be everywhere. This ends up hurting us

Yeah, he lacks that basic intelligence. At fault for 3rd and 5th goal because of this.
Needs to stop thinking he's some sort of spokesman too.

Sponsored Links

dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 12:37pm
Brady's free kicks were good last night absploute gobsh*te to suggest otherwise. First one caused havoc leading to the goal then second half at 2-1 down one of his corners was whipped in begging for an Irish head to connect and then the next one duffy had a good header saved.

People honestly haven't got a mind of there own the same ones probably still reckon ward has been terrible for us for years when I'm fact last night was his first bad game in years.
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 12:38pm

Yeah, he lacks that basic intelligence. At fault for 3rd and 5th goal because of this.
Needs to stop thinking he's some sort of spokesman too.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. His stupid petulant foul which the ref played advantage for lead to goal no.3
SimonCox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Dane Dane wrote:

"Denmark is at level with "Ireland"

"Eriksen is overrated"

I´m quoting thw guys here

As I said, Denmark is a much much better team than Ireland. 

I will miss the irish fans though. 

No theyre not!

Bad management at 2-1 left us open to being destroyed. One good player. Scoreline flattered you. 

Enjoy the group stages. 

And quit your gloating. You can go back to your own forum now
SimonCox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Lads the tactics were a shocker from the start. We got an early goal and still played very open with Myler on the right of a diamond against a very pacy winger. As a result Christie's limitations were exposed.   The half time subs were baffling and it turned into a shambles of individual error on top of a tactical shambles and heads dropping etc. As bad as it gets as a Ireland fan. A bit like Cyprus away.

Yes, at 1-1 when our left back is dispossessed at the half way line or beyond,we're completely open and its a 3 on 2 for denmark. Why were we so open? all the good work and organisation in the previous 11 games down the swanny.

A farce. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by SimonCox SimonCox wrote:

"Eriksen is overrated"

No theyre not!

Bad management at 2-1 left us open to being destroyed. One good player. Scoreline flattered you. 

Enjoy the group stages. 

They are, they really are. They were dancing around us. It was humiliating. The scoreline didn't flatter them.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:12pm

"Eriksen is overrated"

No theyre not!

Enjoy the group stages. 

They are and trying to say otherwise is nothing more than being a sore loser. They are a better team with the one quality player, we changed tactics, tried to be a bit more open and got punished. 
I do wonder if we had played Whelan would Eriksen have got so much space, but they should have won in Copenhagen and deserved to win last night.
SimonCox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

"Eriksen is overrated"

No theyre not!

Enjoy the group stages. 

They are and trying to say otherwise is nothing more than being a sore loser. They are a better team with the one quality player, we changed tactics, tried to be a bit more open and got punished. 
I do wonder if we had played Whelan would Eriksen have got so much space, but they should have won in Copenhagen and deserved to win last night.

theyre not a much much better team. they deserved it but were helped by bad tactics, a mental collapse and strange substitutions that left us open.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:25pm
Denmark are a better side with the best player. 4 goals better though? No, we did absolutely everything in our power to help them last night.
We're decent enough..
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:27pm

"Eriksen is overrated"

No theyre not!

Enjoy the group stages. 

Eh ? If your really that precious i suggest you don't leave your house
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
SimonCox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Denmark are a better side with the best player. 4 goals better though? No, we did absolutely everything in our power to help them last night.

spot on. people are being blinded by the goals. believing there is a serious gulf in class. what gave them that space for eriksen to have it so easy? 
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:29pm

They're definitely better than Ireland but were hugely flattered by the scoreline. Ireland were completely unbalanced in the second half, had no shape at all and gave Eriksen tons of room to unleash shot after shot at the Irish goal. Even Hareide admitted that Ireland made it too easy for them.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:29pm

spot on. people are being blinded by the goals. believing there is a serious gulf in class. what gave them that space for eriksen to have it so easy? 
If Age Hareide had made as serious a tactical blunder as MON, it is still unlikely that we would have won the game and certainly not as comfortably. That is the gulf in class. We were entirely reliant on our manager getting it right, they had a couple of different ways of winning it.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by dubstep dubstep wrote:

Brady's free kicks were good last night absploute gobsh*te to suggest otherwise. First one caused havoc leading to the goal then second half at 2-1 down one of his corners was whipped in begging for an Irish head to connect and then the next one duffy had a good header saved.

People honestly haven't got a mind of there own the same ones probably still reckon ward has been terrible for us for years when I'm fact last night was his first bad game in years.
Jaysus Confused
Take the blinkers off mate

Some people just deserve a slap
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:54pm

Ireland will never ever beat mid ranking European team 5-1.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 2:13pm
Of course not, we don't have an Eriksen standard player to put away a hat-trick. However if Denmark had imploded as badly as we did last night, I'd have no difficulty in envisioning a 3-1 victory for ourselves, much like our 3-1 aggregate victory against Bosnia. Lest we forget we were very nearly 3-0 up before Denmark equalised, which makes the 4 goal loss all the more galling.
We're decent enough..
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 2:18pm
bar a few crosses Brady offered nothing in play. absolute garbage the only one I would give credit to is Darren Randolph. it could have been 10 or 11 over the 2 legs. awful, I dont buy into mccleans whole speech defending the players. how can you defend a performance like that 5 f**king 1 at home in a world cup play off. yes the danes are better than us but they shouldn't be embarrassing us like that on our own patch with so much at stake. Can't recall a worse result if I'm honest.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 2:31pm
Work have got absolutely nothing out of me today, probably the most unproductive day ever. Its a tough pill to swallow
Some people just deserve a slap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 45>
  Share Topic