Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Denmark match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Work have got absolutely nothing out of me today, probably the most unproductive day ever. Its a tough pill to swallow

I've gone to the jacks about 5 times to cry my eyes out
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Work have got absolutely nothing out of me today, probably the most unproductive day ever. Its a tough pill to swallow

I've gone to the jacks about 5 times to cry my eyes out
The very worst of all the different types of wank.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 2:46pm
Well done Denmark, better team goes to the World Cup and in Eriksen the World Cup will be better for him playing in it.

BUT seriously, can we get an apology from the Danish government for letting Lord Bentdnar take that peno, we didn't deserve thatUnhappy
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 2:50pm
I know a fellah that was at the game last night, he has just messaged me to say he will never go to another Ireland game as he's a serious jinx. The last game was Ireland 1-6 Germany 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 2:55pm
Anyone on here in AA 19-21 last night
Some gobsh*te seat Nazi who then f**ks off to pub after third goal
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 3:01pm
got to admit that I have called for westwood to be given a chance in the recent past given his club form and when Randolph wasn't playing at west ham but DR was absolutely excellent both legs against Denmark
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 3:04pm
For the gulf in class people are talking about Denmark are only 6 places ahead of us in the rankings. 3/4 seeded teams qualified which is about right.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 3:14pm
Knowing that there was Welsh on here, gloating and rubbing it in after the match last night, I'm strangely comforted now over how we didn't just f**k it up for ourselves, but took them gobsh*tes down with us. A much better squad, undone by our gang of cloggers. I hope they enjoy flipping burgers in the back garden with the football on in the background next summer as much as I will LOL

Iwc caled, lads Thumbs Up

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 3:30pm
I posted in MON forum but it is better here. 

Christ. 

This is painful to write. I actually drove the whole back to Cork last night without turning on the radio. I am completely heartbroken. 

I never thought I would say this but here goes. TJ is right on certain aspects but MON NEEDS TO GO. 

There is a saying - fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. 

That really rings true here. He doesn't learn AT ALL. 

Scotland goal 2014. 

Austria goal at Aviva. 

Denmark first last night. They had 2v1 on every corner and when (SORRY now but I don't care about saying this) the black lad nutmegged Arter the next man should have been in. It was beyond embarrassing. 

Tactically he hasn't clue. 

Our worst players this year - Brady and Hendrick - left on pitch
Our better performers - Meyler & Arter (who was doing all right last night)  whipped. 

Eriksen - free role. You just couldn't make it up. They had 2 decent ballers. Eriksen and the black lad. You could see that from the first leg. 

F**k me - ****Brady shouldn't be in the squad. He is beyond pathetic - doesn't even try. 
Ward - ABSOLUTE shocker BUT he has been playing very well for us. Won't scapegoat him. 

The tactics. The decisions. Schoolboy stuff. That was soul destroying. Get him out now. 

Absolutely gutted. Haven't felt this empty in a long long time. 

*** Before the Brady lovers jump in. In squad 100% but not on pitch, a f**king EGO is all he is.
eire28 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

I posted in MON forum but it is better here. 

Christ. 

This is painful to write. I actually drove the whole back to Cork last night without turning on the radio. I am completely heartbroken. 

I never thought I would say this but here goes. TJ is right on certain aspects but MON NEEDS TO GO. 

There is a saying - fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. 

That really rings true here. He doesn't learn AT ALL. 

Scotland goal 2014. 

Austria goal at Aviva. 

Denmark first last night. They had 2v1 on every corner and when (SORRY now but I don't care about saying this) the black lad nutmegged Arter the next man should have been in. It was beyond embarrassing. 

Tactically he hasn't clue. 

Our worst players this year - Brady and Hendrick - left on pitch
Our better performers - Meyler & Arter (who was doing all right last night)  whipped. 

Eriksen - free role. You just couldn't make it up. They had 2 decent ballers. Eriksen and the black lad. You could see that from the first leg. 

F**k me - ****Brady shouldn't be in the squad. He is beyond pathetic - doesn't even try. 
Ward - ABSOLUTE shocker BUT he has been playing very well for us. Won't scapegoat him. 

The tactics. The decisions. Schoolboy stuff. That was soul destroying. Get him out now. 

Absolutely gutted. Haven't felt this empty in a long long time. 

*** Before the Brady lovers jump in. In squad 100% but not on pitch, a f**king EGO is all he is.

LOL Got a good giggle out of that. Ah it's good to be Irish. We'll be back. 
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 3:55pm
What riles me apart from the performance and the crazy timed substitutions is the constant mentioning of "we haven't the players" over the past campaign... If players keep hearing this then they'll start to believe it. I do believe we have players who can play otherwise I highly doubt that they'd find themselves in the position of being at professional football clubs. I think our old attitude of showing the opposition far to much respect has backfired on us again! Selection and crazy tactics were the real undoing of our progress under O'Neill last night and away from home on Saturday night where we applied no pressure on the Danes. Where we go from here God knows, hopefully it doesn't affect us as much as I think it will.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 4:04pm
The amount of complaining and moaning - hands waving and giving out that Robbie Brady was doing last night. When you felt our players were getting ratty and turning on each other, he was always at the centre of it. Easily one of our worst 3 on the night along with his buddy Hendrick. Not one good performance since the Euros.

No player should be guaranteed a start because this is what you end up with. A good spell on the sidelines is what he needs. 

Others made mistakes too, fair enough but how many times did we need him to stand up and be counted, and he couldn't manage it for one game the whole campaign.

Agree with Kearney on him.

willGUFC View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 4:12pm
1st leg included, the way we close down the ball is so disorganised its unbelievable, I cant remember Murphy winning the ball once in their half, he had no support in pressing Denmark saying that he didnt do it at any great pace anyway. I admire McClean's work rate so much but again he was running himself into the ground chasing players on the other side of the pitch and Martin O'Neill couldnt even see that. Thats where i think we can be effective if we press a team high up the pitch win it back quickly and all of a sudden we have plenty of players in forward positions and if they kick it long we have duffy to clean it up. Such a big gap between midfield and Murphy in both games and we dont keep the ball long enough to let midfield get forward in time
PanamaHat View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanamaHat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 4:13pm
Yep Brady went hiding. Bottled it. Blamed his teammates.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 4:34pm
Nearly 24hours later and with the reality setting in i actually feel worse than I did leaving LR last night. 1-0 up after 20 minutes we should have shut up shop. Played much to far up the field
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 4:45pm
While we're on the subject of Robbie Brady... Take the number 10 jersey off him.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Dane Dane wrote:

Denmark is at any level a much better team. Face it. 

"Eriksen is overrated" still makes me laugh. What a bawbag.

Begbie? LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 4:48pm
I'm still shellshocked after last night. I've been walking around like a zombie all day. This is definitely one of those results where it will take more than just qualifying for the next tournament to ease the pain
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445>
  Share Topic