FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Preston Lads

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Preston Lads
    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 1:17pm
Brownes played a handfull of games and is still young. Lads writing him off already. This forumLOL TongueConfused

Edited by JoxerDaly - 17 Oct 2018 at 1:17pm
Sponsored Links

LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Green rebel Green rebel wrote:

they should play him at no 10 ,and give him 3 full games, and a decent chance to prove himself especially with Robinson and Maguire around him,how many games has Steven ward had and he is still shocking

LOLLOL

go back to eating the sandwich your nibbling on and prepare for double geography after lunch 
Green rebel View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green rebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 12:25pm
they should play him at no 10 ,and give him 3 full games, and a decent chance to prove himself especially with Robinson and Maguire around him,how many games has Steven ward had and he is still shocking
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 12:23pm
Yeah, Browne is way off the standard required.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 12:22pm
The Preston lads........ are f**king sh*te 
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 12:20pm
The reason Browne is not getting a picked is because he has been appalling any chance he has got with us. Would have preferred we stuck with him than put Christie in there though
PNE1985 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PNE1985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 8:01am
Morning guys, PNE fan in peace and a follower of this forum for a while....

Watching the last two games, I agree with most on here that MONs tactics are at the very best, bizzare!

Watching last night, the difference in strength of both midfield's was clear to see.  And I wouldnt necessarily put that down to the quality of the players (entirely), but O'Neill playing square pegs in round holes.

You could see last night that there was no-one in that midfield who could put their foot on the ball and dictate play.  Playing Christie in there (right back in centre mid?!) when you have the likes of Browne and Hourihane on the bench is madness.

You boys could have had Ronaldo and Messi up top, and it wouldnt have made a blind bit of difference, there would have been no supply!

The only time anything did look like happening is when our Callum dropped so far deep to get the ball due to lack of service, and try to make things happen himself (dragging him well out of position and alienating Aiden O'Brien even more!).

Madness.

Quick thoughts on our lads.

Callum is a tidy little player.  Definately looked like the bright spark in the last 2 games.  Callum's best position is either side of a main striker (though we have used him up top in the absence of Seani).  Definately has a good eye and likes to run at defenders..... that said, difficult for Ireland at the minute as the midfield is letting the side down.

Maguire has only played 15 mins of football this year due to a bad injury, and we have missed him real bad at PNE. (Glad he only played a bit part for you boys this week).  Having said that, he has pace and is as sharp as an arrow and a top finisher and i'm glad he's back.  In the 15 min cameo he made against Wigan for us last week, he set up Callum Robinson for his goal... these two have a real understanding at PNE, and that could work wonders for Ireland if they get played together.  Seani is a top striker, just needs the run of games with PNE to get back into full stride.  Sure he'll be a big asset up with Robbo for Ireland in the years to come.
Our game at PNE is to take pressure and then hit the opposition with our blistering pace (Robinson, Maguire and Barkhuizen).  Works well (though we have had a shakey start due to injuries this year, but sure this will turn around - we cant go bad over night).

Alan Browne is the one that baffles me.  He is definately one of our better players and scooped all of the POTY trophies last year.  He is a ball winner, calm on the ball, good eye for a pass, and chips in with a good number of goals..... cant understand why Cyrus Christie is preferred to him in the midifeld at all!

Back to Robinson and Maguire..... MON needs to look how they play for PNE and use this to his strength for Ireland.... pace, goals and a general threat that can work wonders for ROI if he uses them..... i'd play Robbo and Maguire either side of a main striker (take your pick), as Robbo and Maguire can both do a good job dropping back when not in possession and then hitting the opposition on the break with pace and creativity.

Cheers guys.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

The championship is full of solid international players these days. Sluggers domain it  is not. 

It is still a very fast paced and physical league though and a lot of pressure on all of the clubs/managers. Graham would be much more suited to a more technical but slower paced league. It's strange that he isn't even making the bench for them now though because he seemed to do okay in his cameo appearances. I wonder if the manager doesn't trust him to do the dirty work required.
Part of his problem at Notts County was his difficulty with the number of matches. I think that is a physical aspect a lot of lads moving from the LOI struggle with.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 3:26pm
Agreed. I think the overall quality of the division, indeed of the EFL as a whole has gone down, for a variety of reasons, not least the bigger franchises in football having hundreds upon hundreds of players on their books, but there are very, very few sides playing what we would type as long-ball, fight at all costs, Crazy Gang type football.
Millwall being one of the few to maybe do so and, even then it is hardly Pulis's Stoke, who I actually used to enjoy watching!
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

The championship is full of solid international players these days. Sluggers domain it  is not. 

It is still a very fast paced and physical league though and a lot of pressure on all of the clubs/managers. Graham would be much more suited to a more technical but slower paced league. It's strange that he isn't even making the bench for them now though because he seemed to do okay in his cameo appearances. I wonder if the manager doesn't trust him to do the dirty work required.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 3:15pm

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 10:07am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Seemed to start the season well, but has struggled for game time recently. Barkhuizen is probably his main competition, and is a much more conventional Championship style player.

Burke would better off going to the Dutch league or something. As you said, the championship is such a sloggers domain. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 4:06pm
Seemed to start the season well, but has struggled for game time recently. Barkhuizen is probably his main competition, and is a much more conventional Championship style player.
We're decent enough..
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 2:35pm
Think Burke will struggle to get game time now that Seani is fit. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 1:59pm
Injured, maybe? I don't think he is Championship standard, although I hope I am wrong.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 1:27pm
Did Burke not make the Preston squad?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 1:17pm
I agree, I thought Neil was a dreadful choice at the time. In saying that, Grayson worked miracles on their budget.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 11:34am
I don’t think they scored a league goal in August! But yeah September they were scoring plenty but conceding more! 
I don’t rate Alex Neil if I’m honest, good to see Maguire back, hopefully he can stay fit & we can really judge how good he is at this level. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic