You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Insidertips Copenhagen (from a Dane)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 15>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Patman Scoop Patman Scoop wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by MadsV MadsV wrote:

Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

Thanks for checking. Will be sitting there on my tod at 6 with my red scarf pretending to be a local just in case anyway .Definately worth keeping an eye out on that site for more tickets but i’d say they’re more liable to sell if they think you’re Danish.Also insist on PayPal so your payment is covered. I’d say the prices will drop on DBA closer to the match-some listings have been up for a few days so there mustn’t be much interest at those prices from the locals. You can go the Viagogo route-guaranteed ticket and less hassle but you’re gonna be paying at least double or treble the price.

I know that there were Polish fans in the Danish section for the game we played against them recently.

I think it's fair to say that the Danish fans aren't as enthustiastic about the national team which means few people are willing to deal with touts.

I paid about 50 euros for my ticket, wouldn't want to pay more than that.

Our away end tickets are €60 face value. I didn't think you could charge away fans more than home fans, particularly as our section is behind the goal so it's hardly in a more expensive section.

Im in D3 and paid €60 too

I'm in B5 so I chose the cheaper tickets. 60 euros is the same amount we pay for the opposite seats from yours. So no one is being scammed :)
Sponsored Links

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 8:55am

Thanks for checking. Will be sitting there on my tod at 6 with my red scarf pretending to be a local just in case anyway .Definately worth keeping an eye out on that site for more tickets but i’d say they’re more liable to sell if they think you’re Danish.Also insist on PayPal so your payment is covered. I’d say the prices will drop on DBA closer to the match-some listings have been up for a few days so there mustn’t be much interest at those prices from the locals. You can go the Viagogo route-guaranteed ticket and less hassle but you’re gonna be paying at least double or treble the price.

I know that there were Polish fans in the Danish section for the game we played against them recently.

I think it's fair to say that the Danish fans aren't as enthustiastic about the national team which means few people are willing to deal with touts.

Our away end tickets are €60 face value. I didn't think you could charge away fans more than home fans, particularly as our section is behind the goal so it's hardly in a more expensive section.

I'm in B5 so I chose the cheaper tickets. 60 euros is the same amount we pay for the opposite seats from yours. So no one is being scammed :)

Thumbs Up

Just surprised behind the goal isn't the cheapest section.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 9:16am

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

FYI I'd assume the lad knows you're not Danish as Google Translate is atrocious for Danish grammar

There's no way you could fake a Danish accent. We don't even pronounce all syllables or letters in a word.

But you can get hammered, put on a viking helmet and yell "SKKÅÅÅÅÅL" (cheers) really loud and you'll blend in just fine

It's easy just put a potato in your mouth and speak Norwegian
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 9:17am
Originally posted by JH17 JH17 wrote:

Myself and one of the lads both in the home section. Gonna use sign language if anyone starts asking us questions.

You do know Danish sign language is different then Irish sign language Wink
keith11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 10:12am

I have a B5 and C7 between myself and a mate. I take it B5 is going to be all the Danes so best to keep it quiet when we knock in the 3rd goal ?  ;)

MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 11:13am
Originally posted by keith11 keith11 wrote:

I have a B5 and C7 between myself and a mate. I take it B5 is going to be all the Danes so best to keep it quiet when we knock in the 3rd goal ?  ;)

Yeah, cause you're known for your dangerous attack LOL A whopping 12 goals in the qualifications.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 11:21am
What are the strip clubs like?

.....asking for a friend.Approve
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 11:25am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Haha, only been to one. It was the worst. 10 pounds to enter...the club i mean Sleepy

A beer was like 15 pounds 
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 11:40am

I'm surprised it's taken 7 pages of a thread for someone to ask this Question
BannerGreen View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BannerGreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 12:05pm
Thoughts on the cheap bars Mads? Billy Booze, Heidi's etc...

Also the city pass on public transport for €11 looks a good option on matchday?

Edited by BannerGreen - 03 Nov 2017 at 12:06pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Gigibongi33 Gigibongi33 wrote:

I'm surprised it's taken 7 pages of a thread for someone to ask this Question

LOL
MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by BannerGreen BannerGreen wrote:

Pheew, not sure I'm the guy to ask about those places. If you're just looking for drinkspecials and getting hammered then it will do just fine, but those places are tacky imo. If I had to choose one of the two I would go for Heidis or Guldhornene next to it. Billy Booze is filled with troublemakers and reality show contestants
MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 12:34pm
A single ticket for busses, metro etc. in the city center is 24 kroner = 3 euros. So yeah you will probably be better of with a city pass if you're taking a trip around the city
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 12:40pm

Pheew, not sure I'm the guy to ask about those places. If you're just looking for drinkspecials and getting hammered then it will do just fine, but those places are tacky imo. If I had to choose one of the two I would go for Heidis or Guldhornene next to it. Billy Booze is filled with troublemakers and reality show contestants

Did you say reality show contestants? Cool
Why no wine??!
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 12:42pm

You might find some of your Tallafornia buds down there Patman LOL
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 12:44pm

Sounds a bit like The Live Lounge !!
MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 12:58pm

Yeah like washed up ex-Paradise Hotel contestants etc.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 1:22pm

A single ticket for busses, metro etc. in the city center is 24 kroner = 3 euros. So yeah you will probably be better of with a city pass if you're taking a trip around the city
Mads, what would you recommend in terms of public transport as the best deal to get for 3 days? What is the best deal for a return trip to the airport and then for getting around the city?

As I've read getting the prepaid books with x number of tickets is actually more expensive?

Guessing just never get taxis?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 15>
  Share Topic