You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Insidertips Copenhagen (from a Dane)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 15>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 3:44pm
FYI I'd assume the lad knows you're not Danish as Google Translate is atrocious for Danish grammar

Edited by lassassinblanc - 02 Nov 2017 at 3:45pm
Sponsored Links

keith11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by MadsV MadsV wrote:

Originally posted by keith11 keith11 wrote:

@Mads

The tickets issued for the Copenhagen game by the Danish general sale are just PDF documents.  Do you just print them off and run the barcode to get through the turnstile or do you physically hand it over to someone who checks it?

I am going to print mine, and as I recall you scan it yourself.

Here's some info that may or may not be useful:
https://billetsalg.dbu.dk/index/extraterms  ;

Thanks Mads.  If you can just scan them and walk through then that saves me worrying about getting into a conversation in Danish and being questioned about having the Danish general sale tickets.
RuairiGucks View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RuairiGucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 4:21pm
Hi Mads,

I have a ticket for section C2 for the game - How hard do you think it will be for me to get into the Irish section (D3, D2, D1)?

Cheers
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by RuairiGucks RuairiGucks wrote:

Hi Mads,

I have a ticket for section C2 for the game - How hard do you think it will be for me to get into the Irish section (D3, D2, D1)?

Cheers

Lads, this is a relatively modern stadium which hosts club football so it set up to keep fans segregated. There will be little or no chance to get from the home section into the away section. 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by RuairiGucks RuairiGucks wrote:

Hi Mads,

Cheers

Lads, this is a relatively modern stadium which hosts club football so it set up to keep fans segregated. There will be little or no chance to get from the home section into the away section. 
It's also of a more English design - with separate stands on each side of the pitch. Unfortunately it's not like the Aviva where you can pretty much walk the whole way round the stadium within the concourse.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 5:24pm
Haha.I’d say he had a fair idea.Tried to keep the sentences as short as possible.Threw in a few ‘Mange tak’ and ‘hilsen’.
If I was Danish,I’d obviously prefer to see the ticket going to a home fan so they might not reply if you write in English.
I see you want to go the Little Mermaid dressed as a lobster and sing “Under the Sea”
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

If anyone challenges you, you're English and there as a neutral. Be grand. Would be handy to be northern and have a Britisher passport.

Uhh we're the Danish fan club......from Ohio.....

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 02 Nov 2017 at 6:51pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

Haha.I’d say he had a fair idea.Tried to keep the sentences as short as possible.Threw in a few ‘Mange tak’ and ‘hilsen’.
If I was Danish,I’d obviously prefer to see the ticket going to a home fan so they might not reply if you write in English.
I see you want to go the Little Mermaid dressed as a lobster and sing “Under the Sea”

Det er min plan
finbarrk View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finbarrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 9:18pm
Where would the best place be to have beers before the match that's close to the stadium Mads? Is that TAP 10 pub the only one the area?
Thanks.
keith11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 10:55pm
Do we get any free travel with the ticket ?  trams or buses etc
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 11:14pm

All Taxis are free with match ticket. Airport transfers also included in that between 10th-12th November. Not sure about trams and trains though.

Edited by Deane - 02 Nov 2017 at 11:15pm
MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

All Taxis are free with match ticket. Airport transfers also included in that between 10th-12th November. Not sure about trams and trains though.

We don't get free transportation but I don't know how it works buying through the Irish FA.

We don't have trams btw Wink
MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 8:29am

Thanks for checking. Will be sitting there on my tod at 6 with my red scarf pretending to be a local just in case anyway .Definately worth keeping an eye out on that site for more tickets but i’d say they’re more liable to sell if they think you’re Danish.Also insist on PayPal so your payment is covered. I’d say the prices will drop on DBA closer to the match-some listings have been up for a few days so there mustn’t be much interest at those prices from the locals. You can go the Viagogo route-guaranteed ticket and less hassle but you’re gonna be paying at least double or treble the price.

I know that there were Polish fans in the Danish section for the game we played against them recently.

I think it's fair to say that the Danish fans aren't as enthustiastic about the national team which means few people are willing to deal with touts.

I paid about 50 euros for my ticket, wouldn't want to pay more than that.
JH17 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 8:29am
Myself and one of the lads both in the home section. Gonna use sign language if anyone starts asking us questions.
MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 8:31am
Originally posted by finbarrk finbarrk wrote:

Where would the best place be to have beers before the match that's close to the stadium Mads? Is that TAP 10 pub the only one the area?
Thanks.

Not sure, I don't care much for that area (Østerbro). Nørrebro by Sankt Hans Torv for instance is better but you would have to walk about a mile to the stadium
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 8:34am

Thanks for checking. Will be sitting there on my tod at 6 with my red scarf pretending to be a local just in case anyway .Definately worth keeping an eye out on that site for more tickets but i’d say they’re more liable to sell if they think you’re Danish.Also insist on PayPal so your payment is covered. I’d say the prices will drop on DBA closer to the match-some listings have been up for a few days so there mustn’t be much interest at those prices from the locals. You can go the Viagogo route-guaranteed ticket and less hassle but you’re gonna be paying at least double or treble the price.

I know that there were Polish fans in the Danish section for the game we played against them recently.

I think it's fair to say that the Danish fans aren't as enthustiastic about the national team which means few people are willing to deal with touts.

Our away end tickets are €60 face value. I didn't think you could charge away fans more than home fans, particularly as our section is behind the goal so it's hardly in a more expensive section.
MadsV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadsV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 8:40am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

FYI I'd assume the lad knows you're not Danish as Google Translate is atrocious for Danish grammar

There's no way you could fake a Danish accent. We don't even pronounce all syllables or letters in a word.

But you can get hammered, put on a viking helmet and yell "SKKÅÅÅÅÅL" (cheers) really loud and you'll blend in just fine
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 8:43am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Our away end tickets are €60 face value. I didn't think you could charge away fans more than home fans, particularly as our section is behind the goal so it's hardly in a more expensive section.

Im in D3 and paid €60 too
Why no wine??!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 15>
  Share Topic