You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark Away Ticket Thread - NO TOUTING

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 117118119120121 124>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RuairiGucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 9:23am
I just want to add my opinion on the whole allocation ticket fiasco. 
I have a season ticket and go to one or maybe 2 away games a year and all games in Euro2012 and 2016. For the Copenhagen game, I applied through the FAI website but knew I hadn't a hope based on the number of people with far better away attendance figures than me. When the Danish tickets went on general sale, a friend of mine got onto his Irish buddy living in Copenhagen who booked us 2 tickets in section C2 for 80euro a pop.
In the week leading up to the game, my cousin text to say he had a ticket for me in the Irish end. Apparently, his mates had ended up on the piss with John Delaney in Cardiff, he had promised them tickets for Copenhagen, gave them his personal details and surely enough he delivered on them 4 tickets. So instead of 4 lads or ladies who have been to 5/6 away games and deserved the tickets, they went to my cousin (who is a ST holder but very few away games), his mate and his missus (first ireland away game - possible first ireland game fullstop!)
The system is not right when tickets can be given out like this. I was still delighted to get one in the Irish end - roll on tomorrow night...
Sponsored Links

Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 9:23am
I think D3 was always going to be heavy on security due to its location beside the away section. but having an id from a different country was a great idea to have in your back pocket
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 9:42am
Danny, same story here missed the first 30 mins.  Stewards where assholes one pushed me back into the crowd as soon as he knew I was not Danish screaming 'you foreigners are here to cause trouble' jeez we are all in our late 50s ffs. we finally got in after my friend who has lived there for 25 years and speaks Danish demanded to speak to the chief steward in the company of the police. He told the police it was a racial issue as he is a Danish taxpayer with a Danish wife and kids an we where his guests in Denmark. We only got in when the cops got involved. I saw loads of Irish lads been refused and some been physically dragged away from the barrier. Loads of empty seats around us when we got inside, Overall I think the crowd was around 1400 below capacity when flashed up on the screens. I looks like they targeted D3 as other guys seemed to have no issues.

Have to admit as someone who was just short of the limit for getting a Irish ticket I was annoyed to sit beside a guy from Limerick on the flight yesterday who told me it was his first away game and he and two mates got away tickets thru his dads contact. I asked him was he going on Tuesday and he said he rarely goes as we are sh*te to watch. Such is life !!
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 9:54am
Originally posted by forza trapp forza trapp wrote:

Danny, same story here missed the first 30 mins.  Stewards where assholes one pushed me back into the crowd as soon as he knew I was not Danish screaming 'you foreigners are here to cause trouble' jeez we are all in our late 50s ffs. we finally got in after my friend who has lived there for 25 years and speaks Danish demanded to speak to the chief steward in the company of the police. He told the police it was a racial issue as he is a Danish taxpayer with a Danish wife and kids an we where his guests in Denmark. We only got in when the cops got involved. I saw loads of Irish lads been refused and some been physically dragged away from the barrier. Loads of empty seats around us when we got inside, Overall I think the crowd was around 1400 below capacity when flashed up on the screens. I looks like they targeted D3 as other guys seemed to have no issues.

Have to admit as someone who was just short of the limit for getting a Irish ticket I was annoyed to sit beside a guy from Limerick on the flight yesterday who told me it was his first away game and he and two mates got away tickets thru his dads contact. I asked him was he going on Tuesday and he said he rarely goes as we are sh*te to watch. Such is life !!

This - lost count of the amount of times I heard this. 

Will you be there Tuesday?

And they roll their eyes Angry
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 10:11am
We were in A9 lot of empty seats and we only paid €63.50 so how does the ticket count tally with the money ???
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Weecounty View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weecounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 10:30am
I was in D1 and had attended all the away games required to get a ticket officially. The two lads to my right in the stadium asked me why everybody was cheering the bell being rung! I said do you not hear it at Landsdowne the answer was they had never been to a home game. A good few more I was talking to had never been to an away game either.
The Green Werewolf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Green Werewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 10:43am
Id only done all homes + Moldova and Austria this campaign so naturally knew I wouldn't get a ticket off fai. I bought a ticket off the Danish FA site in the general sale for myself in D3, and two buddies, one in A10 and the other in C2. At the time of purchase, I wanted to get 3 seats beside each other in D3, unbeknownst to me then how rigid security in D3 would be. I had to make contacts through the Copenhagen GAA page, ask my hotel receptionist for his personal mobile number and find a mate who lives abroad who I haven't talked to in years
To make the payment for me.

So we're outside the ground for about 8pm, parting ways with our tins and looking for any last bits of Danish merchandise just to be safe. About 30 mins prior, I had got in a bit of hassle stashing my Irish Jersey in a bush. I fired it into a bush with the intention of collecting after the game on the walk back to the city centre, however i did not notice the CTTV camera above my head and 2 giant security guards came rushing at me immediately. It turns out it was the US embassy so they were naturally skeptical as I could have been planting anything in that bush. They laughed when they saw it was just the jersey and said good luck.

Anyways, here's the interesting part. Tried to get into D3 the first time, asked "Du danske?" or something and just nodded but was asked for ID. Things were starting to get very messy and there were lads in their 50s+ on the deck from the Stewards pushing forward to push us back, it was like a 50 man rugby scrum but there was no rowdiness/punches thrown from what I can see.Disheartened but determined and understanding there was a high likelihood of this happening, I needed to think outside the box.

8.50 now: D3 is like the swivel doors to Walmart on Black Friday. I had overheard one Irish lad saying that his mate got into the away section without a ticket, and that if you run around the fence you stand a better chance of getting in. So I walked around to D1. My initial plan was to say that I lost my ticket, or that I bought a D3 one thinking it was D1 or D2. I was even thinking of saying that II was told it was an away ticket and couldn't get over the fact it wasn't. I'd put a lot of time/effort into getting my ticket and I had just checked the Snapchats of both friends inside and seen they were at their seats, desperation took hold.

I got talking to a Stewart at the first layer of security in D1 and was just completely honest with him. Told him that I'd bought a Danish ticket and was sorry for that. Told him that my mates were inside and how much I'd paid to be there. Gave him a huge sob story and I couldn't believe it but I could tell he was considering it and just winked me, but whispered.    "I can't get you by the second set of security but just try"

So I walked by and straight away pretended to be on my phone. I wasn't wearing Irish colours or Danish colours so looked completely neutral. I was on the phone to nobody within the fenced off Irish section area just outside the ground, but trying to be overheard saying things like "I lost my ticket do you have it? And that and then something magical happened. A side door (beside the big circular door with security) opened and a load of Danish bar/catering staff came out for a smoke. I went over and just pretended that I was already in, but told them I'd lost my ticket and didn't want to go through security.

They weren't too keen on the idea, but the minute they finished their smokes and we're heading back. I nipped in behind and was in. I ran straight up the stairs and seeing the lights to the stadium was utter surreal. Joxered gone to Stuttgart, I had escaped from Alcatraz.

I got in and there was loads of empty seats. I had promised a lad back in the city centre my home ticket if I had gotten an away one, so sent over a PDF of the ticket (which I never even got to use) to his mobile. He said he got in after 60 mins in the end which I'm glad because he had travelled long way and said was definitely better than nothing.

I didn't really care about the atmosphere in the away end. I'm a massive Ireland fan and love to let loose on away days, but there was at least 10 kids in my row so didn't want to be chanting/swearing too loud as know it was like for my mother to block my ears at games when I was that age.

Would just lastly like to sympathise for anyone who had a home-end ticket but didn't get in. I know we knew it in advance that a lot would get turned away, but a lot did get in and you were just so unfortunate if you had D3, especially if you had spent the guts of an hour queueing while others simply skipped on by.

One thing for sure is I can't wait to not have this grey cloud over me on Tuesday as regards getting in. I'll be down early and if there's any Danish lads in the Irish section they will be getting a big high five for their soundness, touch of class and newly adopted soft spot for the Irish.

I will definitely be returning to Denmark, but hopefully a trip to Russia is on the cards first. Thanks for reading all and ybig.

Edited by The Green Werewolf - 13 Nov 2017 at 10:58am
Away days brighten the North Stand, Our football friends from foreign lands. They'd nudge eachother with their hands - "Wow these really are the worlds best fans"
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 10:46am
I know of several lads from here that had tickets in the away end that either haven't been to an away game in ages or in some cases was their 1st away game. All got their tickets through contacts in the football family

Was annoying to hear that as we had to spend alot of the trip trying to get 1 lad a ticjets who had done 7 off the last 10 and had missed out (eventually got him sorted)

Edited by ringerbell - 13 Nov 2017 at 10:47am
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

I think D3 was always going to be heavy on security due to its location beside the away section. but having an id from a different country was a great idea to have in your back pocket

I was talking to a Danish woman in D3 who was saying that there were plenty of Irish fans being refused when she was going in. I got refused by one of the first stewards but ended up just walking past him when he turned his back and up through to the turnstiles. No hassle from any of the Danish fans in D3 and by the end of the match they were shaking our hands, even the stewards were grand come HT
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 10:51am
Atmosphere at the match was poor. Tried to get chants going plenty of times but many were not interested in joining in.

Overall match aside I really enjoyed the trip and would love to go back to Copenhagen, Danes were sound. Dubliner on Friday night was good until it got so packed you couldn't move, Billybooze was good but after a while wouldn't let any more Irish in. Irish Rover early Saturday afternoon for Calpta was excellent, man at the door had a bit of sense and didn't let the place get too crowded
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 10:55am
5 aways and to hear the carry on where my ticket potentially went ... Half the ****s that went out to Copenhagen should have been back in Dublin at bellator with Mc Gregor
kevj266 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevj266 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:10am
Printed off a dud ticket last Monday for D3 that I found on dba.dk. Went to the stadium 3 hours early and done a few laps of it. Stood outside D3 with a Danish wooly hat on my head. Was the very first in the door, my ticket wouldn't scan showed the security guard, he inspected it, and then opened up the wheelchair access and let me walk in. Literally didn't say one word. Got in, took a few pictures, went for a look around. Found a door into D2 that was opened and walked in. Two security guards came up to me and made me take off my Danish hat. Other than that no hassle at all, simple out.

Atmosphere wasn't great in the ground, but enjoyed the trip overall. Been a season ticket holder for awhile, but this was my first away. First of many I think, hope we get the job done tomorrow night! 
ybigeejit View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ybigeejit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:17am
Had a ticket for D3 and tried three times with different stewards to get in without any success. No colours anywhere and they zipped down my jacket and hoody and i'd a red tshirt on just in case. First time a Danish family tried to bring me in as part of their group but once I couldn't speak Danish I needed ID to show I wasn't Irish. Thanked your man as he didn't want to go in without me and told him to go on. 

I gave up after the third time. Game was already on 15 minutes at this stage. Walked around to the bar in the stadium and watched the game there. Full of other lads who didn't get in. Fair play to those who did manage to get in.

Only saw one incident at the turnstile, think it was already mentioned here yesterday. No complaints about the stewards myself except that they were very good at their job. 

Disappointed not to get in obviously but it's not the end of the world. Knew I was taking a chance with all the warnings. Some other lads at the turnstile where talking about rushing the stewards. That's not my kinda thing. I don't go to matches to cause trouble. 

I told one lad in the bar at half time that I didn't know how I felt about not getting in. I've decided now that I'm best off not bothering with the bigger games as I've no chance of getting a ticket under the current system. I'm not looking to skip anyone in the queue but it looks like I'll never get to the top of the queue either. There were people with a far better record than me turned down by the FAI. That's Vienna, Cardiff and Denmark I've been turned down for now so I'll stick to the trips to places like Moldova and Georgia. 

One last thing. Heard a number of people talking over the weekend about harvesting. All saying they would have got to the 6 aways if they had of bought tickets for games they weren't going to. Would hope this won't happen in the future.            
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:29am
Got a ticket for Irish end out there. Was chatting to a few lads on the day of the game, Said their mate was blinded drunk and went home to hotel and said he wasn't for going to the game he was that bad. So they gave me his ticket, It was the fellas first away and couldn't contain his excitement and didn't know when to stop. The other lads where regulars. Drunk fella sourced his ticket from a FF member who wanted to go to the Rugby. Pure luck I bumped into these lads.
On our crowd ive never seen so many drunken irish in the away section so many people falling over and sleeping it was like a scene from resident evil, atmosphere was terrible. 3 young fellas behind me to thought it a good idea to launch whatever pints they had as high into the air as they could at FT. Almost started a punch up, Plenty drowned with beer because of it. Seemed to be some punches thrown a few rows behind the goal aswell. I couldn't wait to get out of there in the end after seeing all this. after the struggles getting a ticket to see so many eejits with tickets pissed me off. Met some great folk to I might add, A lot of our fans are a credit to themselves but sometimes the small minority ruin it for a lot of people.

On the game. Exactly how I envisioned it, 0-0 resolute defending with a bit of luck. I can see it going to penalties tomorrow, whether or not my heart could with stand that is another thing. Well need a clean sheet I feel anyway as I cant see us scoring 2 goals. Hopefully its a great atmosphere and a great night.

Hope everyone enjoyed their time in Denmark. Looking forward to tomorrow now. Very nervous for it.

Edited by PaulB - 13 Nov 2017 at 11:29am
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:52am
Originally posted by ybigeejit ybigeejit wrote:

I've decided now that I'm best off not bothering with the bigger games as I've no chance of getting a ticket under the current system. I'm not looking to skip anyone in the queue but it looks like I'll never get to the top of the queue either. There were people with a far better record than me turned down by the FAI. That's Vienna, Cardiff and Denmark I've been turned down for now so I'll stick to the trips to places like Moldova and Georgia. 
Yeah that's my takeaway from the past 2 campaigns. The "bigger" games attract a dodgy crowd and tickets are harder to come by. Would gladly go to the likes of Moldova or Serbia over Wales/Copenhagen next time out.
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

Originally posted by SportingRizzlaCF SportingRizzlaCF wrote:

May have been Chinese whispers but overheard someone on my flight saying the London supporters club got 87 tickets, not sure the number of SC as how the tickets are spread among them enough to know if this is good or bad? 

In any event, I know of two lads who had away tickets who haven't been to an Ireland match for over a decade and openly deride the team, but went because someones grandfather just happened to pieing off two away end tickets! 

That club has a membership of over 600, I know a fair few of the regulars

Well run club and transparenr,

85 Tickets ...one regular broke his leg over there...his ticket went to a club member who travelled and was on the club waiting list
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

[QUOTE=SportingRizzlaCF] May have been Chinese whispers but overheard someone on my flight saying the London supporters club got 87 tickets, not sure the number of SC as how the tickets are spread among them enough to know if this is good or bad? 

In any event, I know of two lads who had away tickets who haven't been to an Ireland match for over a decade and openly deride the team, but went because someones grandfather just happened to pieing off two away

That club has a membership of over 600, I know a fair few of the regulars

Well run club and transparenr,

85 Tickets ...one regular broke his leg over there...his ticket went to a club member who travelled and was on the club waiting list

Stoutist fellow with facial hair ?

Edited by Newryrep - 13 Nov 2017 at 12:19pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:22pm
So basically it's Scotland all over again - gobs***es with 'contacts' and drunken meetups with the 'Dear Leader' getting tickets at the expense of regular fans. Perfect illustration of why the the FF allocation is far too high.

That was bad enough itself but at least fans with decent records were able to get into home sections in Glasgow but that wasn't even an option for many this time due to the needlessly tough stance taken by the Danish FA.

And the FAI know they've probably got away with it again because the next home match, the home leg tomorrow night, will be too important for anyone to consider protests and the following home game isn't till March at the earliest by which time the anger will have subsided a fair bit.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 117118119120121 124>
  Share Topic