You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GAA Hurling 2018
    Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 2:13pm
League Fixtures for 2018 announced 

NHL Division 1A

Round 1: Sat Jan 27th, Cork v Kilkenny; Sunday, Jan 28th, Clare v Tipperary, Waterford v Wexford

Round 2: Sat Feb 3rd, Tipperary v Waterford; Sunday, Feb 4th, Kilkenny v Clare, Wexford v Cork

Round 3: Sat Feb 17th, Tipperary v Wexford; Sunday, Feb 18th, Clare v Cork, Waterford v Kilkenny

Round 4: Sun Feb 25th, Kilkenny v Tipperary, Cork v Waterford, Wexford v Clare

Round 5: Sun Mar 4th, Kilkenny v Wexford, Tipperary v Cork, Waterford v Clare

NHL Division 1B

Round 1: Saturday, January 27th: Dublin v Offaly; Sunday January 28th: Galway v Antrim, Limerick v Laois

Round 2: Saturday, February 3rd: Laois v Galway; Sunday February 4th: Antrim v Dublin, Offaly v Limerick

Round 3: Saturday, February 17th: Laois v Antrim, Limerick v Dublin; Sunday, February 18th: Galway v Offaly

Round 4: Sunday, February 25th: Antrim v Limerick, Dublin v Galway, Offaly v Laois

Round 5: Sunday, March 4th: Galway v Limerick, Laois v Dublin, Offaly v Antrim

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 12:29am
Think the new championship structure will take from this a bit, nobody will really be scared of being relegated as they have 4 games to get it right later on in the year. The openers could be very experimental, unlike other years, I don't think too many, even Wexford, will be going flat out from the start of what is now a longer year. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 8:40am
I agree. I can see crowds falling for league games because of the new championship round robin format. The weather in late January and February could be bad and people might think there will be plenty games later in the year that I can go to instead on better days. Teams could end up playing each other 5 times a year now too.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 3:00pm
Galway and the 2018 League winners are to play an exhibition game in Australia next year.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 4:40pm
David Meyler's aul lad John is the new Cork manager
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 4:42pm
Well currently for Laois the league is a step up from championship with regard to the level of competition. They will want to be playing the likes of Limerick, Offaly, Dublin etc and in fairness it should stand to them come championship.
They would not want to be relegated down to the next Div so very important to to pick up a couple of wins. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:29pm
You'd want a masters in applied maths to interpret/explain the hurling championship next year.

Edited by Trapped - 19 Oct 2017 at 9:31pm
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:41pm
Leinster Championship 

Round 1
Dublin vs Kilkenny
Offaly vs Galway

Round 2
Kilkenny vs Offaly
Wexford vs Dublin

Round 3
Offaly vs Wexford
Galway vs Kilkenny

Round 4
Dublin vs Offaly
Wexford vs Galway

Round 5
Kilkenny vs Wexford
Galway vs Dublin

dates and times TBA
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:43pm
Munster championship

Round 1
Limerick vs Tipp
Cork vs Clare

Round 2
Tipp vs Cork
Clare vs Waterford

Round 3
Waterford vs Tipp
Cork vs Limerick

Round 4
Limerick vs Waterford
Tipperary vs Clare

Round 5
Clare vs Limerick
Waterford vs Cork

dates and times TBA
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:47pm
Dublin home games will be in Parnell afaik

Edited by Denis Irwin - 19 Oct 2017 at 9:47pm

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:47pm
Would be a decent draw if we actually had a home ground..................

Seemingly WP is going to be done up to some degree (a complete waste of time if ya ask me) and won't be available for next year. Heard rumours of Nowlan Park, but can't see the Munster Council allowing that one. The sound you are hearing is probably Frank rubbing his hands together, already counting the money. 

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 10:25pm
The dates for the World Cup are the 14th June-5th July so the round robin will be over by then (if they start them the first weekend in May and finish the June BH weekend). So I imagine if ireladn qualify the new dates may suit soccer and hurling fans travelling ???

Going to be a long June/July and August if you're team are knocked out in May
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 11:46pm
Not to mention meylers auld Lad when cork are out and he is free to his son captain a side to the world cup final : )
AKA pedantic kunt
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 11:54pm
http://munster.gaa.ie/fixtures/senior/

The Munster championship dates seem to be up. Starting in mid may and finishing mid June
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 11:57pm
Frank gets another year of being the Big Cheese in Cork (totally unexpected.......)

Donal Óg steps down as coach of Clare hurlers. 

We still have no idea where we are playing home games next year, Frank mentioned in passing that he thought it might be Thurles for WD V Cork game. So that's that done......

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 12:00am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Frank gets another year of being the Big Cheese in Cork (totally unexpected.......)

We still have no idea where we are playing home games next year, Frank mentioned in passing that he thought it might be Thurles for WD V Cork game. So that's that done......

Find it hard to believe he's going to miss the opportunity to move a game to the Stade De Frank

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 12:06am
Ah there will be plenty on there, the next 2 Kerry Cork Munster football finals (though they might be waiting a bit for that seeing where Cork football is)- the next 2 Tipp-Cork hurling finals (owed since when PUC was closed) and very likely any non-Cork hurling final between any other 2 Munster teams, apart from Tipp-Limerick, who I think have a home/away agreement, although logistically, Limerick a better venue for Tipp-Clare if thats the way it panned out. 

There is also AI QFs to be played, the new PUC will see their share of them too. 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 10:08am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

The media were asked to leave before the discussion on Frank started last night. f**king ridiculous Angry

What's the biggest stadium in Waterford? Would they play homes games in Nowlan park?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
  Share Topic