You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Playoffs - please provide your DIY draw results
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Playoffs - please provide your DIY draw results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 43>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 11:11am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

My fear Dead

A midfield with Inter, Real and Barca represented. Meanwhile we throw Burnley and West Brom at them. 

They couldn't beat Finland and Kosovo in qualifying

Finland and Kosovo would beat us in qualifying 

Do elaborate

No.

I was clearly being sarcastic. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 11:15am
Italy would surely have to play their home match in Rome or Milan. I know they like to rotate their fixtures but they seem to play their bigger games in one of those.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 11:15am

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

My fear Dead

A midfield with Inter, Real and Barca represented. Meanwhile we throw Burnley and West Brom at them. 

They couldn't beat Finland and Kosovo in qualifying

Finland and Kosovo would beat us in qualifying 

Do elaborate

No.

I was clearly being a spastic. 

Clap
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

What dates are the 2 games?

Thanks

9/10/11 and 12/13/14
The rugby lads play SA in the Aviva on Sat 11th. I guess they showed this week we can do back-to-back football/rugby games anyway if it comes to it.

They always have been able to do it. Been done plenty of times before in Lansdowne and Croker
Last weekend was the first time at the Aviva.

Happened once in Croker in 2009.

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 11:30am
Please God let Portugal smash Switzerland tonight.

Denmark or Switzerland please
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 11:31am
How long after the draw will we know date and venue?

Can't be at home on the Saturday as has been said
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Please God let Portugal smash Switzerland tonight.

Denmark or Switzerland please

This.

Wouldn't be surprised if it does happen as well, it's been that sort of international break when just about everything we needed to go our way has done.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
LenBrennan View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LenBrennan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 11:52am
Italian journo confirmed that Italy will use San Siro or Palermo depending on opponents.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Italy would surely have to play their home match in Rome or Milan. I know they like to rotate their fixtures but they seem to play their bigger games in one of those.
they played Spain in Turin. Cant see them plucking for Turin again though as the city hosted two matches in qualifying.

Wouldn't be surprised if they plucked for Sardinia. Something difficult and out the way for away supporters.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

they played Spain in Turin. Cant see them plucking for Turin again though as the city hosted two matches in qualifying.

Wouldn't be surprised if they plucked for Sardinia. Something difficult and out the way for away supporters.
Embarrassed Didn't know they played Spain in Turin.

Palermo would be a nightmare. I think the Italians know we would bring around 7,000 (figure plucked from thin air) so they might play it somewhere poxy alright.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
muscles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muscles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:39pm

Why on earth would they do that? have they any history of doing so with crunch games and anyway i doubt they will be too worried about playing us
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:40pm
We're going too Croatia

I can feel it
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by muscles muscles wrote:

Why on earth would they do that? have they any history of doing so with crunch games and anyway i doubt they will be too worried about playing us

To deter Irish fans from travelling Confused

Italy are playing really poorly at the moment. They played the majority of their matches in easy to get places in the north of Italy. When they played us previously they arranged it for Bari. A not so easy place to get to. They'll not be taking any chances this time.

If the rumours are true regarding Milan and Palermo then I would bet my house we would end up playing them at the latter. The lack of direct flights will put off an element of fans.

Edited by colemanY2K - 10 Oct 2017 at 12:56pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

We're going too Croatia

I can feel it

Croatia would be manageable I think. Their form has been stuttering and they've even lost three matches this year, with lots of draws as well.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:51pm
Portugal are the team I'd be most worried about getting due to CR7 as you'd have to assume he's get a goal or two over the two games.

Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Portugal are the team I'd be most worried about getting due to CR7 as you'd have to assume he's get a goal or two over the two games.

With any luck, Portugal will win tonight and take themselves out of the equation. Nobody in the play offs would want to be facing the current European champions.
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:55pm
Looking at results this year, Croatia seem good at home / poor away... 

I think Portugal would be the worst to get too.

Denmark > Switzerland > Croatia > Italy > Portugal
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:58pm
Javier doesn't know Ireland's history against Switzerland. Others don't realise that they have won every game in qualifying so far, just thrashed the third place side Hungary at the weekend. Who did we last thrash? Gibraltar.

Given all that, I would prefer to avoid Portugal and Switzerland, but the one to avoid at all costs is Italy. That would be the real deal, not the Lille team.
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 43>
  Share Topic