You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Playoffs - please provide your DIY draw results
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Playoffs - please provide your DIY draw results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 43>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Whent he draw is made on Tuesday how long will we have to wait until the venues are confimed? e.g. Say Italy or Croatia?

Day of games two hours

Venue. Friday 

the question is where will it be posted first?

twitter, facebook, will JD get the heads up early etc
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Palermo be a pain alright but all other cities been mentioned for Italy can be easily got to and even if it's Palermo it's not like there isn't options for internal flights etc

Yeah but if you book a flight into, say, Rome, for the day before the match, you could find yourself stuck with no option but to book another potentially expensive internal flight the morning after and only getting to Palermo on the day of the match.

If it's Italy, I'd prefer to wait. For Croatia, if you get to Zagreb the day before the match, even if it ultimately isn't there, you'll be able to get to Rijeka or Split or wherever without real hassle the following day.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 15 Oct 2017 at 5:44pm
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Palermo be a pain alright but all other cities
been mentioned for Italy can be easily got to and even if it's Palermo
it's not like there isn't options for internal flights etc

Yeah but if you book a flight into, say, Rome, for the day before the match, you could find yourself stuck with no option but to book another potentially expensive internal flight the morning after and only getting to Palermo on the day of the match.

If it's Italy, I'd prefer to wait. For Croatia, if you get to Zagreb the day before the match, even if it ultimately isn't there, you'll be able to get to Rijeka or Split or wherever without real hassle the following day.

Is few options for internal flights to palermo from several airports in italy. Granted I'm hoping if we draw Italy it's played elsewhere but if it's Palermo it not the end of the world
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 6:14pm
Oh I know.

If it was Milan or Palermo, it would be grand: fly to Milan. But the Udine thing is a pain in the hoop and an added complication.
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 6:23pm

Oh I know.

If it was Milan or Palermo, it would be grand: fly to Milan. But the Udine thing is a pain in the hoop and an added complication.

SuperDave just outta curiosity, how do you know all this information about flights and trains? Extremeley helpful on YBIG good man
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Oh I know.

SuperDave just outta curiosity, how do you know all this information about flights and trains? Extremeley helpful on YBIG good man

SuperDave84 is actually Michael O’Leary of Ryanair.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Oh I know.

Ah just a bit of research and knowing where to look. It's a mix of wiki, seat 61, skyscanner and google maps.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 7:32pm

Oh I know.

Would Udine not be easier to get to from Milan than Palermo would be?
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Oh I know.

Would Udine not be easier to get to from Milan than Palermo would be?

There is direct flights from Bergamo or Malpensa to Palermo with Ryanair

Edited by Gigibongi33 - 15 Oct 2017 at 7:40pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 7:45pm
Yeah, Udine is closer, but it's still a pain. You can't book an early flight back from Milan to Dublin the morning after the match, for instance. It's a good few hours away.

I wouldn't be booking much til the venue is confirmed. Even for Switzerland, internal trains are expensive and it might not be Basel.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 15 Oct 2017 at 7:46pm
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 8:06pm

Yeah, Udine is closer, but it's still a pain. You can't book an early flight back from Milan to Dublin the morning after the match, for instance. It's a good few hours away.

I wouldn't be booking much til the venue is confirmed. Even for Switzerland, internal trains are expensive and it might not be Basel.

You could still book your flights to Italy and then just wait see what venue they choose before booking flight home.

There is options to all major airports near the cities been mentioned and Ryanair fly to the majority of them so easy enough to arrange flights home when know where the game will be

Think we can safely say it be a surprise if the Swiss don't play in Basel as they have played all their big games there in last 2 qualifying campaigns
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 10:00am
Davor Suker will hold a press conference today at 2:30pm Irish time where he'll unveil the new Croatian coach and name which stadium will host the playoff.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 10:51am
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Davor Suker will hold a press conference today at 2:30pm Irish time where he'll unveil the new Croatian coach and name which stadium will host the playoff.

Zagreb. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 3:42pm
Talk of Spanish getting banned due to Catalonia issue, Italy will then qualify and Slovakia will take their place in the playoffs
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 3:55pm
Ah put away that rod lassie
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Ah put away that rod lassie

LOL

Half expected someone to fall for it
Swanny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 4:18pm
Hi Deise is that a definite?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 43>
  Share Topic