You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales v Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 12:05am
Never get the fascination of going on other teams/countries forums Confused

Who gives a f**k what they think?

Every single one of their fans that I met in France, Dublin or Cardiff was sound. Very gracious in defeat last night and this morning. 
Theres only one sport that matters..
Sponsored Links

fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 12:19am
"Its Rude'….LOL
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 12:40am
Worst barmen ever
El Puto Amo
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 12:59am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

If there's one thing the Welsh did right last night, that anthem......dearie me. I promptly shat a brick when i heard that

I knew that was coming from the Apostle forum. The music would play for a few bars and then the crowd would sing it acapella. It's an unusual national anthem in that it is primarily sung as a choral piece.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 9:13am
Buzzing. I was in Dirty Martini on Mary street or whatever it's called and met James "Ginge" Collins. Was pure sound. Then Danny Gabbidon walked in. Sound sound lads. Chatting away, said we deserving to go through etc and wished us the best. 

Now IMO we probably didn't do enough over the campaign to get through but as I said we would have all taken a playoff. Brilliant team performance with a great gameplan but obviously I would like us to keep it more and play. 1 defensive mistake, 1 chance and we scored. Did we actually have another shot? Personally I want Croatia in the draw. A lot of stuff going on there behind the scenes. Fans are turning on them and no better nation to upset the fans than us with solid defending and restricting teams. 
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 10:36am
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

This a right giggle

http://apostlewelshfootie.proboards.com/thread/8189/tackle-on-joe-allen

One good tournament and suddenly think they're among the big boys who deserve protection

Meyler had 100% intent ffs and then they try and play down Allen's challenge on Meyler. Nice of them to forget also that Murphy got a boot into the face at one point. And to go back to points made after The match in Dublin they seem to forget about the vicious challenges from Taylor and Bale. The hypocrisy on there from some of them is something else. sh*te refereeing my hole. Sour grapes more like it.

Murphy got booked for that as well! 
darragh90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darragh90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 2:59pm
Apart from the goal it was great to witness that Welsh anthem. Hairs on the back of the neck moment fairplay to them. Wish we could try something similar in lansdowne for the playoff
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Buzzing. I was in Dirty Martini on Mary street or whatever it's called and met James "Ginge" Collins. Was pure sound. Then Danny Gabbidon walked in. Sound sound lads. Chatting away, said we deserving to go through etc and wished us the best. 

Ah I'm getting a flashback of that now. They were sitting at the table next to us. Had completely forgotten until I read that
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Gallowgate 67 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gallowgate 67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 3:41pm
Got home last night at 10pm after a ferry from pembroke that seemed to take for ever.

How them ferries stay going on a normal day ill never know I seen about 20 people of the 300 or so on it that were not irish fans...

Nice way to travel if it didn't take as long 5 hours from time of going off and getting off maybe more.

What an away day ...yes a few idiots did travel but you get that with it being so handy to get to ...

Lots of irish students in the uk at it it seemed that couldn't handle their beer.

The borough bar was good craic before the game and the night before .

The away support was as good as I've heard in a long long time ..15 minutes after the whislte was just hair standing stuff....

My voice has just come back!Yehhaaaaaa rool on the playoffs
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by TioPepe TioPepe wrote:

Work to be done. Enjoy tonight, fantastic achievement getting out of a group with Serbia, Wales and Austria and of course Georgia.

But we've a huge play off game now ahead,we've proven we can mix it with anyone. McCarthy, Long, Coleman and Johnny Walters to come back into the side next month. 

Martin O'Neill has killed the hodoo of we cant perform away with wins in Austria and Wales this campaign.

The only side to win in Wales. The only major side to not win a key home game.
The only side to win in Austria. The only major side not to win in Georgia.

It was a mad campaign with 4 sides of roughly the same ability. We should have won it, had enough chances to, and it'll be a very long time before we have a group as weak as this to qualify from again.

Wales showed what they are, an average limited side with nothing to be scared of, who big time bottled it when the heat was on. They haven't made a WC in 60 years, and are by some distance the weakest top seeds we've faced in at least 30 years. They haven't beaten us in 25 years, haven't scored in 10, yet we approached both games treating them as if they were Germany or Spain. We had 1 shot on target at home and 2 away. Possession was replaced by aggression, and the card count kept piling up. Meyler got himself stupidly booked in injury time and is now suspended, McClean was lucky to stay on the pitch late on. Both could have been off and neither could have complained. Brady may still face his third suspension of the campaign.

Despite it, we held on comfortably enough, but we haven't qualified for anything yet. There are plenty of sides in the playoffs, most of them just wandered off the pitch, (including the brits in green making it for the first time) the tournament just goes on for at least another month, as it does for us. So I'll save the celebrations for when we actually qualify for the finals themselves, like the rest of the world does.
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Old Gill View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 8:13pm

If there's one thing the Welsh did right last night, that anthem......dearie me. I promptly shat a brick when i heard that

Spine tingling , could literally feel the noise going through me. I was Sat on half way line and both sets barely stopped singing until we scored, after which they seemed to sing in bursts. I've been to a good few big derbies, Champions League games etc and this is up there with the best of them
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Old Gill Old Gill wrote:

Spine tingling , could literally feel the noise going through me. I was Sat on half way line and both sets barely stopped singing until we scored, after which they seemed to sing in bursts. I've been to a good few big derbies, Champions League games etc and this is up there with the best of them

We could learn a bit from the Welsh in terms of singing. I don't think they stopped once in the first hour. We're not bad ourselves at the Aviva but we could do better (our away support the other night was fantastic though, we were determined not to be outsung by the Welsh).
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 8:59pm
Something that has gone unnoticed is that we are a bogey team for the Welsh. Only one Wales win in the last 11 encounters (way back in 1992) and they have never won a competitive match against Ireland.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 10:20pm
I fcking hate that welsh anthem. Always have. Just annoys me. And the welsh language. It sounds like they have a mouthfull of oranges and are spitting. Ugggh
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I fcking hate that welsh anthem. Always have. Just annoys me. And the welsh language. It sounds like they have a mouthfull of oranges and are spitting. Ugggh

Well a lot of people think the Irish language sounds harsh and quite Germanic so it's horses for courses. I quite like both languages, the two of them are at least 1500 years old and predate English by centuries.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:12pm
You can distinguish words in the irish language but the welsh language is just awful. Its not even words. Its just coughing and spitting. Hurts my ears if i listen to it.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by darragh90 darragh90 wrote:

Apart from the goal it was great to witness that Welsh anthem. Hairs on the back of the neck moment fairplay to them. Wish we could try something similar in lansdowne for the playoff

Thought this myself but it wouldn't suit our anthem as an uptempo militaristic march style song. Suits theirs which is basically a church hymn
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:17pm
Any truth in these tranny story rumours?

If so I'm bullin'.
https://www.orourkeda.blog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233>
  Share Topic