Replies:
Posted By: pepper67
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 9:38pm
YR GUNA GET IT FIR INCLUDING LONG..

-------------
i can resist anything except temptation

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 9:40pm
I wouldn't start Long. He is not a man on form. In any case he was and is always better for us coming off the bench

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by pepper67 pepper67 wrote:

I'm being realistic.

I'd have him no where near the f**king side.

We'll start well first half and die the second. Or you never know it could be a Bosnia/Italy like performance.
I don't care what anyway says, that Wales side without Bale are weaker then Scotland. King/Ledley in midfield. Lawrence is a championship player, in and around O'Dowda standard. That goal tonight was a joke.

I'd start Hogan and Murphy with Brady and McClean on the wings.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: NewtNewbie
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Originally posted by pepper67 pepper67 wrote:

I'm being realistic.

I'd have him no where near the f**king side.

We'll start well first half and die the second. Or you never know it could be a Bosnia/Italy like performance.
I don't care what anyway says, that Wales side without Bale are weaker then Scotland. King/Ledley in midfield. Lawrence is a championship player, in and around O'Dowda standard. That goal tonight was a joke.

I'd start Hogan
and Murphy with Brady and McClean on the wings.

Lawrence may be a Championship player but 6 players from that level started for us tonight. So, what's your point?

King has a Premier League title winner's medal.

There's zero chance of Hogan starting. We were two up and cruising, and he didn't make it off the bench.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 9:59pm
Biggest game since France 2016. Daunting prospect though.

We need to envoke the spirit of the Ireland Rugby Grand Slam winning side of 2009 and beat the Welsh in their own backyard to take the carrot.

Posted By: Pubes
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:01pm
. . . . . Randolph
Christie. Duffy Clark ward
. .   Meyer. Hendrick
. Brady. Hoolahan. McLean
. . . . Murphy

Odowda was good and maybe we better with 2 up top but that's not going to happen.
Brady and McLean to switch wings and come in more central to switch things about. McLean can and has played as a striker

Posted By: Irish2011
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:11pm
I'm a huge Irish fan but I just cannot see us doing anything Monday night. I hope I'm wrong we've been awful all year, I can't see anything changing Monday night.

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

I'm a huge Irish fan but I just cannot see us doing anything Monday night. I hope I'm wrong we've been awful all year, I can't see anything changing Monday night.
this. Yes we could but where is the evidence we will. Look at that second half. f**king awful. I just cant see us winning any game against a decent side.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

this. Yes we could but where is the evidence we will. Look at that second half. f**king awful. I just cant see us winning any game against a decent side.

That's the spirit! Either of you lads ever considered taking up motivational speaking?

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

That's the spirit! Either of you lads ever considered taking up motivational speaking?
you think anything u type on here will make a difference do ya. Do u think we will win

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Pubes Pubes wrote:

. . . . . Randolph
Christie. Duffy Clark ward
. .   Meyler. Hendrick
. Brady. Hoolahan. McLean
. . . . Murphy

I'd say that will be the team.

-------------
The only way is up

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:29pm

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

you think anything u type on here will make a difference do ya. Do u think we will win

A derby-style encounter against a Bale-less Wales in a probable tight match where most players have played against each other and know each other's game. The home side have a slight edge, but it could go either way.

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:32pm
Do not be surprised to see Whelan start. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

hes better than meyler IMO. if it was a choice between the 2 id have whelan. Id like okane to get his chance but it seems its not happening.

Posted By: dubstep
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:35pm
Whelan is finished. Send him to the glue factory .

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:37pm
Wales v EIRE I predict will be the ugliest and nastiest game of soccer ball ever witnesses. The football will be attrocious and I predict 2 sendings off. A horrible 0-0 spectacle.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: killer kilbane
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:46pm
I would probably start Brady at left back even though Ward is playing well .Just i think Brady is better when he is facing the ball

-------------
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:46pm
Wales have the initiative, they have all the confidence. We have no right to win this game, no real expectation. And this is why we will win. Backs to the wall, big under dogs going over to Britain and beating the amazing Euro2016 semi-finalists in their own backyard. 2-1 Ireland.

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:47pm
With the way O'Neill was talking in his post-match interview, I don't expect Hoolahan to start. I reckon either Arter or more likely Brady will take up his position as the advanced midfielder.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: Stickittotheman
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:49pm
Huge game and hopefully the permutations in the next few days go in our favour. If they dont then we have Ukraine vs Croatia hopefully a draw the same night as us or the 183/1 shot. We beat Wales and Georgia beat Serbia. I think this will be the team:

Randolph

Christie
Duffy
Clark
Ward

Meyler

McClean
Arter
Hendrick
Brady

Murphy

4-1-4-1 formation. Not saying thats what I would go with but I think this is the side MON will pick.

Edit: pubes has informed me it is infact a 183/1 double.

-------------
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!

Posted By: Yanto 58
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Wales v EIRE I predict will be the ugliest and nastiest game of soccer ball ever witnesses. The football will be attrocious and I predict 2 sendings off. A horrible 0-0 spectacle.

Its actually quite hard to argue with this.....except we will change formation in second half after the..ehem...roughing up....and play football

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:52pm
183/1 with Paddy Power that double...
Georgia are 50/1 to win

Posted By: raclle
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

With the way O'Neill was talking in his post-match interview, I don't expect Hoolahan to start. I reckon either Arter or more likely Brady will take up his position as the advanced midfielder.
Hasn't Brady already proved he cant play that role and hes not much better on the wing either. I'd start him left back.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by Pubes Pubes wrote:

183/1 with Paddy Power that double...
Georgia are 50/1 to win

Edited

-------------
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!

Posted By: armahibee
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:01pm
Its just one game, we can win and make the playoffs whether we deserve too or not, I'm traveling with hope and expectation!!!

Posted By: greenmachine68
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:02pm

hes better than meyler IMO. if it was a choice between the 2 id have whelan. Id like okane to get his chance but it seems its not happening.

Think you right GD. Even though we need a win. I think O'Neill will still be cagey for the first hour.

-------------
theres only one tony grealish

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Yanto 58 Yanto 58 wrote:

Its actually quite hard to argue with this.....except we will change formation in second half after the..ehem...roughing up....and play football

Yes roughing them up will be the game plan. It will be Scotland Mark II. You know Keane in particular will be in their ears telling them to clatter into them and it will descend into an ugly battle with fights breaking out all over the pitch. It will be a battle first and the football will be scrappy.

-------------

Posted By: TonyNotJack
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:14pm
Logic says winning in Cardiff will be a bit too much of an ask, but then there's.....................................
MON's luck. Cool

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:17pm

Originally posted by Yanto 58 Yanto 58 wrote:

I miss the days of trap and all the wonderful football we played.

Yes roughing them up will be the game plan. It will be Scotland Mark II. You know Keane in particular will be in their ears telling them to clatter into them and it will descend into an ugly battle with fights breaking out all over the pitch. It will be a battle first and the football will be scrappy.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:18pm
I miss the days of finishing 2nd in groups

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:20pm

last world cup campaign?

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:24pm
Wales - Bale and Taylor obviously in particular - made some atrocious tackles in Dublin, so to suggest it'll be Ireland dragging Wales down and into a physical battle isn't really reflection of what most reasonable observers should expect, going by the previous match.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:25pm

last world cup campaign?

Yes hopefully its ONeills last world cup campaign

-------------

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:41pm
Reckon we will concede and scoring 2 away from Home is a big ask.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:45pm
I'd give us more of a chance if Wales only needed a draw and they played with caution and we nicked a goal. The fact that they know they need to win to a) give them an outside chance of topping the group or b) get the last play-off place, I think them needing to win will mean we may get a bit of a battering and Wales can attack. We may be able to hold them off and even get a goal of our own, but they will keep coming the whole game. It kinda has the feeling to me that we are starting from -1 if that makes any sense

I'd love to think we could do it but I think as much as people do not like to admit it, Wales are a better side than us, not as big of a gap without Bale but still a small level up and they are the home side.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:48pm
 I think it will end 0-0 with us showing no ambition to win in a snoozefest of a game.

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: Healy52003
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:00am
Think winning in Cardiff is a step too far but you never know and it will be some night in the history of Irish football if we can win and get too a playoff or the very very slim outside chance of automatic qualification

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:06am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I'd give us more of a chance if Wales only needed a draw and they played with caution and we nicked a goal. The fact that they know they need to win to a) give them an outside chance of topping the group or b) get the last play-off place, I think them needing to win will mean we may get a bit of a battering and Wales can attack. We may be able to hold them off and even get a goal of our own, but they will keep coming the whole game. It kinda has the feeling to me that we are starting from -1 if that makes any sense

I'd love to think we could do it but I think as much as people do not like to admit it, Wales are a better side than us, not as big of a gap without Bale but still a small level up and they are the home side.

Turkey are a far better side than Iceland on paper. Look what happened tonight. It's all about attitude. If we're giving up against a strike force of Hal Robson Kanu and Sam Vokes before a ball is kicked, then what's the point in going to a World Cup?

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:06am
Have to agree with others, its a huge ask to win in Cardiff. They are the form team winning their last 3 games conceding none. But in football you never know but I think its more hope than expectation.

-------------

Posted By: Strazdas
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:08am
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Have to agree with others, its a huge ask to win in Cardiff. They are the form team winning their last 3 games conceding none. But in football you never know but I think its more hope than expectation.

The absence of Bale certainly might be a factor and could make it far more of a 50-50 game.

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:09am
If Murphy plays then we'r going long ball and that will suit Wales....mop it up and hit us on the break.....there's just no goals in this Ireland team and that will be our undoing.. A awful draw or Wales 1-0.

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:10am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

If Murphy plays then we'r going long ball and that will suit Wales....mop it up and hit us on the break.....there's just no goals in this Ireland team and that will be our undoing.. A awful draw or Wales 1-0.
were going long ball no matter who plays. Thats our only gameplan right now. long ball and duffy to score from a set piece.

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:11am
0-0 for me. i think the two sides cancel each other out and it's a brutal game. Hope i'm wrong

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:12am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Turkey are a far better side than Iceland on paper. Look what happened tonight. It's all about attitude. If we're giving up against a strike force of Hal Robson Kanu and Sam Vokes before a ball is kicked, then what's the point in going to a World Cup?

Iceland outside of the obvious big guns, are possibly the most well oil machine in European football right now. They pick off teams at will, I think you're giving them a bit of discredit there. Turkey are still turning to Emre at 37!!!! 

We're going into facing Wales with a strike force of Shane Long and Daryl Murphy though so pot kettle....

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:15am

We're going into facing Wales with a strike force of Shane Long and Daryl Murphy though. 

Yeah, exactly. Wales will fancy their chances and behind the scenes I'd imagine our players very much fancy their own.

We're going over to play Wales in the Cardiff City Staduim, not Germany in the Berlin Olympic Arena.

It's literally two teams who have a mix of poor premier league players, and decent championship players facing off - we shouldn't feel any inferiority.

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:17am
Wales can mix there game up though....we have a team (and manager) that play one type of hoofball....that'll be the diffence on Monday

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:18am
For sure we shouldn't feel any inferiority towards Wales but I like many others am struggling to see where this performance of ours is going to come from after what can only be described as a horrendous 2017 for this Irish team. 

-------------

We're going into facing Wales with a strike force of Shane Long and Daryl Murphy though. 

Yeah, exactly. Wales will fancy their chances and behind the scenes I'd imagine our players very much fancy their own.

We're going over to play Wales in the Cardiff City Staduim, not Germany in the Berlin Olympic Arena.

It's literally two teams who have a mix of poor premier league players, and decent championship players facing off - we shouldn't feel any inferiority.

I wouldn't pay much attention to form either given that it is a local derby. Probably the team with most bottle on the night will win it, aided by a little luck

The players shouldn't give up and I am sure they won't but I just feel that Wales will create a lot of chances and our defence is not that good. On the flip side, we've been making very hard work of scoring latelly too.

Iceland are surprising everyone, I went through their team today and it's crazy that they are able to pull off so many great results with players not playing at a massively high level.

It's football, anything can happen. Wales are not Spain or Germany either. But i just feel it's too big of an ask with our current lot, I'd give us about a 20% of actually going and getting a win there.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:19am

Wales can mix there game up though....we have a team (and manager) that play one type of hoofball....that'll be the diffence on Monday

Negativity on here is crazy. We won in Vienna, a far more intimidating place to go than a cat championship staduim in Cardiff.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:20am

Negativity on here is crazy. We won in Vienna, a far more intimidating place to go than a cat championship staduim in Cardiff.
ehh no

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:25am
Not negative just realistic. Wales got to the semi of the Euros, beating a very good Belgian side. They started this campaign poorly (a lot of nations who have a good tournament this often happens, it's like a come down) but they have really got their act together and I am a bit fearful of them now. Again, not germany or spain so we have a chance but it's very small

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:26am
I'm not particularly worried about what Wales might do to us at all. I'm confident we can limit their opportunities on goal and so on - the worry i have is that they are a very organised, very solid defensive unit and we suffer from a chronic lack of goals. If we had to get a draw out there i'd be fairly confident we'd do it without much hassle. I don't think we have it in us to break down their defence though.

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:28am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

I'm not particularly worried about what Wales might do to us at all. I'm confident we can limit their opportunities on goal and so on - the worry i have is that they are a very organised, very solid defensive unit and we suffer from a chronic lack of goals. If we had to get a draw out there i'd be fairly confident we'd do it without much hassle. I don't think we have it in us to break down their defence though.

Without having anything guilt edged, Georgia had 2/3 decent chances tonight. If we make a similar number, that could be all we need.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:28am

Not negative just realistic. Wales got to the semi of the Euros, beating a very good Belgian side. They started this campaign poorly (a lot of nations who have a good tournament this often happens, it's like a come down) but they have really got their act together and I am a bit fearful of them now. Again, not germany or spain so we have a chance but it's very small
im not fearfull of this wales side atal. Im basing my opinion on tbe fact we seem incapable of playing any sort of football atal to win any game. Look at tonight, moldova pretty much had the majority of possesion in the 2nd half. Against any decent side were fcked in this current state were in. Hope to God we win but i just dont see it.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:29am
we will definitely need to score first. I'd say we would collapse if we went 1-0 down knowing we needed 2

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:29am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

They've only conceded one goal less than us.

They've also only scored two more goals than us.

Shane Long could have had two or three tonight. 

-------------

Posted By: o_faz
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:56am
Football is a funny old game.... Ashley Williams is playing for a team bang out of form. Listening to the Welsh commentary James Chester got caught out of position more than once tonight. The lad that got the goal was putting silly tackles in all over the place - the commentary team were waiting for him to be sent off.

Its been a largely average group with 4 teams who are very evenly matched; and we've gained as many points away from home as at the Aviva.... what makes you so sure?

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 1:05am
One thing that strikes me is that there is far more pressure on Wales in this one. If we lose or draw, we can say we gave it our best shot and we were playing away from home. For Wales to throw away a play off place at home though would be a massive disappointment for them. In theory, the pressure should be on both sides but the heavy burden of expectation is on Wales, no matter how much they try and talk things down beforehand.

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 1:22am

Ta f**k, you’re right,

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 2:10am
..........Randolph
Christie Duffy Clark Ward
..Hendrick Meyler Arter
...McLean Murphy Brady

Ireland 1nil winners, Murphy

Posted By: Welsh Ben
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 2:34am
Really looking forward to Monday night!

Firstly, I'm glad that we are not going into this having to win to finish second. As impressed as I am at our home form, I'm not always confident in our ability to put away our chances. However, I do feel we are capable of holding on for a draw at home. Thankfully Woodburn and Lawrence have come up with 2 cracking goals to seal wins that we needed.

Tonight against Georgia wasn't the most impressive game I've seen us play, however I feel we deserved our win as we were solid (for most of the game at least), we looked calm (a bit unusual ) and a few of our players stepped up, especially in the absense of Bale. For me our 2 stand out players tonight were Lawrence (even taking out his goal, he was my MOTM) and Joe Allen.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to sit down and watch your game tonight, but from what I've heard it sounded fairly standard. Wrapping up the victory early in the first half, with the second half being scrappy with nothing much to write home about.

I expect Monday to be a scrappy game for most of it, with neither team wanting to concede the first goal, and it opening up late on. I think both teams will have a fair number of chances, and it will come down to which team can put their chances away.

I hope those of you travelling over enjoy your visit! If you have any questions feel free to ask me

Also, if things don't go our way and we do end up missing out, I hope you guys do go on to qualify and have a cracking time in Russia

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 4:36am
the dream is alive

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 7:57am

For sure we shouldn't feel any inferiority towards Wales but I like many others am struggling to see where this performance of ours is going to come from after what can only be described as a horrendous 2017 for this Irish team. 
Sums up how most are feeling but anything is possible in football. Results against Germany homa and away , Bosnia , Italy and Austria away are a distant memory considering our performances this year. We could be going into Mondays game knowing a win will give us a playoff and Id expect that along with Bale being out to lift our players . There is a performance in this team , I just hope we get it Monday and anything is possible then. 0-1 Murphy to score again.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 8:07am
Has anyone genuinely watched Wales the past few games and thought Wow, what a team.Theyve got lucky, Hennessy has saved their bacon, in 3 games. They somehow beat Austria with a wonderstrike. We also drew in Serbia 2-2, let's not get carried away.

They've Ledley and King in midfield. Holy f**k men, we're stronger then that. Lawrence is their main goal scoring threat, Cyrus Christie can mark Tom Lawrence.

Ramsey, it's fairly simple what's needed. Harry Arter leg breaker challenge similar to what he done v Moldova last night that'll put Aaron Ramsey in his box.

We can certianly score, I don't see Vokes troubling Duffy aerially myself and Clark mops up dirty ball.

It's up to MON, to best that lot. I'll be sickened if we dont go hell for leather against them, they're highly highly overrated without Bale their set pieces are sh*t. I'd have them on par with Slovenia at the minute maybe Bosnia. They're no were near the standard of The weakened Italian side we beat in the Euros. When we're in a corner we usually deliver.

Hoofing it at Ashley Williams all night will be pointless, targeting Davies... now that wouldn't be a bad plan. And aerial balls to the wings hopefully that **** Taylor plays, we might get some Success aerially but it's going toccome mainly v McClean/O'Dowda/Wes driving st them and playing balls across for big Murphy.

2-0 Ireland. Lille 2016 here we come

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 8:15am
I think it bodes well for us that we have to win to get 2nd as opposed to needing a draw. We know what we have to do. Id expect a tight game though and us not really going for it untill the last 15 mins. Hope im wrong and we start with the right attitude. 

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:01am

Hoofing it at Ashley Williams all night will be pointless, targeting Davies... now that wouldn't be a bad plan.

Yes let's target their form player Ben Davies as opposed to their most out of form player ASHLEY Williams.... That makes sense

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:16am
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

I think it bodes well for us that we have to win to get 2nd as opposed to needing a draw. We know what we have to do. Id expect a tight game though and us not really going for it untill the last 15 mins. Hope im wrong and we start with the right attitude. 

You're called it spot in here. If we had to play for a draw we'd be snookered. The fact that both teams need to win means it'll be a seriously cagey game though

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:27am
I think this is the team that MON will put out.

Randolph

Christie
Duffy
Clark
Ward

Whelan

McClean
Arter
Hendrick
Brady

Murphy

I would go with something like this - 

Randolph

Brady
Duffy
Clark
Ward

Meyler

O'Dowda
Arter
Hendrick
Hoolahan

Murphy

With options on the bench like McClean / Long / McGeady / Hogan / Maguire to come off the bench EARLY in the 2nd half

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:37am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Hoofing it at Ashley Williams all night will be pointless, targeting Davies... now that wouldn't be a bad plan.

Yes let's target their form player Ben Davies as opposed to their most ut of form player ASHLEY Williams.... That makes sense

He essentially won every header in their box last night.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: TonyNotJack
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 10:10am
Someone is pissing off the Welsh lads again LOL
http://apostlewelshfootie.proboards.com/post/144834/thread" rel="nofollow - http://apostlewelshfootie.proboards.com/user/428" rel="nofollow - dai  said:
This from a ybig forum member:

'I don't care what anyway says, that Wales side without Bale are weaker then Scotland. King/Ledley in midfield. Lawrence is a championship player, in and around O'Dowda standard. That goal tonight was a joke.'

LOL. 

I'm not getting arrogant, but I'd be very disappointed if we lost at home against Ireland now.

Some of their fans were chucking the fact around that we haven't won without Bale since so and so, well another fact is that we've only lost once in the last 21 qualifying games.

This is the same mouthy poster who I posted a link about the other day on Bale's injury ironically he gives his location as Southampton so has some English arrogance 
about him.

Posted By: Long Shot
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 10:39am
It's gonna be a tough match. Both teams can get a result
Both a similar styles. Bale out is a bonus but we need to be able to take advtange

Playing hoofball isn't going to cut it

Monday is a cup final. No other way to look at it
Do or die
Itll be ugly.
Itll be physical
Expect a defensive game
Both not wanting to concede.

Wes won't start as he played 75 mins last night

Hopefully we Nick a goal and keeo a clean sheet

Hopefully we can play without fear and give summon the team in vienna and Lile

ybig

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 11:11am
Randolph

Cyrus--Clark--Duffy--Ward

Brady--McCarthy(if not fit Arter)--Hendrick--McClean

Long--Murphy

This is what id like to see. It is close to team that played Italy. We showed that night we could play decent football against a good side with these players on the pitch. Brady and McClean should be raring to go.
Wes misses out (like against Italy) but in the pocket to be sprung later in the game if we need goals along with O'Dowda and McGeady.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

The absence of Bale certainly might be a factor and could make it far more of a 50-50 game.

It certainly evens it up. And if we were at home I would fancy us to do it. Being in Cardiff though trying to look objectively at it- it is going to be a big ask. The way we have played in 2017 dont know if we have it in us.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:27pm

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

It certainly evens it up. And if we were at home I would fancy us to do it. Being in Cardiff though trying to look objectively at it- it is going to be a big ask. The way we have played in 2017 dont know if we have it in us.

It's going to be an interesting test of character of both sides (and both managers). It's a hard one to call, no result will be a surprise on the night, whether it's a home win, draw or away win.

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:32pm
.........   Randolph

Christie....Duffy .... Clark .... Ward

...............meyler arter

Mcclean.   Hendrick.    Brady

.. ...............Murphy

This is how I would start

Wes and long off the bench.

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: CillDara
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 2:03pm
Tough starting XI to call on Monday, back four and keeper are fairly settled at this stage.

Main question is do we start Long and Hoolahan or do we spring them from the bench? Starting without them seems like a quite defensive team but I've a feeling both will impact the game more from the bench. I've a feeling MON will start Long.

Brady and McClean being back will be huge additions to last nights team.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Someone is pissing off the Welsh lads again LOL
<div ="quote" author="@dai" source="/post/144834/thread" timestamp="1507324614" style="max-height: 1e+06px; word-wrap: break-word; margin: 0px 10px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; : 0px 0px rgb239, 239, 239; : relative; top: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial;"><div ="quote_" style="max-height: 1e+06px; word-wrap: break-word; margin: 7px 0px 0px; padding: 10px; border: 2px solid rgb215, 215, 215; outline: 0px; : 0px 0px rgb246, 246, 246; border-radius: 10px;"><div ="quote_er" style="max-height: 1e+06px; word-wrap: break-word; margin: 7px 0px 16px 35px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; : 0px 0px;">[URL=http://apostlewelshfootie.proboards.com/post/144834/thread]<abbr title="Fri Oct 06 2017 22:16:54 GMT+0100 GMT Summer Time" ="o-timestamp time recent_time" -timestamp="1507324614000" style="max-height: 1e+06px; word-wrap: break-word; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10.2px; : 0px 0px; text-decoration-line: none; text-decoration-style: initial; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: bold; font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal;]ago</abbr>[/URL] <span itemscope="" item="http://schema.org/Person" style="max-height: 1e+06px; word-wrap: break-word; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; : 0px 0px;"> http://apostlewelshfootie.proboards.com/user/428" rel="nofollow - dai </span> said:
This from a ybig forum member:<br style="max-height: 1e+06px; word-wrap: break-word;"><br style="max-height: 1e+06px; word-wrap: break-word;"><i style="max-height: 1e+06px; word-wrap: break-word; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; : 0px 0px;">'I don't care what anyway says, that Wales side without Bale are weaker then Scotland. King/Ledley in midfield. Lawrence is a championship player, in and around O'Dowda standard. That goal tonight was a joke.'<br style="max-height: 1e+06px; word-wrap: break-word;"><br style="max-height: 1e+06px; word-wrap: break-word;">LOL. <br style="max-height: 1e+06px; word-wrap: break-word;"><br style="max-height: 1e+06px; word-wrap: break-word;">I'm not getting arrogant, but I'd be very disappointed if we lost at home against Ireland now.<br style="max-height: 1e+06px; word-wrap: break-word;"><br style="max-height: 1e+06px; word-wrap: break-word;">Some of their fans were chucking the fact around that we haven't won without Bale since so and so, well another fact is that we've only lost once in the last 21 qualifying games.<div ="quote_clear" style="max-height: 1e+06px; word-wrap: break-word; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; : 0px 0px; clear: both;"><br style="max-height: 1e+06px; word-wrap: break-word; font-family: Verdana, Arial; : rgb239, 239, 239;"><br style="max-height: 1e+06px; word-wrap: break-word; font-family: Verdana, Arial; : rgb239, 239, 239;"><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; : rgb239, 239, 239;">This is the same mouthy poster who I posted a link about the other day on Bale's injury ironically he gives his location as Southampton so has some English arrogance </span>
<span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; : rgb239, 239, 239;">about him.</span>

I've lived in England and Europe to long. I've forgotten the Irish mentality of Awh sure it's all a bit of craic

Would some please like to make an argument on Scotland v Wales minus bale. Wales have a better central defence, that's it. Robertson/Tierney would start for them.

Get into the English wannabes lads #ybig

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: dundon13
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 3:55pm
My team for Monday would be:

Randolph

Cyrus   Duffy     Clark     Ward

Meyler    Arter

Hoolahan

Brady                      McClean

Murphy

Posted By: adineen98
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

My team for Monday would be:

Randolph

Cyrus   Duffy     Clark     Ward

Meyler    Arter

Hoolahan

Brady                      McClean

Murphy

+1. 

Can't see Hoolahan starting however, I feel Hendrick will start ahead of him

-------------
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 6:23pm
McCarthy, Hayes and McGoldrick confirmed out.

Gone back to their clubs also.

Posted By: Terzino
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 8:06pm
The fact we need to win gives me more hope than if we needed a draw.

When we have the attitude that a draw will do us we usually play poorly. However when we need a win we play a whole lot better.

So I don't think this will be a repeat of Glasgow, where it was a battle that we lost, but more like Lille, where we rode our luck but got over the line at the death.

Wales have been in this position before. They had home games to qualify for Mexico '86 and USA '94, and on both occasions late goals knocked them out.

If Ireland need a goal with 15 minutes or so left on the clock, you always think we'll score.

Tomorrow we'll get to see if history can repeat itself for the Welsh.

Posted By: Wheelo
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 8:12pm
Is this match on rte player?

-------------
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Should be in Ireland. If you're overseas you'll need a vpn. Maybe even in the north.

-------------

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Should be in Ireland. If you're overseas you'll need a vpn. Maybe even in the north.

Yeah, I've tried watching their games up north before and it's been geo-blocked.

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: Wheelo
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 8:26pm

Will be in Dublin (at work), wasn't sure away matches were shown on it. Happy days!

-------------
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster

Posted By: Gashley Grimes
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Yeah, I've tried watching their games up north before and it's been geo-blocked.

Match is on S4C Cymru - they should have a stream on their website.
http://www.s4c.cymru/en/sport/" rel="nofollow - http://www.s4c.cymru/en/sport/

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 8:31pm
My genuine concern is that given my expectation that we will start a 4-5-1 tomorrow, I am concerned about the depth we will have to actually turn the game if it's going into the last 30 minutes and we need inspiration. If Wes starts, I feel it will be problematic if we don't score. If Long wasn't out of form I'd be less concerned, but I struggle to see where late inspiration may come from.

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

My genuine concern is that given my expectation that we will start a 4-5-1 tomorrow, I am concerned about the depth we will have to actually turn the game if it's going into the last 30 minutes and we need inspiration. If Wes starts, I feel it will be problematic if we don't score. If Long wasn't out of form I'd be less concerned, but I struggle to see where late inspiration may come from.

James mcclean, the man is either gonna score a brace or get a straight red. Maybe both

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 8:48pm

I thought they abolished that overseas lark and you can access it from everywhere now?

Posted By: Icy Bread People
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 8:50pm
I wonder if our tactics will be more effective against Wales with the long balls. Serbia had a few giant defenders so it didn't work at all. Hopefully something comes of the long balls in Cardiff, a lucky bounce or mistake by a defender. 

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Icy Bread People Icy Bread People wrote:

I wonder if our tactics will be more effective against Wales with the long balls. Serbia had a few giant defenders so it didn't work at all. Hopefully something comes of the long balls in Cardiff, a lucky bounce or mistake by a defender. 

Like Ashley Williams by any chance (considering the desperate form he's been in)?

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: Jonny2Times
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

I thought they abolished that overseas lark and you can access it from everywhere now?

Where did you hear that?

Posted By: CillDara
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 9:03pm
Finally able to concentrate on tomorrow knowing a win will see us into the playoffs. I reckon it's going to be a cagey game to start off, with both teams sussing each other out. Chris Coleman said Wales are going to set up the same as the away leg and make it a physical game so this might not be one for the neutral. MON is in a bit of a tricky situation, if he starts an overly defensive team people are going to be critical that he is playing defensive in a must win game. If he goes gung-ho from the start, there is a chance that Wales will pick us off and it will be game over by half time.

I think our best bet of winning is by keeping it tight in the first half and when grabbing a goal when the game starts to open up naturally. For this reason, I think Hoolahan would be best off the bench (doubt he will start anyway) and I would also spring Long from the bench in the second half, although not sure what MON will do.

Hopefully Brady and McClean are fresh and feeling up for it, they are probably going to be our two biggest threats going forward for most of the game. I have a feeling it's going to be scoreless at half time and it's going to be watching behind the couch in the second half, where both teams know a draw is no good and anything can happen.

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 9:05pm
Surely weso has to start. Its our final chance. Has to. If we just end up hoofing it we will get beat 1 or 2 nil i reckon.

Posted By: Icy Bread People
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 9:13pm
He never seems to make subs until after the 70th minute or so, even when things are going terrible. If its not looking good I hope he makes the changes earlier. 

Posted By: adineen98
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 9:24pm
I just read on the42 that Bale might be available tomorrow night. Is this true? I thought he wasn't even named in Wales squad

-------------
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

I just read on the42 that Bale might be available tomorrow night. Is this true? I thought he wasn't even named in Wales squad

That's not correct. Apparently he's in Cardiff though, maybe that's what they mean.

Posted By: Lansdown Roar
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

You must be imagining things because he is definitely out.

-------------
They've only gone and done it

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net