You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chiedozie Ogbene

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 50>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 2:57pm
dont think he was ever involved with any of our junior squads and noel king has probably never heard of him, so expect a Nigeria senior call up pretty soon
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 5:37am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Makes the Brentford bench already
A carpenter and a footballer.Clap
LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 6:07am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Makes the Brentford bench already

A carpenter and a footballer.Clap

LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 12:34pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 12:47pm
Good luck to him
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 2:08pm
Speaks well and seems focussed on getting to the top. Good luck to him.
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 5:51pm
Definitely has the right attitude and mentality. He doesnt seemed fazed at all by the step up. 
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 11:31am
Scored for Brentford B vs Chelsea the other day, Involved in the other 2 goals aswell and almost every other highlight of the game!

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 11:03pm
Supposedly did well when he came on tonight
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 6:23pm
Delighted to see Ogbene involved before the season ends. Ireland need to get in gear and get this lad involved in the u21s asap. The potential is massive here.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 10:59am
Formally states that Nigeria is the country that he wants to represent if given the opportunity but says it would also be an honour to represent Ireland too.

I personally have no gripes with those comments, we've gained so many English born players over the years, while this lad was actually born in Nigeria and has full ties to the country. 

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 11:04am
Posted that link, but you beat me to it.

Disappointing, but he still hasn't closed the door completely on Ireland.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 27 May 2018 at 11:08am
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 11:13am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

He seems like a grounded kid and even admitted that theres a good chance that he won't be good enough for either team in the future.

I'd still be mildly optimistic that he could play for us, but we might have to wait a few years. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

He seems like a grounded kid and even admitted that theres a good chance that he won't be good enough for either team in the future.

I'd still be mildly optimistic that he could play for us, but we might have to wait a few years. 

To be fair to him, he's articulated how he feels excellently. If only other were in his situation were able to do the same.  If he feels more Nigerian and wants to represent them, Well good look to him 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 2:21pm
The Nigerian FA has been comprehensive in identifying and calling up talent. It wouldn’t surprise me if he got a cap in the near future. Looking at their squad, he doesn’t seem too far off the required level.

Don’t think anyone could begrudge him. Hope he makes a good career for himself
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 3:07pm
hope the lad from Southampton picks us
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

hope the lad from Southampton picks us

Imagine the outcry if himself and Ogbene were leading the Nigerian attack against us if we somehow drew them in the next World Cup. 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 4:02pm
Not sure outcry would the right term there, but it would make an interesting sub plot to the game
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 50>
  Share Topic