You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chiedozie Ogbene

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 50>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Ogbene is streets ahead of Sheppard, not just in terms of potential, but in terms of his actual level right now. I'd dare say the only area that Sheppard clearly outstrips Ogbene is in terms of aerial ability.

I don't want to start a big argument with Cork fans, but I really don't see how anyone could disagree with a word of that.

Doesn't need to be an argument but I would strongly disagree with your assertion that he would be far and away our best player if he re-signed. I would say he is weaker than Shep in many aspects including passing, finishing, heading, and awareness to name a few. I genuinely don't believe he would be am immediate starter and that is based on experience of the player, the manager and his would be teammates.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 6:02pm
That's fair enough, but again I'm presuming all of your thoughts on him are based on his time playing with Cork? Where he was a bit part player and a teenager.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

That's fair enough, but again I'm presuming all of your thoughts on him are based on his time playing with Cork? Where he was a bit part player and a teenager.

That and half a dozen Limerick games plus weekly highlights. Not am exhaustive sample but a decent one I would say.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 6:27pm
He is just not good enough for that level. They'll see his glorying and diving. He couldn't get a game for Cork for feck sake.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Jason Kelly Jason Kelly wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Jason you post some amount of sh1te.

Who do you follow?

Probably some Tan team.

He is decent, but currently not good enough for the Cork City starting xi and certainly not good enough to play international football for a side with pot 3 aspirations.

Tans? Maybe you hate everyone and not just blacks and refugees.

I follow Pats for the record. Ogbene would start ahead of Shepp if I was picking the team anyway. As much as I rate Sadlier, I thought he was in and out of the Cork team last season?

I don't hate anyone.

Sadlier was yes but thats because Dooley was an established player and Sads was only a newcomer. With Dooley gone to Coleraine Sadlier will be a regular starter.

Shepp is a key player for us out wide. Ogbene wouldn't get in ahead of him.

He is a decent player, i wish him well but no chance will he ever play for Ireland imo.
Sheppard has no legs,to say he is better than ogbene is laughable. Did you watch ogbene destroy Cork in September? The best player on the pitch by a mile. I will bet that ogbene will be in the Irish squad by March 12 months. Take off the rose tinted glasses.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 6:30pm

This guy couldn't get a game in the LoI with Cork City

Largely due to the fact he was 17/18 and playing a major part in the success of the u19 team and their European campaign.

Ogbenes potential was clear to everyone even back with his fleeting senior appearances at Cork City. He then went and proved his worth with Limerick after Cork (in particular John Caulfield) neglected to put up a fight for him by trying to match the offer he got from Limerick.

To dismiss him as a talent is laughable.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

He is just not good enough for that level. They'll see his glorying and diving. He couldn't get a game for Cork for feck sake.
did you see ogbene destroy Cork at the markets field?
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 7:28pm
Jesus certain sections of cork fans have to be the most bitter group of people he has just joined up with Brentford's first team for a big fee. He stood out massively and scored lots of goals from the wing in a very poor limerick team last year and almost single handedly kept us up, and caused cork an insane amount of problems when we beat ye and lost to ye in the FAI semi. He would be one of the first names on the cork team sheet if he was still there, but why is that even an argument, who actually gives a f**k.
Well known by everyone but cork fans that he was probably the brightest talent in the league and that's the reason so many clubs were fighting to sign him, so really he's already proved you all wrong.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

Anyone would have taken us apart. We won like one game in six or something. Any big team will see through his diving and glorying.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 9:14pm
The bitterness from some City fans more than likely stems from the manner of Ogbene's departure. It's wrong to say that we're unaware of his ability; I think most City fans, myself included, are aware that Cork City are the biggest losers (mostly financially) in all of this. Maybe it's something that City need to look into; between himself and Aaron Drinan, the club have lost two bright prospects and will more than likely have very little, if anything at all, to show for it.

Personally, I wish Ogbene well. I do think that if he was still at City, he would definitely be in the first team. Whether he would be in the side ahead of Sheppard and Sadlier, I can't say for sure, but the notion that he wouldn't be anywhere near the City squad is madness. As I said, I wish him good luck, hopefully he develops into the player we want him to be and, of course, declare for Ireland

Edited by adineen98 - 30 Jan 2018 at 9:15pm
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 9:23pm
Some of the problems stem from the fact that they are initially not good for our (cork city FC) starting xi after graduating from the u19's they move clubs (in corks instance to either limerick or Waterford) to get more first team football, they get their chance in a weaker team, take it and then attract cross channel interest. The problem is the gap between the u19's and the senior side with no u21 or reserve league this will continue to be a problem for us.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 9:36pm

Anyone would have taken us apart. We won like one game in six or something. Any big team will see through his diving and glorying.
rubbish mate.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 10:45pm

rubbish mate.

Look, I wish him well, I really do. If Richie Towell can't make it in the Championship then he won't. I feel that the Championship is too high of a standard for the best league of Ireland players.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 10:57pm

rubbish mate.

Look, I wish him well, I really do. If Richie Towell can't make it in the Championship then he won't. I feel that the Championship is too high of a standard for the best league of Ireland players.

Bizarre statement. Every player is different and things like preferred position, manager turnover, injuries and social influences can all have an affect. As everyone knows there are numerous examples of players who have gone from LOI into Championship and higher with no problem. I surely don't need to list them.
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 12:50pm
It's a hugely difficult position for Cork in that they obviously felt that they couldn't accommodate either Ogbene or Drinan in terms of first team action , a first team squad number or allied wage levels.
However it would appear that they did not fully appreciate the potential of these players which has cost the club an estimated €350/400 thousand in transfer fees
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 1:32pm
Cork took the "tried and tested" route alright, going with solid LOI players like Keohane, Dooley, and Beattie over the likes of Drinan and Ogbene. It's hard to criticise them too much, because going with that safe bet may well have helped them win the league, but it's certainly cost them a bit too in terms of talent wasted.
We're decent enough..
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 2:24pm
Makes the Brentford bench already
The only way is up
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Makes the Brentford bench already
A carpenter and a footballer.Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 50>
  Share Topic