You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chiedozie Ogbene

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 50>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 1:14pm
if he hits the ground running at Brentford, Nigeria will probably call him up for their pre world cup friendlies.
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 1:15pm
Isn't it still pretty much 50/50 in regard to will he either play for us or Nigeria?

Are there any guarantees that Ogbene will accept a call up if he's asked?

I know there was an article on him some time ago but I wonder what his thoughts are now. 

The logical thing to do would be to invite him into a training camp with the seniors, I think naming him in a full squad might be a little too much too soon. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 1:19pm
It is still 50/50 but Ogbene has came out and said he would never reject a call up from either side. Now if us and Nigeria tried to call him up at the same time that would be a different story.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

It is still 50/50 but Ogbene has came out and said he would never reject a call up from either side. Now if us and Nigeria tried to call him up at the same time that would be a different story.

Now more than ever African countries are exploring all avenues in regard to widening their player pools, so now is the time to act if we want to make Ogbene will be playing for Ireland.

Personally, I'm not a fan of just capping dual nationality players for the sake especially young players!

I feel a call up should be earned, but I would have zero issue with Ogbene getting asked to link up to the senior team to train and sure if he impresses brilliant get him involved for the next game.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Transfer to Brentford completed

Straight into the first-team squad appearantly.
Has to start against Turkey.

I know you're ripping the p*ss but I really expect this lad to kick on hugely. If he can get regular game time at Brentford he will get better and better. I can see him tearing it up in the Championship next season. It's a long time since I've seen a young Irish player with his ability to skin people and leave them for dead in the way he does. He's still a bit raw but you can see the more minutes of league action he plays, the better and more clinical he's becoming. He did the right thing in moving from Cork for that reason.

On the Nigeria/Ireland thing, I think it's first come first served. Unless he's getting game time soon, obviously can't call him straight into the Irish squad for Turkey game. I would love to see him at least go with the training squad though. These are the kind of situations Ireland need to get right going forward to tie players down. Imo, the nations league is the perfect competition to do such a thing and it's an awful shame MON is the man there for this opportunity.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

I know you're ripping the p*ss but I really expect this lad to kick on hugely. If he can get regular game time at Brentford he will get better and better. I can see him tearing it up in the Championship next season. It's a long time since I've seen a young Irish player with his ability to skin people and leave them for dead in the way he does. He's still a bit raw but you can see the more minutes of league action he plays, the better and more clinical he's becoming. He did the right thing in moving from Cork for that reason.

On the Nigeria/Ireland thing, I think it's first come first served. Unless he's getting game time soon, obviously can't call him straight into the Irish squad for Turkey game. I would love to see him at least go with the training squad though. These are the kind of situations Ireland need to get right going forward to tie players down. Imo, the nations league is the perfect competition to do such a thing and it's an awful shame MON is the man there for this opportunity.

I've often see him play 3 or 4 times, my thoughts exactly but you could see with the right coaching and the exposure of playing with/against better players he has plenty of potential to push on.

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 1:32pm

A call up to the under-21’s and perhaps a training camp with the senior squad could be a good shout.

Ogbene arguaby should have been called up to the Under-21’s last season.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I've often see him play 3 or 4 times, my thoughts exactly but you could see with the right coaching and the exposure of playing with/against better players he has plenty of potential to push on.

I know I'm seen as a bit of a grammar Nazi on here, a badge I wear with honour, but there has to be some sort of standards! I mean, how often have you 'see him play 3 or 4 times"?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 1:43pm

Agree with you, seen almost every game he played last season and I've genuinely never seen a player improve and develop so quickly, was a completely different player by the end of the season and rang rings around the cork defense twice. Was a joke he never got called up to the U21's 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 1:51pm

This fella's name reminds me of a player who played for Gillingham a few years ago. He scored a wonder goal one week and I remember they called him an Irish striker. Osadebe or something? Haven't heard of him since.

Just released by Cambridge United and signed for Newport on a free, made his debut there the weekend before last as a substitute. I'm not sure if he was involved against Spurs. He seems to be a talented lad but there are questions over his attitude.

He was loaned to Newport, not released.
We're decent enough..
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 1:55pm
Obafemi and Ogbene will lead the Nigerian attack in this years world cup

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 2:07pm
With Shodipo and Afolabi on the wings.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

This fella's name reminds me of a player who played for Gillingham a few years ago. He scored a wonder goal one week and I remember they called him an Irish striker. Osadebe or something? Haven't heard of him since.

Just released by Cambridge United and signed for Newport on a free, made his debut there the weekend before last as a substitute. I'm not sure if he was involved against Spurs. He seems to be a talented lad but there are questions over his attitude.

He was loaned to Newport, not released.

You are correct, apologies. He is persona non grata at Cambridge either way, that has been made clear.
Jason Kelly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 2:15pm
Ogbene will never be good enough to play international football for Ireland.

He goes down if someone looks in his direction. Any referee of International standard wouldnt tolerate his antics.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Jason Kelly Jason Kelly wrote:

He goes down if someone looks in his direction. Any referee of International standard wouldnt tolerate his antics.

So does Neymar and he is doing alright at it!
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 2:19pm

So does Neymar and he is doing alright at it!

Barry Cotter loves a dive!
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 2:31pm

Aren't you the same fella who said "And fellas in the stand shouting Go Back To Africa. I don't condone it but its hardly racism either." about the abuse ogbene got in the cross
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 2:41pm

I'd say your basing your opinion on him as he is black and has an African name Clown
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 50>
  Share Topic