You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chiedozie Ogbene

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 50>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 10:51am
Lovely finish for his goal last night & showed serious pace to get into position in the first place. Seems to be improving the more he plays - 100 % worthy of his place in the Irish team/squad.
Sponsored Links

Hurlbhoy19 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurlbhoy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 11:24am
he is showing good form and hard work rate needs to keep it up and piss on get few more goals under his belt 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

League 1 is his level, he has pace and is pysical and he can fashion out a great career for himself, but it wouldn't see him do well in the championship.

If people want ireland to qualify for tournaments we need to get players with good technical ability not just hard workers. Ogbene's technical ability is not good enough to see us do that from what I've seen so far.

Kenny's approach is more in line with technical players. I think people are blinded by his goals in a green shirt and the fact that he's a lovely lad.

Imagine being blinded by a striker's goals.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 12:07pm
Hopefully being Nigerian by birth, Ogbene won't be inflicted with the generational low esteem that's passed on thorough osmosis.

Some batsh*te thoughts on here. If Ogbene can't catch a break, then based on the rest of team, we may as well disband the international team.

cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

League 1 is his level, he has pace and is pysical and he can fashion out a great career for himself, but it wouldn't see him do well in the championship.

If people want ireland to qualify for tournaments we need to get players with good technical ability not just hard workers. Ogbene's technical ability is not good enough to see us do that from what I've seen so far.

Kenny's approach is more in line with technical players. I think people are blinded by his goals in a green shirt and the fact that he's a lovely lad.

Imagine being blinded by a striker's goals.

LOL
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 12:16pm

He has played really well since he has come into the team. Simple as that. Gives us something we don't have. He may not be the most technical player but so what. Its not as if we can just go out and suddenly pick these gifted players on the ball. 
I love beer gardens
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 12:16pm
scores goals and he's a nice lad. I'm happy to be blinded if this is what all our forwards are like!!
Ogbene for captain Big smile

He's not ever gonna be the most technical player but it takes all sorts to make a team and what he brings to the mix is something we badly needed over the last few games
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 12:29pm
It boils down to two things. 

1) does the player suit the system that can Kenny wants to play?

2) people inflate the standard of international football way over what it deserves. When you're not sitting in the top 10 or 15 teams in the world, then not much has changed in international football over the years. A well drilled team who knows what they're doing collectively and individually will always have a chance. 

And if you're lucky enough to have a generational player come along into that mix....Lewandoeski,  Bale, Ibrahimovic... then you go up a notch again.

Mitrovic supposedly can't cut it at the highest level at club. Does any Serbian fan give a sh!te?

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 1:30pm
some awful rubbish on here.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 2:23pm
Some amount of bollox alright! Not international standard? Define international standard from an Irish perspective? 

One of the best performers under Kenny, yet shouldn't be in the squad..

Once all these world class players we have come through to replace Ogbene, we can get rid! Confused
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 2:25pm
Is his technical ability any worse than mccleans? I would say not a chance.. if he can also go on to score 11 goals for Ireland I will be very happy Clap
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 2:40pm
I like Ogbene - and not just because he's a nice guy, he's also developing really well as a footballer. Yes, he was mainly raw pace and not much else when he first went to Rotherham but he has really kicked on a level in the last year. Some players develop later than others and Ogbene is one who is doing it in his mid 20s but that doesn't matter as long as he is developing well, which he is.

I thought his goal last night was a really smart finish actually. Similar to one Wes scored for Cambridge a few weeks ago. He's well worth a place in the squad and I can see him becoming a solid Championship player - at the very least - in the next year or two.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 2:56pm

What message would Kenny be sending out if he calls up players, they play brilliant and score goals and then he drops them? Confused He has earned his place cause he played well in Kenny's system. 

In the long term he might not be good enough but he will be in the next squad on merit.
It would damage this forums' reputation
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 2:59pm

When we fail to qualify for a tournament or even win a game for that matter, the finger gets pointed at Kenny or whomever the manager is at the time. Calls for him to be replaced with another manager rings loud and clear.

In order to win games we need players that can play to a high standard, this shouldn't shock anyone. 

We've had some good players in the past, I'm not including world class players like Roy Keane, mcgrath, Brady etc just the good players like Duff, Dunne, mcateer, Houghton etc.

We have Coleman and Duffy who can be considered good players, Doherty maybe but very hit or miss.

Our midfield and attack are black holes in terms of ability, Robinson being the stand out and he's only ok at best if we're being honest.

We're going into these games in the next couple of weeks and the quality isn't there (yet) 

Ogbene is not going to be a player that meets the ambition of the team to qualify for tournaments. But if he plays and we lose you'll point the finger at Kenny... 

So basically, we have loads of crap players so we need to drop Ogbene because he is crap and replace him with a different crap player LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 3:32pm

Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Is his technical ability any worse than mccleans? I would say not a chance.. if he can also go on to score 11 goals for Ireland I will be very happy Clap

No, his technical ability is no worse than mcclean but this is probably partially the reason we havent qualified for the world cup for 20+ years. 

Look, I'm being harsh of Ogbene, I know that. I'm definitely not ruling out him proving me wrong. I'll happily wear egg on my face if that's the case.

I'd place him in the same box as Horgan, did well for us when he came on, gave 100% without a doubt but probably not someone who's going to turn it around for us medium to long term.

If I'm wrong fair enough.

It's just odd. It's not like Ogbene is keeping out a better player. Why is he getting grief?

I don't think there's any player better that what we have that Kenny isn't picking. (Maybe Ronan, but expect a call up on Friday)

We have a load of middling players that aren't up to "standard". No beef with them?

The issue isn't Ogbene. It's the team. The weakest selection we've had in nearly 40 years. We are where we are. 

notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 4:54pm

Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

No, his technical ability is no worse than mcclean but this is probably partially the reason we havent qualified for the world cup for 20+ years. 

Look, I'm being harsh of Ogbene, I know that. I'm definitely not ruling out him proving me wrong. I'll happily wear egg on my face if that's the case.

I'd place him in the same box as Horgan, did well for us when he came on, gave 100% without a doubt but probably not someone who's going to turn it around for us medium to long term.

If I'm wrong fair enough.

He's done more than Horgan and shown more than Horgan ever has in an Ireland jersey ffs LOL

As said about, why are you focussing in on Ogbene? Should be dropped out of the squad and for who? What's your expectation for Irish players and why are you being harsh on him? It makes no sense, it's not like he's been parachuted into the squad at the expense of someone better and has failed miserably LOL

He's quick, he seems to love player for Ireland and is a good personality. Happy for him to be in and around the senior squad until form rules him out or pure quality in his position keeps him out. 
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

So basically, we have loads of crap players so we need to drop Ogbene because he is crap and replace him with a different crap player LOL

well summarised LOLLOLLOL
KingKenny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingKenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 6:10pm
Biggest load of sh*t that I've seen on here lmao. Ogbene was immense for us against both Portugal and Luxembourg. His technical ability was good enough to go up against a strong Portugal defense.

Imo racial bias is the main reason he's only described as being fast and powerful. The exact same thing happened Thomas Partey when he signed for Arsenal. Only described as strong and powerful when his technical ability is by far his strongest attribute.

Edit: Any reason the mods aren't appriving this post?

Edited by KingKenny - 16 Mar 2022 at 9:06pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 50>
  Share Topic