You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chiedozie Ogbene

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 50>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 4:31pm
Comes on just before half time for the injured Georgie Kelly who himself came on for the injured Conor Washington on the 37th minute.
Sponsored Links

rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Ogbene seems a classic example of a late developer, is improving in his mid 20s at a rate you maybe wouldn't expect from a player that age. 

His rate of improvement is remarkable. At City I thought he'd never make in the LOI - poor first touch I thought. At Limerick he did make it but I still thought a move to England was wildly optimistic. Shows what I know....
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Ogbene seems a classic example of a late developer, is improving in his mid 20s at a rate you maybe wouldn't expect from a player that age. 

His rate of improvement is remarkable. At City I thought he'd never make in the LOI - poor first touch I thought. At Limerick he did make it but I still thought a move to England was wildly optimistic. Shows what I know....

It's amazing alright and I don't think he is done improving yet. 

Stephen Kenny was probably ahead of the curve on his selection of Ogbene too. He made his debut against Hungary on the back of 11 appearances in the Championship with no goals in 20/21 (might have been injured). International exposure and additional coaching and game time at that level has surely contributed to the improvement too. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 7:42pm
Yeah he got a bad knee injury three games in that kept him out till the following April. Kenny was always a fan of Ogbene and tried to sign him when he was leaving Limerick.
Sheedy11 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheedy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 9:16pm
Go Chieo!
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 8:46pm
First assist of the season vs Sheff Utd
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 8:46pm
Got the assist which sees Rotherham 1-0 up at half time. Before that Kioso probably had Rotherham's best chance when he made the keeper work with a header. Stevens possibly lucky that he didn't give away a penalty just before half time. No decent angle to see how much contact there was.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 1:02pm
Sixth league goal of the season today; Kelly back fit and on the bench.
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Sixth league goal of the season today; Kelly back fit and on the bench.

That seems a bit of a shock about Kelly. Thought they were initially suspecting a good few months out.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 2:40pm
WalesOnline reporting that Ogbene is Swansea's number 1 target this January.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 2:45pm
Wasn't in Rotherhams match day squad yesterday. Might be getting ready to sell him. They're linked with some lad from Larne fc as his replacement.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 3:05pm
And is Ogbene replacing Obafemi? 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 3:58pm
He wud be as well stay at Rotherham. Dont really see that as a step forward
I love beer gardens
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Wasn't in Rotherhams match day squad yesterday. Might be getting ready to sell him. They're linked with some lad from Larne fc as his replacement.
He's injured.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

He wud be as well stay at Rotherham. Dont really see that as a step forward

Rotherham will struggle to stay up and he is jumping from a relegation flirter to a mid table, possible play off pusher. It's a fine move.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 7:32pm
Rotherham want a higher price than what they been offered so far. Boro, Swansea & Millwall interested.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 7:47pm
Can see him staying till the summer and then walking on a free.

Edited by J89 - 24 Jan 2023 at 7:53pm
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 7:51pm
Yeah, might be the best option.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 50>
  Share Topic