You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chiedozie Ogbene

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 50>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 5:34pm
Looking very likely Ipswich will sign him, but talks of no deal being done till July. Ipswich also have Barry Cotter on trial.
Sponsored Links

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 7:11pm
Deal reached between Limerick and Brentford believed to be €250k so Ogbene's on his way there. Barry Cotter expected to be snapped up by Ipswich also.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Deal reached between Limerick and Brentford believed to be €250k so Ogbene's on his way there. Barry Cotter expected to be snapped up by Ipswich also.
that would be a decent enough fee. The english clubs are really looking over here lately for bargains.

Edited by doherty - 26 Jan 2018 at 9:58pm
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 4:17pm
This guy is incredibly talented. Can see him making a massive impact in the Championship. The more games he plays the better he will become. I'm going to put it out there right now, he will be a star for Ireland in years to come if he we tie him down!

Is Mick McCarthy signing Cotter? Jaysus LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

This guy is incredibly talented. Can see him making a massive impact in the Championship. The more games he plays the better he will become. I'm going to put it out there right now, he will be a star for Ireland in years to come if he we tie him down!

Is Mick McCarthy signing Cotter? Jaysus LOL

Is Cotter any good?
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 4:56pm
He's the Neymar lookalike, isn't he?
We're decent enough..
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 5:00pm
Ya Cotter is the Neymar looking lad. Well he used to be a couple of years ago when he had the longer hair. I don't want to be particularly mean to the young fella, but I have no idea what Mick McCarthy is on if he's signing him at Ipswich. I don't think he'd get on any first division LOI side except as a filler.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 27 Jan 2018 at 5:01pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 12:59am
Having seen almost every game he played last season Cotter is honestly nowhere near good enough to even be playing LOI and I think the whole city is baffled by the move. He really shouldn't be anywhere near the squad and has a stinking attitude. Maybe he'll prove everybody wrong but I'd be absolutely shocked.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 11:00am
Transfer to Brentford completed
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Straight into the first-team squad appearantly.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Straight into the first-team squad appearantly.
Has to start against Turkey.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 11:29am
If he plays a few games for Brentford between now and then, no reason why he shouldn't be called into the squad.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 11:36am
I would like to see about 8 or 9 new faces in the squad for the Turkey game, rather than the usual old, wrong side of 30, tried and tested players.

Nothing to lose in giving new lads a chance.

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 12:01pm

I would like to see about 8 or 9 new faces in the squad for the Turkey game, rather than the usual old, wrong side of 30, tried and tested players.

Nothing to lose in giving new lads a chance.

The ranking points kid, the points!
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 12:15pm

Ogbene should be able to get up to speed with the physicality of the Championship pretty quickly. He is very strong and quick. I'm backing him to succeed over there. 
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 12:21pm
This fella's name reminds me of a player who played for Gillingham a few years ago. He scored a wonder goal one week and I remember they called him an Irish striker. Osadebe or something? Haven't heard of him since.

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 12:30pm

This fella's name reminds me of a player who played for Gillingham a few years ago. He scored a wonder goal one week and I remember they called him an Irish striker. Osadebe or something? Haven't heard of him since.

Emanuel Osadebe https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Osadebe
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 12:56pm

Just released by Cambridge United and signed for Newport on a free, made his debut there the weekend before last as a substitute. I'm not sure if he was involved against Spurs. He seems to be a talented lad but there are questions over his attitude.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 50>
  Share Topic