FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chiedozie Ogbene

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 50>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Follows up his goal and Motm performance on Monday with a good assist for hugill to put Rotherham 1 up!
2nd assist for Ogbene
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 3:24pm
Follows up his goal and Motm performance on Monday with a good assist for hugill to put Rotherham 1 up!
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 6:45pm

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Good to see him on the scoresheet tonight. Hasn't been in great form of late. Nearly had a cracking goal at the start or the game with the post coming to the rescue.

Delighted for him, he needed that badly after a run of 11 games with no goal and just one assist. Played pretty much wide right for most of the night. I like him, but I dont think he's a central striker. For me his best position is right of a front 3 and unfortunately for him, that's not how we are set up currently (vs big teams at least). No reason why we cant play that way though vs the likes of Gibralter, maybe Greece at home. A front 3 of an in form Connolly (I know!) on the LHS, Ferguson/Idah in the middle and Ogbene/Obafemi on the right should deliver an attacking threat against weaker teams at least.

Might get away with it against Gibraltar but we'll get overrun in midfield against Greece if we try that setup again.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 4:27pm

Good to see him on the scoresheet tonight. Hasn't been in great form of late. Nearly had a cracking goal at the start or the game with the post coming to the rescue.

Delighted for him, he needed that badly after a run of 11 games with no goal and just one assist. Played pretty much wide right for most of the night. I like him, but I dont think he's a central striker. For me his best position is right of a front 3 and unfortunately for him, that's not how we are set up currently (vs big teams at least). No reason why we cant play that way though vs the likes of Gibralter, maybe Greece at home. A front 3 of an in form Connolly (I know!) on the LHS, Ferguson/Idah in the middle and Ogbene/Obafemi on the right should deliver an attacking threat against weaker teams at least.

Agree with you there, John. Not a out and out CF but could always grab one if he's thrown into that role. Certainly much more effective on the right and always puts a shift in.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 3:58pm

Idah Dream!
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 7:47am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Them of the match 
Daily fine avoided
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 11:35pm
Of course he'd score & get MOTM vs Swansea. LOL

Good for him, hopefully this can kick-start a run of form.

Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

Is he our most in form striker this season overall?

https://forum.ybig.ie/striker-comparison-thread_topic58573_page5.html
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 11:24pm
Is he our most in form striker this season overall?
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 10:33pm
That was good poachers finish Clap
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 10:27pm
Them of the match 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 10:09pm
Player of the match no?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 9:55pm
Named man of the match
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 9:26pm
Delighted for him Cool
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 9:14pm
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 9:14pm
Scores! Has looked dangerous and awkward to deal with.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 2:22pm
Big game for Rotherham and Chiedozie tonight on the box away to Ryan Manning's Swansea. Rotherham could really do with the points and Ogbene really needs a goal, no goal now in 11 games (just the 1 assist).

Will be an interesting watch with Manning, Coventry and Dozie all likely to start. Georgie Kelly may get another spin off the bench also. Kioso seems to be out with an injury, hasnt featured since 14th January.
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 1:53pm
I think we need to have an Irish player version of one of these to be sent to UK TV and radio commentators. Although, ironically, it looks like I've been pronouncing Ogbene's name wrong for about five years, so maybe we're just as bad ourselves.

Edited by You Tell Me - 05 Feb 2023 at 1:54pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 3:59pm
Reported to be available for £1m today if any team wants to buy him. Bargain of the transfer window for a Championship club I would have thought.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 50>
  Share Topic