You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 57>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 11:44am
Some amount of rubbish written here on Molumbys performance last night . I watched the game. I thought he did alright in general and was decent on the ball and put in his usual committed performance. A lot of the Albion players were a lot worse than him . To me he looks like a player who is still learning and I wouldn’t write him off. He seems to be taking stuff on board and seems to be not as rash in the tackle as he used to be . 
Sponsored Links

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 11:55am
I watched the game and thought he was fine.
One thing he has in abundance is legs - he can run all game and gets around the pitch well.

He's another lad who needs a consistent run of games before we really know where he's at.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 12:10pm
Yeah he looked fine, no world beater but a decent effort. But I don't get the need to write off young players if they don't dominate every match like some on this forum seem to.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Yeah he looked fine, no world beater but a decent effort. But I don't get the need to write off young players if they don't dominate every match like some on this forum seem to.

Ah, it's unreal. And the posters writing lads off are often the first to stick the boot in with accusations of green tinted glasses and hype when neither charge may even be fair. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 1:27pm
Didn't see last night's game. Molumby is doing okay for himself and I think he will go on to have a decent career. He's already having a decent career he's a reasonably big part of a promotion chasing Championship team. He's still only 22 so has time on his side as well.

Personally I don't see him making the step up to top flight football as in capable of playing a good 4/5 years in the Premier League long term. That's not to say he mightnt do in time.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 1:57pm
Only one poster said Molumby was poor against Blackburn. He will figure on panels, especially in the Kenny era, but a key player at international level? Please! That's not sticking the boot in - it's an unbiased opinion on the player. Those flatlining over alternative views of Molumby and others are not fans - they're fanboys. 
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 4:22pm
the problem Molumby has is the standard of hoofball that west brom play. Its hard to have an impact on the game when your always watching the ball sailing over your head. 

just look at Coventry to see what a change of style can do. dropped into a team that play nice football and he looks great. At least Molumby is getting games and experience which will be good for him when he looks to breathrough to the Brighton team next season. 

Edited by Heimatklange - 15 Feb 2022 at 4:23pm
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

just look at Coventry to see what a change of style can do. dropped into a team that play nice football and he looks great.

Except Peterborough do play out, they do play ball. Did you know that  ?
They aren't good enough to at the level, but thats another discussion entirely & their fans would like them to be more pragmatic to stay up.

Coventry kept giving the ball away in the opponents half in positions & situations you cannot cough up possession in that league, happened several games running & he stopped featuring. Did you know that  ?

He's dropped a level, where a lesser player can look ok. Go down the levels far enough and everyone on here can be the best plyer out there  :) 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 5:45pm
I knew it.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 2:49am
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

the problem Molumby has is the standard of hoofball that west brom play. Its hard to have an impact on the game when your always watching the ball sailing over your head. 

just look at Coventry to see what a change of style can do. dropped into a team that play nice football and he looks great. At least Molumby is getting games and experience which will be good for him when he looks to breathrough to the Brighton team next season. 
1. The fate that befalls young Irish hopefuls. They're loaned to dowdy lower-league clubs/managers unworthy of their silken skills. 
2. But the feral, bootcamp experience facilitates a return to their rightful stage - the EPL. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 8:13pm
Scuffs one in for West Brom. Big deflection.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 8:19pm
Hopefully he didn't do that celebration again.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 8:29pm
Also booked for a foul on his clubmate Connolly.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 8:36pm
Lucky goal but he's having a decent game. Much to my annoyance as someone who dislokes West Brom. Tongue
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 9:42pm
Molumby was OK but no more than that. He's willing but limited unfortunately, can see him ending up back at Millwall in the next year or two.
trapscat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

In a game with limited quality and no stand out players, I think Molumby did ok without be very good. 

Oshea, who was playing at right back looked like he hadn't played for 179ndays but still did ok in places.

Connolly was pretty poor but I'd say Andy Carroll was worse. Connolly was better in the last game so hopefully will get better the more he plays.

Mcnair probably the best irish player on the pitch sadly 
Spot on assessment molumby good, but nothing spectacular. O shea looked rusty, but good to get a full game in. Connolly quite enough. 
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 7:27am
Mollumby v limited player. Same again tonight, no quality on the ball but plenty endeavour. Things worked for him at millwall and hopefully he can get back to a similar place with similar club. Not international level or near it but hopefully he gets a club move & gets settled somewhere. Clearly a good lad.
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 11:29am
legs have gone lads
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 57>
  Share Topic