You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 57>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Dig up stupid!

Who's stupid? 
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 2:25pm
It’s a wee joke bud! Relax, don’t be crying to the Mods please x 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 2:57pm
I am relaxed. I'm just wondering who is this fella that you want to dig up. Confused
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

There seems to be a pattern in how Molumby's performances are described, I hear 'aggressive in the tackle', 'busy and energetic', 'covered a lot of ground', 'showed persistence and drive'. 

I never hear, 'used the ball well', 'reads the game', 'clever in the pass', showed real quality' etc.

He's still young and learning but there needs to be more to his game than hard running. He'll end up dropping down a league if he doesn't show more.

This
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

There seems to be a pattern in how Molumby's performances are described, I hear 'aggressive in the tackle', 'busy and energetic', 'covered a lot of ground', 'showed persistence and drive'. 

I never hear, 'used the ball well', 'reads the game', 'clever in the pass', showed real quality' etc.

He's still young and learning but there needs to be more to his game than hard running. He'll end up dropping down a league if he doesn't show more.

People tell me there was more to his game at Millwall a couple of seasons back, but your first paragraph describes my view of him any time I've watched him for Ireland/West Brom - busy, energetic, sometimes overly aggressive, etc. These aren't necessarily bad characteristics if he can bring an element of control and tactical discipline to his game, but I have yet to see him consistently display any real quality on the ball. He often worries me with the manner in which he flies in to tackles. I'm not sure he'll necessarily drop down a league, but based on what I've seen of him, there's very little reason to believe he can make the step up to the elite level. Hopefully he continues to improve with game time and he certainly looks physically capable of playing at a decent level, but I'm not sure there's much more to his game. Happy if he proves me wrong and he is just 22yo, so has time on his side. 

It appears to me that Knight at 20 is similarly energetic, but he has a bit more tactical nous about him, a greater attacking instinct, offers much more in the final third and has a much better awareness of the game going on around him.

As I said on the Kilkenny thread, it would be nice to see a Killumby emerging! Put the best of the two of them together and you'd have a player!
Idah Dream!
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 8:29pm
Even in his performances for the u21s, I think you'd describe him as energetic, aggressive, a leader, brave, etc. He played very well in most games but I'm not sure if these chatacteristics alone are enough to get you to the Premier League. I'd be confident he can have a good career in the championship and for Ireland but not sure if he has the technical ability or discipline for the top flight. 
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 9:21pm
Great tackle from Molumby! The goys will want to call him up for the 6 Nations.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 9:32pm
He might be available, won't be playing for West Brom for a few games after that red
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 9:42pm
He is going to need to learn when to hold back from the all action approach - just couldn't go for that tackle when on a yellow. There's a good player in there, but he's very raw at the same time.
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 9:48pm
Was very average until he got sent off, v conservative in everything he did.  Might be a while before he gets back in.
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 9:50pm
He was doing well until the red card. 

Horrible conditions to be playing in, fell sorry for him as so easy to pick up yellows. 
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 11:51pm
he’s defo not the answer to any of our questions but hopefully he’ll get a decent career out of football. Not a young lad anymore so the “learning” part doesn’t apply to him. He’ll be let go by Brighton at end of season, Albion are big audition for him and not going well so far. Zero attacking instinct & no where near good enough on ball or disciplined to be holding mf at international level.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 1:01am
Originally posted by SeanC SeanC wrote:

he’s defo not the answer to any of our questions but hopefully he’ll get a decent career out of football. Not a young lad anymore so the “learning” part doesn’t apply to him. He’ll be let go by Brighton at end of season, Albion are big audition for him and not going well so far. Zero attacking instinct & no where near good enough on ball or disciplined to be holding mf at international level.
he's only just turned 22 Stern Smile
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 1:11am

People tell me there was more to his game at Millwall a couple of seasons back, but your first paragraph describes my view of him any time I've watched him for Ireland/West Brom - busy, energetic, sometimes overly aggressive, etc. These aren't necessarily bad characteristics if he can bring an element of control and tactical discipline to his game, but I have yet to see him consistently display any real quality on the ball. He often worries me with the manner in which he flies in to tackles. I'm not sure he'll necessarily drop down a league, but based on what I've seen of him, there's very little reason to believe he can make the step up to the elite level. Hopefully he continues to improve with game time and he certainly looks physically capable of playing at a decent level, but I'm not sure there's much more to his game. Happy if he proves me wrong and he is just 22yo, so has time on his side. 

It appears to me that Knight at 20 is similarly energetic, but he has a bit more tactical nous about him, a greater attacking instinct, offers much more in the final third and has a much better awareness of the game going on around him.

As I said on the Kilkenny thread, it would be nice to see a Killumby emerging! Put the best of the two of them together and you'd have a player!
Oh my prophetic soul, it was par for the course again tonight for jayson, I just don't see it with him, card magnet, no vision, i'd have about 10 lads ahead of him for an ireland spot, headless!
Idah Dream!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 9:33am

Molly starts again tonight. Robinson in the starting line up too.

Gardner-hickman on the bench.

Surely a banning offence?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 10:25am

One of the best Irish player write offs I have seen in a while. Christ. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

One of the best Irish player write offs I have seen in a while. Christ. 

What part do you disagree with?

I'd trust his judgement on players more than yours considering the amount of energy you invested in defending the merits of someone who currently can't get into Charlton's squad in League One.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 27 Nov 2021 at 11:18am
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 11:16am
There's no in-between on this forum or the internet in general regards to judging players. One bad game he's dirt and will never play for Ireland one good game and he's the second coming of Roy Keane. Wait until the lad has a good run of games like he did at Millwall and cements himself at a club before posting crap. He's a good prospect with some v good qualitys who can and will improve.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 27 Nov 2021 at 11:17am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 57>
  Share Topic