You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 57>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:58pm
Didn't get a look in today. 

Very average Preston side you'd want to see him make his mark.

To be fair it might take time for him to find his feet in a relatively new team.
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:17pm
Preston are utter muck, their style of play is muck, their performances are muck and their results and league position are muck. Only for Trevor Hemmings being a sympathetic type person Alex Neill should have been given the boot. I thought Molumby did well anytime he played for them.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Preston are utter muck, their style of play is muck, their performances are muck and their results and league position are muck. Only for Trevor Hemmings being a sympathetic type person Alex Neill should have been given the boot. I thought Molumby did well anytime he played for them.

With any other manager, they probably would've been relegated by now. He has them punching above their weight, within touching distance of the playoff positions year-on-year.
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 9:04pm
Only 4 points in the 7 of Molumbys starts at Preston.. 
Next move will be massive for him
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by wexfordman1 wexfordman1 wrote:

Only 4 points in the 7 of Molumbys starts at Preston.. 
Next move will be massive for him

Doesnt make for good reading, he's only in because Browne was out. Doesnt sound like he's covered himself in glory.

Preston are bang average for a championship team and his performances dont inspire confidence.

Played a holding role with Whiteman today by the look of it, which is his best position for me.

Preston played him in a more advanced role when he started playing with them and it's just not his strongest area.

I think he should buckle down and start making his mark.
Birdcracker View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birdcracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 9:42pm
I watched some of this game as well as the Ipswich one.
Molumby will have to improve immensely to make it as a premiership footballer..His heart is in the right place and he makes an effort every game he plays but he is nothing to write home about.. Always looks knackered after half hour.. Cullen and knight are much better players. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 2:57pm
Would have been just as well if he stayed at Brighton.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Would have been just as well if he stayed at Brighton.
This makes no sense and is a sad exaggeration. He has made 10 appearances so far. He had made 1 at Brighton. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 2:54pm
Bench again today. Progress seems to have completely stopped with him. Was actually better off last year than this year.

I get the feeling that molumby will be a championship player rather that the premier league player we'd hoped he'd be. 

Of the young player we seen as the next generation I would say 

Connolly, knight, Collins, oshea, smallbone and kelleher will be the only premier league level players so far 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 3:00pm
He was dropped the last 6 games last games with Millwall last season as well. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 4:47pm
Preston seem to rotate constantly regardless of the player. Bit of a strange club and even the manager some tell you he’s completely clueless and I have seen others tell you hes performing miracles with them. 

I don’t know enough to excericse judgement either way but they polarise. He’s getting minutes with Preston it’s better then what he was getting at Brighton. 

I still wouldn’t worry about him long term think he will play Premier League football in the coming years.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 5:24pm
I'm getting the feeling Molumby is showing that his level is that of an average championship player.

In the last 7 games for a bang average Preston team he's played 90mins once. Not got off the bench in 4 of the 7 games.

Last seven games look 

1. Bench 
2. 1 minute played 
3. Played 90 mins (team lost)
4. Bench
5. Bench 
6. 45mins played (team lost)
7. Today's games - bench 

Even with Browne suspended he can't get some minutes from the bench today despite Preston making 5 substitutes he wasn't one of them.

The competition in midfield is not that great at Preston he's been given chances and he's not taking them. 

I hope im wrong bit I don't feel hes going to be a big player for us.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 5:55pm
I really would have preferred him going back to Millwall. Playing at the same level as Preston but highly thought of there. PNE seems to be a bit of a graveyard for Irish prospects (I know that sounds dramatic).

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

I really would have preferred him going back to Millwall. Playing at the same level as Preston but highly thought of there. PNE seems to be a bit of a graveyard for Irish prospects (I know that sounds dramatic).

I disagree i think a lot of bang average irish players have gone there in the past
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 6:00pm
this place is gas PNE have given plenty of Irish lads a decent chance where others didn’t.
Millwall were being hounded on here for playing hoof ball and they were at fault for Parrotts poor form.

If our lads went out and did the business they would be playing 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

this place is gas PNE have given plenty of Irish lads a decent chance where others didn’t.
Millwall were being hounded on here for playing hoof ball and they were at fault for Parrotts poor form.

+1
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I'm getting the feeling Molumby is showing that his level is that of an average championship player.

In the last 7 games for a bang average Preston team he's played 90mins once. Not got off the bench in 4 of the 7 games.

Last seven games look 

1. Bench 
2. 1 minute played 
3. Played 90 mins (team lost)
4. Bench
5. Bench 
6. 45mins played (team lost)
7. Today's games - bench 

Even with Browne suspended he can't get some minutes from the bench today despite Preston making 5 substitutes he wasn't one of them.

The competition in midfield is not that great at Preston he's been given chances and he's not taking them. 

I hope im wrong bit I don't feel hes going to be a big player for us.

So a spell out of the Preston team is enough to write him off? You know he's only 21 and did well at Millwall last season? Have you ever heard of a young players experiencing peaks and troughs? 

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Come off it. There are as many quick to blame the Irish player as the English club. Plenty. "This place is gas" when people are queuing up to write Parrott off and saying he's over-hyped. The hype merchants aren't as loud as the write off merchants. And what's worse than the write off merchants are those shoving green tinted glasses onto everyone's faces so that they can laugh at them. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 57>
  Share Topic