Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 57>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 2:41pm
He really has to be in the squad at the very least. A big part of the millwall team in the playoff places now after a 3-1 win against Luton. On form he prob should start. 
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 2:57pm
He had an ok game today. The 1st half wasn't good for millwall but he bossed the midfield in the 2nd half without doing anything amazing if that makes sense.

Covers a lot of ground and can pass the ball from defense to attack really well, something our midfield hasnt been able to do for years.

Is he ready for ireland? Maybe, maybe not. But he has definitely earned a shot in the team.

My feeling is that he's going to get better and better over the next couple of years so let's get some international experience under his belt.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I do think it's pointless debating about Molumby when he has zero chance of getting into McCarthy's midfield for the playoffs. If there are injuries it'll be Cullen and/or J McCarthy starting at a push. 

Molumby won't feature in what is likely McCarthy's last game or two in charge. He'll stick with the tried and trusted. 

LOL

You might want to include the rest of my post for context genius. 

It's a complete non-starter that he'll be anywhere near the team for the playoffs so it's pointless imo debating about him within those parameters. 

I raise you Aaron Connolly. 

If Glenn Whelan isn't playing week in week out for his club, it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that Molumby won't be in the squad at least and it's naive to think otherwise.

Don't get me wrong I hope he is but McCarthy will not put Mulumby in that midfield unless there's several injuries in that area. 

Mick will not take any chances in the playoffs imo. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 4:25pm
I think we're taking more chances playing the usual undroppables 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I think we're taking more chances playing the usual undroppables 

Exactly if we keep it all the same we are gone
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 4:33pm
Eeees a playa Jeff.   I would like to see him be more attacking though.  Don;t know if its Rowetts instructions or not but he doesn;t get forward enough and plays the Glenn whelan role of sitting in front of te back 4 just playing the simple pass.  Very solid.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Eeees a playa Jeff.   I would like to see him be more attacking though.  Don;t know if its Rowetts instructions or not but he doesn;t get forward enough and plays the Glenn whelan role of sitting in front of te back 4 just playing the simple pass.  Very solid.

Exactly what I was thinking too, it would look like he's been told not to take too many risks going forward. Seems to put the brakes on a bit.

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 6:21pm
Just looking at Molumby's stats for the season, he's after making 20 appearances in all competitions for Millwall, come March he should have another 10+ games under his belt and I think if he's still in form and playing consistently he needs to be seriously looked at imo.

Millwall are flying it too, some impact Rowett has had!
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 6:48pm

Just looking at Molumby's stats for the season, he's after making 20 appearances in all competitions for Millwall, come March he should have another 10+ games under his belt and I think if he's still in form and playing consistently he needs to be seriously looked at imo.

Millwall are flying it too, some impact Rowett has had!

Hopefully he can add few goals and assists, all that's missing from his game
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 8:31pm
Glanced over the last few pages and deleted what was obvious. 

Take your handbags to PMs.

Edited by McG - 02 Jan 2020 at 8:31pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 10:14pm

I do think it's pointless debating about Molumby when he has zero chance of getting into McCarthy's midfield for the playoffs. If there are injuries it'll be Cullen and/or J McCarthy starting at a push. 

Molumby won't feature in what is likely McCarthy's last game or two in charge. He'll stick with the tried and trusted. 

LOL

You might want to include the rest of my post for context genius. 

It's a complete non-starter that he'll be anywhere near the team for the playoffs so it's pointless imo debating about him within those parameters. 

I raise you Aaron Connolly. 

If Glenn Whelan isn't playing week in week out for his club, it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that Molumby won't be in the squad at least and it's naive to think otherwise.

Don't get me wrong I hope he is but McCarthy will not put Mulumby in that midfield unless there's several injuries in that area. 

Mick will not take any chances in the playoffs imo. 

I would worry more about playing a goalkeeper like Mark Travers ahead of Randolph than Molumby playing for us in centre midfield away in Slovakia tbh.

I think any player who's consistently playing week in week out for his club at a good level and doing well, shouldn't be seen as massive risk taken by a manager to play him.

Whelan is out of the picture at club level, James McCarthy has major questions surrounding his Ireland future and Josh Cullen has a mere 2 caps so Mick's hand may be forced and I for one would have no doubts about Jayson doing a job for us.

Personally speaking, I think going away to Slovakia with Connolly starting, Molumby being in with a shout, the prospect of shoehorning Coleman and Doherty in the starting 11 etc would put a completely different spin on what was a shoddy underwhelming qualifying campaign.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 4:03pm
Went to the Cup match V Newport County. .Not the greatest match ever but Jayson put in a very good shift. Defensive midfielder with excellent long range passing.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by ontheball ontheball wrote:

Went to the Cup match V Newport County. .Not the greatest match ever but Jayson put in a very good shift. Defensive midfielder with excellent long range passing.

Great to get an account from someone who was at the game.

How did Amond play?
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

How did Amond play?

Newport's best period was the first 15 minutes of the second half when they deserved to score.  Amond had one damn good chance in this period but shot wide.  I was there supporting Millwall but with green tinted glasses, was hoping Pádraig would score.  He put in a good shift without being threatening.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 7:19pm

Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

How did Amond play?

Newport's best period was the first 15 minutes of the second half when they deserved to score.  Amond had one damn good chance in this period but shot wide.  I was there supporting Millwall but with green tinted glasses, was hoping Pádraig would score.  He put in a good shift without being threatening.

👍
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 12:33pm
Tidy little bit of skill from Molumby, I feel he's going to be an important player for ireland soon.

He's seems to have that combination of being solid in the tackle and technically very good.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 12:49pm
Won't be long before people are talking about his lack of goals and assists, one of the many reasons I am losing touch with modern day football.

He looks a great talent and here's hoping he continues to improve, I would start him against Slovakia as our midfield has been embarrassing this campaign may as well try something different.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 1:03pm

Won't be long before people are talking about his lack of goals and assists, one of the many reasons I am losing touch with modern day football.

He looks a great talent and here's hoping he continues to improve, I would start him against Slovakia as our midfield has been embarrassing this campaign may as well try something different.

Not to mention the expected goals and assists!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 57>
  Share Topic