You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 57>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 10:46am
Despite his performances it looks like Molumby is going to face some extra competition for his starting place with Lewis O'Brien coming in to West Brom from Nottingham Forest. O'Brien is a very good Championship player so with him and Okay Yoksulu competing for the two centre mid starting spots Molumby could be under pressure here.
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 10:56am
Carlos Corberan would also know O'Brien from his two years as Huddersfield manager.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 11:19am
I saw this described somewhere as an upgrade. Maybe, maybe not, but the games come thick and fast in the Championship and every first team squad member is going to see plenty of game time.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Despite his performances it looks like Molumby is going to face some extra competition for his starting place with Lewis O'Brien coming in to West Brom from Nottingham Forest. O'Brien is a very good Championship player so with him and Okay Yoksulu competing for the two centre mid starting spots Molumby could be under pressure here.

O'Brien tends to play further forward, I'd imagine he's competing with more advanced players.
We're decent enough..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 12:15pm
O'Brien can play further forward but played his best in a deeper role under Corberan or as a box to box player last season.

Fans calling for a midfield trio of O'Brien, Molumby, and Yokuslu which shows how impressive Molumby has been since Corberan took over.

Edited by J89 - 28 Jan 2023 at 12:25pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 5:30pm
Looks like West Brom might miss out on O'Brien but they have signed one cap England international Nathaniel Chalobah. He will definitely be in direct competition with Molumby and Yokuslu for the central midfield starting places so it will be interesting to see if Molumby can hold.on to his place in the team.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 7:51pm
Drops to the bench tonight, replaced by new signing Chalobah. 
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 9:37pm
Good response to benching, comes on and scores!
Idah Dream!
trapscat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 9:40pm
excellent, delighted for him. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 9:58pm
A lot of Championship teams rotating players last night and tonight for the midweek games, Chalobah is OK but I'd expect Molumby to hold him off and keep his place over the course of the season.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 10:49pm
Molumby was left on for the whole of WBA's last game while most of the rest of the midfield was substituted - he was just rested tonight. Great to see him get another goal when he was introduced.
We're decent enough..
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 6:44am
Yeah, as opposed to it being a response to being dropped could it not be an important player is rested and comes onto win the game for his side, reminding everyone why he is an important player? 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Yeah, as opposed to it being a response to being dropped could9 it not be an important player is rested and comes onto win the game for his side, reminding everyone why he is an important player? 

"Rested" again tonight!
Idah Dream!
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Yeah, as opposed to it being a response to being dropped could9 it not be an important player is rested and comes onto win the game for his side, reminding everyone why he is an important player? 

"Rested" again tonight!

Just a longer rest than expected. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

"Rested" again tonight!

Just a longer rest than expected. 

Ah yes Ted, a nice long rest 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 9:16pm
Comes on and provides an assist.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 9:16pm
Grabs an assist after coming on.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 9:17pm
On at halftime, assist 10 minutes later to bring WBA level.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 57>
  Share Topic