You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 57>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

On the bench again today, clearly out of favour now, worrying from an Irish perspective. Lowest Who scored rating of any outfield player in the Championship this season with 10 starts or more, 6.25. Needs to be playing and doing more on the ball. Has done ok in the green recently, but he remains limited. Both himself and Knight having poor seasons!

Been a bit more than "ok" in the green I'd say. Like West Brom, he started the season pretty well. The wheels have come off for them in the last 6 weeks though. We've seen more than enough of him to suggest he's a useful player, he'll need to convince Corberan of that now.

He hasn't started the last 6 games. In 10 starts and 3 sub apps, he has a whoscored rating of 6.25, the absolute lowest of any outfield player in the entire Championship with 10 starts or more - I didn't make that up and it would suggest he's having a particularly poor season.

This season, he was decent vs Scotland away, no more and he was blessed not to see red vs Armenia!

If this lad is a mainstay in the Irish team, then we have issues, he lacks the discipline to play as a 6 and Cullen is much better than him in any case and he doesn't have the game to play as an 8. He can do a job vs better opposition where we intend to stop them playing, but he's pointless in games where we are looking to play on the front foot!
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 12:57pm

On the bench again today, clearly out of favour now, worrying from an Irish perspective. Lowest Who scored rating of any outfield player in the Championship this season with 10 starts or more, 6.25. Needs to be playing and doing more on the ball. Has done ok in the green recently, but he remains limited. Both himself and Knight having poor seasons!

Been a bit more than "ok" in the green I'd say. Like West Brom, he started the season pretty well. The wheels have come off for them in the last 6 weeks though. We've seen more than enough of him to suggest he's a useful player, he'll need to convince Corberan of that now.

He hasn't started the last 6 games. In 10 starts and 3 sub apps, he has a whoscored rating of 6.25, the absolute lowest of any outfield player in the entire Championship with 10 starts or more - I didn't make that up and it would suggest he's having a particularly poor season.

This season, he was decent vs Scotland away, no more and he was blessed not to see red vs Armenia!

If this lad is a mainstay in the Irish team, then we have issues, he lacks the discipline to play as a 6 and Cullen is much better than him in any case and he doesn't have the game to play as an 8. He can do a job vs better opposition where we intend to stop them playing, but he's pointless in games where we are looking to play on the front foot!

He was very good against Scotland, and our best player against Armenia. It was notable how the wheels came off when he had to be replaced. It's similarly notable how West Brom's season has nosedived in recent weeks when he's been left out of the team. The fans were certainly very happy with him in the opening weeks where his signing was widely regarded as an absolute bargain.
We're decent enough..
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 1:06pm

He was very good against Scotland, and our best player against Armenia. It was notable how the wheels came off when he had to be replaced. It's similarly notable how West Brom's season has nosedived in recent weeks when he's been left out of the team. The fans were certainly very happy with him in the opening weeks where his signing was widely regarded as an absolute bargain.
Whatever you reckon dude, I have watched him twice this season for wba and the very same issues he had as a 20yo are all still too apparent, a lack of tactical awareness, technique and vision. He's pushing 24 now. They won 1 of the 10 games he started. I'd love to see him bossing midfield for wba and ireland, cos we badly need midfielders, but I don't think he's the answer!
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 1:32pm

Whatever you reckon dude, I have watched him twice this season for wba and the very same issues he had as a 20yo are all still too apparent, a lack of tactical awareness, technique and vision. He's pushing 24 now. They won 1 of the 10 games he started. I'd love to see him bossing midfield for wba and ireland, cos we badly need midfielders, but I don't think he's the answer!

I'm not sure where this "lack of technique and vision" natrrative has arisen from. I genuinely wonder if it's down to the fact he's high energy and combative that people just assume he's technically poor. A lack of discipline is certainly an issue, but the idea that he can't pick a pass is a myth. 

Contrary to what you said earlier regarding him being useful against better sides for breaking play up, but hopeless against weaker sides where we need to be progressive, he was the one actually setting the tempo against Armenia. We completely dominated them when he was on the field, and then lost control of the midfield when we went off.

Edited by The O'Shea - 29 Oct 2022 at 1:33pm
We're decent enough..
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 2:38pm

I'm not sure where this "lack of technique and vision" natrrative has arisen from. I genuinely wonder if it's down to the fact he's high energy and combative that people just assume he's technically poor. A lack of discipline is certainly an issue, but the idea that he can't pick a pass is a myth. 

Contrary to what you said earlier regarding him being useful against better sides for breaking play up, but hopeless against weaker sides where we need to be progressive, he was the one actually setting the tempo against Armenia. We completely dominated them when he was on the field, and then lost control of the midfield when we went off.

After he should 100% have seen red you mean!
Idah Dream!
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 8:35pm
The way we are set up to play, Molumby is one of our most important players. We are very soft in midfield without him and a lovely team to play against when he isn't on the pitch. 

We either need to find someone who can do his role better than him or is at very least good enough to deputise for him  (unlikely for the foreseeable unless we have someone unexpected declare for us) or we find a new way to set up - with an extra man in midfield. Again, not a very attractive option as we aren't blessed with many options in midfield. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 3:33pm
Starts today and it's his 50th game for WBA.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 8:45am
New manager in place. Jayson has started last two of the new Manager's 3 first matches (which they have all won, by the way) and did well yesterday apparently. Fans' forums and Birmingham Mail liked what they saw anyway..

Molumby 8

It might be a footballing cliché, but he really did cover every blade of grass. Molumby is more than just a runner, though. There were times when he displayed good ability in possession, not least of all his sharp turn to get Thompson booked.

Edited by Eoink21 - 13 Nov 2022 at 8:46am
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 4:48pm
Must have a dig to see how he's going but Molumby is credited with an assist today. He seems to have featured in all bar 1 or 2 league games this season so far. 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 4:54pm
By all accounts he is the best player on the pitch today. Sofascore agrees. Last few games all i see is people talking about his manic workrate.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Must have a dig to see how he's going but Molumby is credited with an assist today. He seems to have featured in all bar 1 or 2 league games this season so far. 

Outstanding, judging by the comments on twitter under his name.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 5:01pm
There's a really good player in Molumby, hopefully now he settles down and shows his quality, I think in the past he has been too eager and looked like a bit of a headless chicken at times. 

West Brom are on a great run now and could be playing Prem football next year if they keep going on this run, Molumby been playing very well for them aswel and the fans love him.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 02 Jan 2023 at 5:02pm
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 5:08pm
Starting to love him. He was trashed every week under Bruce. 
Corberan is the perfect manager for him and he is perfect for the system. 
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 5:27pm
Thanks for the feedback folks. Delighted to see. He could play and be maligned but it's great that is not the case. I thought he could have gone either way unless he made up some lost ground on development that he missed through stagnation and injury. This season could be the making of a good player for Ireland. 
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 6:08pm
Over 71% of 1,100 voters are giving him MOTM for today. Not bad...

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 6:13pm
Rarely has a bad game, the absolute minimum he gives you is ferocious workrate, and it's typically more on top of that.

Molumby's only real issues have been rashness and a tendency towards reckless tackles, he seems to be tampering that out recently so hopefully he'll go from strength to strength.
We're decent enough..
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 1:00pm
Technically limited but more than makes up for it with everything else he brings. WBA fans starting to appreciate this but it helps that they are winning games again with him part of it. All young players should look at this guy to see what determination looks like. If Connolly could get a small % of it he could yet have a career.
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 1:22pm
has to start against France
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 57>
  Share Topic