Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 57>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 10:49pm
Molumby was left on for the whole of WBA's last game while most of the rest of the midfield was substituted - he was just rested tonight. Great to see him get another goal when he was introduced.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 9:58pm
A lot of Championship teams rotating players last night and tonight for the midweek games, Chalobah is OK but I'd expect Molumby to hold him off and keep his place over the course of the season.
trapscat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 9:40pm
excellent, delighted for him. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 9:37pm
Good response to benching, comes on and scores!
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 7:51pm
Drops to the bench tonight, replaced by new signing Chalobah. 
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 5:30pm
Looks like West Brom might miss out on O'Brien but they have signed one cap England international Nathaniel Chalobah. He will definitely be in direct competition with Molumby and Yokuslu for the central midfield starting places so it will be interesting to see if Molumby can hold.on to his place in the team.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 12:15pm
O'Brien can play further forward but played his best in a deeper role under Corberan or as a box to box player last season.

Fans calling for a midfield trio of O'Brien, Molumby, and Yokuslu which shows how impressive Molumby has been since Corberan took over.

Edited by J89 - 28 Jan 2023 at 12:25pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Despite his performances it looks like Molumby is going to face some extra competition for his starting place with Lewis O'Brien coming in to West Brom from Nottingham Forest. O'Brien is a very good Championship player so with him and Okay Yoksulu competing for the two centre mid starting spots Molumby could be under pressure here.

O'Brien tends to play further forward, I'd imagine he's competing with more advanced players.
We're decent enough..
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 11:19am
I saw this described somewhere as an upgrade. Maybe, maybe not, but the games come thick and fast in the Championship and every first team squad member is going to see plenty of game time.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 10:56am
Carlos Corberan would also know O'Brien from his two years as Huddersfield manager.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 10:46am
Despite his performances it looks like Molumby is going to face some extra competition for his starting place with Lewis O'Brien coming in to West Brom from Nottingham Forest. O'Brien is a very good Championship player so with him and Okay Yoksulu competing for the two centre mid starting spots Molumby could be under pressure here.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I saw the game on Friday night and he didn't do too much that stands out well aprt from pushing over Tella in the area and going for goal when a pass across the six yard box would have been a goal . 

Not impressed to be honest 

I thought you’d love an old school blood and guts centre midfielder. Watching tippy tappy Burnley must have you gone soft 
El Puto Amo
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 2:11pm
Was one of the best players on the pitch? His team were under the cosh. 
Did he create loads no but his role is a very disciplined one and he was near perfect
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 1:31pm
I saw the game on Friday night and he didn't do too much that stands out well aprt from pushing over Tella in the area and going for goal when a pass across the six yard box would have been a goal . 

Not impressed to be honest 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 4:07pm
He reminds me of Roy Keane in a few different ways. Obviously not on Keane's level but has certain similar traits, including temperament - which Keane mostly contained. That reaction might have been okay in Keane's day but could earn a red these days. Got away with it though and his teammates and fans will love him for it. 
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 2:54pm
Yes Jayson went full ballistic there. Could have seen red. Very stupid and impulsive.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 2:36pm
Thats a stupid reaction
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 12:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 57>
  Share Topic