You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How much do you stick in a wedding card?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 33>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 10:21am
When i got married i wasnt too much in to the present thing but more interested that everyone enjoyed themselves. The worst thing about it was the ****s that didnt turn up. 3 couples in total. Two of them had foreign weddings that i went to at some expense. The other couple told me they were going only the week before. All f**king dead to me now as one lied as why he couldnt make it. Another i met at a friends wedding a couple of weeks after who gave me a recycled present which the wife threw into a charity shop the next day. If he only knew that the lad who was getting married used to throw it into his missis every now and again.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 10:30am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

When i got married i wasnt too much in to the present thing but more interested that everyone enjoyed themselves. The worst thing about it was the ****s that didnt turn up. 3 couples in total. Two of them had foreign weddings that i went to at some expense. The other couple told me they were going only the week before. All f**king dead to me now as one lied as why he couldnt make it. Another i met at a friends wedding a couple of weeks after who gave me a recycled present which the wife threw into a charity shop the next day. If he only knew that the lad who was getting married used to throw it into his missis every now and again.
Its funny, before I got married I wouldn't have thought stuff like that would bother me but it did. Had the same issue with 3 couples not turning up, one I only spoke to the week before. Another was a friend who told me the night before that he couldn't make it and would see me at the afters - never showed and never heard anything from him for about 6 months. His missus apologised a few years after for missing it but never said why, I didn't care at that stage. Things never been the same since
Some people just deserve a slap
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 10:48am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

I got married in Vegas and 14 of us went over, but when I got back I had a night in town, where friends and family came along.

I had a few old friends who didn't bother their balls coming. What annoyed me is that I went to their wedding whereby I had to take 2 days off work and put 200e in a card for them.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 10:49am
We're a very strange little country!
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:04am
I know there is a lot of non believers in me out there but this is gospel, i was going out with a girl for 6 and a half years, but we broke up over a little indescresion that i had when she went to Australia for a family members wedding, which i had refused to splash the cash to go to for 3 weeks (fck that 3 weeks with the lads on the piss seemed a great idea to me). Anyway out on the lash with the lads and this other wan starts chatting to me, seemed a nice enough girl at the start of the night so thought nothing of it but coming to closing time she appears over again and asks me where i was going next to which i said home, but i told her the lads were going on to a club and 1 of the lads fancied her but she batted that away and said would i walk her home so with a nice few drinks on board i said yeah, anyway 1 thing led to another and she was dropping her drawers for a few meetings we had over the 3 weeks ( i made this okay in my head by thinking the the mot in Australia would be doing the same probably LOL)

Anyway unbeknownst to me one of the mates had a friend of his with him on the night yer wan first emerged and the dirty coont told his sister who turned out to know my mot and of course been a nosey coont she asked the mot had we broken up when she got back from Australia because i had not gone, to which the mot said no, and of course the nosey coont followed up with (yes you got it) Oh when i seen him with ***** ******* i though you's were finished, well you's know the rest and nothing was going to fix it.

Forward on 4 years and out 1 night with a girl we bump into the ex with her new fella and got talking for about half an hour and something in me head was saying i know yer man from somewhere so i asked the ex and lo an behold it was only the fcker that had been in our company on the night i met the bird in the pub the coont that squelt to his sister the dirty coont, anyway the ex starts getting a bit soppy and asks would it be okay if we meet up to have a chat well i'm a free spirt and say yes, so to cut a long story short we meet over a couple of drinks and i get the feeling there is still something there between us but she tells me your man asked to to marry him and what did i think, i just said sure if you are happy why not and if you are not say no, have to say i got out of there and was quiet sad that i had fcked all this up as i knew by the way i felt that i still was mad about her.

After numerous phone calls and not having the balls to tell her how i felt and her not willing to do the same the date was approaching for the wedding and an invitation was giving to me but just for myself no plus 1, the girl i was knocking off at the time was not impressed but she did not know the extent of the link between us, she said to me you are not going to a wedding without me and i agreed (did not think i would be able to stomach it anyway, watching the girl i wanted but fcked it all up) anyway 2 days before the wedding i was due to go to a party with the mot and pulled the oul i am dying sick with the flu, sher go with your mates it will be grand i said as i decided to plot going to the wedding.

So anyway day of the wedding and i am still will i wont i, so say fck it a day out i will know most there and they will know me sure what could go wrong, proceed to the church and am welcomed with open arms by most of her family, i got on really well with them anyway especially her brothers who were sound and her sisters who were good craic, sure we used to babysit their kids (many's a good night had in their houses when the kids had gone asleep Wink) so we proceeded to the hollybrook hotel for the festivities and after the dinner and all the usual shoite speeches in which the coonts groomsman made a passing remark in which i was mentioned and got a good laugh from his half of the room, one of the ex's brothers said to me are you going to let him get away with that, i did not know what to say never mid what to do i just wanted to leave but i was convinced to stay, anyway i was making my way back from the jacks to the bar when the ex called me in the hallway to talk to me and was trying to apologise for the w**ker putting shoite like that in the speech (i wont lie i felt the tears welling up in my eyes as i looked ah her standing there and thinking that it should be me in the room sitting at the top table in my wedding suit but i just held them back but she could see i was hurting) she took me by the hand and we walked to the reception area and had a heart to heart and i let her know how i felt but wished her all the very best in marriage but she said why did i not do this before hand i was sad that i had said this now but she would not let it go, so i had to say what was bugging me about the incident back those years ago and how that sneaky coont had wormed his way to her by fckin squealing on me and then moving in for the kill (would probably do it myself if i liked the girl enough LOL) the coont was now coming out to the reception area with a couple of his gobshoites to ask what was going on and what i was at so i said just having a chat with a very good friend and she backed me up to which he replied well everyone is waiting on her and she should get back in the room, she said she would be a few minutes as we were not finished talking and sent him on his way to my glee LOL her brother had come out to make sure nothing physical was going to happen "ahem" as he said to me you should have clocked the coont, the sneaky coont certainly was not a family favourite LOL the brother said to us to take our time. Next thing i know we are walking upstairs holding hands and i find myself standing at her door with lips locking horns, enter the room and straight onto the bed jaysus some job banging a bird in a wedding dress and her not wanting to get "anything on it" it was a great ride fairly quick but great LOL we headed back to the reception area about 15 after the event where she proceeded to walk back intothe room and i just hung back and all i could see was her brother standing there looking at me with a big smirk on his face and then saying "i meant get the fcking groomsman back not the fckin groom but sure fck it he is a coont too LOL" we just laughed and wandered back in, i had a huge smile on my face everytime i looked at the smug coont kissing his bride knowing where my cock had been just a short time earlier

They broke up about 5 years later she was never happy Clap
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:16am
Holy fookin' jaysus. LOL
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:25am

That's some read LOL

Some people just deserve a slap
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Wedding lists have always been incredibly helpful when buying for weddings. I much prefer giving gifts that people will use and need rather than giving cash which can be a little impersonal, or a item which is not useful.

There's a suprise LOLLOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:53am
Why did you not just do a Graduate during the wedding?
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:54am
Great story but what sort of trollop does that sh*t on her wedding day ? Do birds like that even exist ?!
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:56am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Great story but what sort of trollop does that sh*t on her wedding day ? Do birds like that even exist ?!
An unhappy bride ,and yes they do, food for thought there babbsy wha LOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:56am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

I know there is a lot of non believers in me out there but this is gospel, i was going out with a girl for 6 and a half years, but we broke up over a little indescresion that i had when she went to Australia for a family members wedding, which i had refused to splash the cash to go to for 3 weeks (fck that 3 weeks with the lads on the piss seemed a great idea to me). Anyway out on the lash with the lads and this other wan starts chatting to me, seemed a nice enough girl at the start of the night so thought nothing of it but coming to closing time she appears over again and asks me where i was going next to which i said home, but i told her the lads were going on to a club and 1 of the lads fancied her but she batted that away and said would i walk her home so with a nice few drinks on board i said yeah, anyway 1 thing led to another and she was dropping her drawers for a few meetings we had over the 3 weeks ( i made this okay in my head by thinking the the mot in Australia would be doing the same probably LOL)

Anyway unbeknownst to me one of the mates had a friend of his with him on the night yer wan first emerged and the dirty coont told his sister who turned out to know my mot and of course been a nosey coont she asked the mot had we broken up when she got back from Australia because i had not gone, to which the mot said no, and of course the nosey coont followed up with (yes you got it) Oh when i seen him with ***** ******* i though you's were finished, well you's know the rest and nothing was going to fix it.

Forward on 4 years and out 1 night with a girl we bump into the ex with her new fella and got talking for about half an hour and something in me head was saying i know yer man from somewhere so i asked the ex and lo an behold it was only the fcker that had been in our company on the night i met the bird in the pub the coont that squelt to his sister the dirty coont, anyway the ex starts getting a bit soppy and asks would it be okay if we meet up to have a chat well i'm a free spirt and say yes, so to cut a long story short we meet over a couple of drinks and i get the feeling there is still something there between us but she tells me your man asked to to marry him and what did i think, i just said sure if you are happy why not and if you are not say no, have to say i got out of there and was quiet sad that i had fcked all this up as i knew by the way i felt that i still was mad about her.

After numerous phone calls and not having the balls to tell her how i felt and her not willing to do the same the date was approaching for the wedding and an invitation was giving to me but just for myself no plus 1, the girl i was knocking off at the time was not impressed but she did not know the extent of the link between us, she said to me you are not going to a wedding without me and i agreed (did not think i would be able to stomach it anyway, watching the girl i wanted but fcked it all up) anyway 2 days before the wedding i was due to go to a party with the mot and pulled the oul i am dying sick with the flu, sher go with your mates it will be grand i said as i decided to plot going to the wedding.

So anyway day of the wedding and i am still will i wont i, so say fck it a day out i will know most there and they will know me sure what could go wrong, proceed to the church and am welcomed with open arms by most of her family, i got on really well with them anyway especially her brothers who were sound and her sisters who were good craic, sure we used to babysit their kids (many's a good night had in their houses when the kids had gone asleep Wink) so we proceeded to the hollybrook hotel for the festivities and after the dinner and all the usual shoite speeches in which the coonts groomsman made a passing remark in which i was mentioned and got a good laugh from his half of the room, one of the ex's brothers said to me are you going to let him get away with that, i did not know what to say never mid what to do i just wanted to leave but i was convinced to stay, anyway i was making my way back from the jacks to the bar when the ex called me in the hallway to talk to me and was trying to apologise for the w**ker putting shoite like that in the speech (i wont lie i felt the tears welling up in my eyes as i looked ah her standing there and thinking that it should be me in the room sitting at the top table in my wedding suit but i just held them back but she could see i was hurting) she took me by the hand and we walked to the reception area and had a heart to heart and i let her know how i felt but wished her all the very best in marriage but she said why did i not do this before hand i was sad that i had said this now but she would not let it go, so i had to say what was bugging me about the incident back those years ago and how that sneaky coont had wormed his way to her by fckin squealing on me and then moving in for the kill (would probably do it myself if i liked the girl enough LOL) the coont was now coming out to the reception area with a couple of his gobshoites to ask what was going on and what i was at so i said just having a chat with a very good friend and she backed me up to which he replied well everyone is waiting on her and she should get back in the room, she said she would be a few minutes as we were not finished talking and sent him on his way to my glee LOL her brother had come out to make sure nothing physical was going to happen "ahem" as he said to me you should have clocked the coont, the sneaky coont certainly was not a family favourite LOL the brother said to us to take our time. Next thing i know we are walking upstairs holding hands and i find myself standing at her door with lips locking horns, enter the room and straight onto the bed jaysus some job banging a bird in a wedding dress and her not wanting to get "anything on it" it was a great ride fairly quick but great LOL we headed back to the reception area about 15 after the event where she proceeded to walk back intothe room and i just hung back and all i could see was her brother standing there looking at me with a big smirk on his face and then saying "i meant get the fcking groomsman back not the fckin groom but sure fck it he is a coont too LOL" we just laughed and wandered back in, i had a huge smile on my face everytime i looked at the smug coont kissing his bride knowing where my cock had been just a short time earlier

They broke up about 5 years later she was never happy Clap

POTY wrapped up
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 12:08pm
Anyone that belives that story -ffs
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 12:11pm
Was that Love Hate season 4 Doc?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I can only say robert for once this is actually what happened hand on heart, i could not be arsed making up some sh*t like that i dont do long post's i do short and to the point but hey ho take it or leave it 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Was that Love Hate season 4 Doc?

LOLLOLLOL
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I can only say robert for once this is actually what happened hand on heart, i could not be arsed making up some sh*t like that i dont do long post's i do short and to the point but hey ho take it or leave it 

Doc doesnt do posts longer than a few sentences ripping someone to pieces. Great story
da_launchpad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da_launchpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 1:01pm
Ah jesus - that is epic story f**kin hell!!! Is she back with you now?
If in doubt just f**k it out!!! Stop the nonsense as Johnny Giles would say
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 33>
  Share Topic