You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How much do you stick in a wedding card?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How much do you stick in a wedding card?
    Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

oh no i am being attacked by Larry Curly and Moe
Awk wee pet, that's awful. Is there anyone you can talk to?

It was as light hearted as it comes. You're probably the life and soul of a wedding party Wink
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 11:05pm
oh no i am being attacked by Larry Curly and Moe
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

You must be some craic at a wedding Newryrep Wink

Would imagine usually found at the bar complaining about the beer selection and the amount of flags at the venue.

Only sticks a beat up £20 bob note of the queen in a Poundsaver card too
It would damage this forums' reputation
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Day 2 is always the better day, much more relaxed, plus more scoops.

Agreed.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 4:01pm

Would imagine usually found at the bar complaining about the beer selection and the amount of flags at the venue.
...Telling everyone he's not staying the night, getting a lift home, waiting for the father of bride to buy everyone a round and no chance of seeing him about for the next day. Doggy bag of left overs in the suit pocket all day.

LOL
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 3:59pm

...Telling everyone he's not staying the night, getting a lift home, waiting for the father of bride to buy everyone a round and no chance of seeing him about for the next day. Doggy bag of left overs in the suit pocket all day.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 3:42pm

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 2:06pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

why do you need a second day ffs 

If the wedding is destination, and a weekend one, more often than not, people have three days. But usually that has involved the entire event being catered, and the bar being totally open. Its polite to do so, especially if people are making a weekend/holiday of it.

We were at a wedding last weekend in Kilarney! Definitely worth having the 2nd day with half the wedding guests travelling from the North! Though saying that I would have happily stayed in Kilarney town all day on the Saturday, when the weather is good there’s nowhere better.

Dublin is Clap

Get away HB LOL
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 1:52pm

If the wedding is destination, and a weekend one, more often than not, people have three days. But usually that has involved the entire event being catered, and the bar being totally open. Its polite to do so, especially if people are making a weekend/holiday of it.

WTF - i get the destination bit there will be group things to do before the wedding but not after 

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Day 2 are for close friends, wedding day you've enough cousins, family friends, and photographers that the bride/groom need to keep their sh1t together. Day 2 they can let their hair down. Some of the best Day 2's are when you have only 10/15 people left for an all day session, rather than the ones where 40/50 people feel they have to stay about

WTF 2 - this is what is wrong here everybody trying to outdo one another - invite your cousin if your close to them and friends not because they are your cousin  and as for famiiy friends they are friends with your ma and da not you .

'Ohh i had 300 at my weeding' , ohh ohh wait  i had 350 at my wedding and it was two days long ' Well i had 500 at my wedding lasted a week U2 were the wedding band and Beyonce made a special apprearence 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 1:35pm

We were at a wedding last weekend in Kilarney! Definitely worth having the 2nd day with half the wedding guests travelling from the North! Though saying that I would have happily stayed in Kilarney town all day on the Saturday, when the weather is good there’s nowhere better.

Dublin is Clap
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I’ll be doing a spreadsheet LOL

It will save you loads of time! 

The fiancée loves a spreadsheet! Have grown quite fond of it myself to help with the organising.

Goodness that's a shock !!!!!!!!!!!

Did not really think anyone would be daft enough to get engaged to you LOL

I’m a loveable person in the real world Murph.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 12:04pm

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 11:11am

Jeeezz NR you would bitch about anything , i could bet you were not that happy at your own wedding Shocked
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 10:06am
Day 2 is always the better day, much more relaxed, plus more scoops.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 10:00am

Day 2 are for close friends, wedding day you've enough cousins, family friends, and photographers that the bride/groom need to keep their sh1t together. Day 2 they can let their hair down. Some of the best Day 2's are when you have only 10/15 people left for an all day session, rather than the ones where 40/50 people feel they have to stay about
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 9:58am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

For those who got married, did you do a follow up after the fact to check off everyone who had given you a card or not? 

I didn't really as far as i can remember. We opened them up the morning after, made a quick observational mental note of the people that paid us well or surprised us with their generosity and then also those who were maybe tighter than we expected but then we just piled all the money together and that was that. Don't think we went through the wedding list and checked off who we got cards off versus didn't 
Just having a record of future presents is what the spredsheet is for. To remember that Person x gave you €250 instead of the standard €150, and you remember to get them back when it's their wedding.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 9:39am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>
  Share Topic